Update on Petition Signing

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: 131 signed as of 11am Sunday… :unamused:

Myself and my son have signed up. Tried to put wife’s name on as well but as she shares the same e-mail address as me it wouldn’t have it. :angry:

Don’t forget the link ? Put it up at any chance you get.

Agree with Dafmad, just posted the link on various courier websites as alot of them venture into Europe and can be affected to! :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: :sunglasses:

DAFMAD:
Don’t forget the link ? Put it up at any chance you get.

:wink:

petitions.pm.gov.uk/UKtruckdrivers/

link4couriers.com/modules.ph … ic&t=13654

zebadee:
http://www.link4couriers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13654

A big ‘thank you’ to everyone… :slight_smile:

177 signatures,as of 21.30 Sunday 9th Dec…Bloody near the target of 200 minimum

I’d love to get a couple thousand though…really make the Authorities sit up and take notice :smiling_imp:

17.00 hrs 11/12/07 198 signitures and looking at the names, the couriers from the link4 site have done a spendid job. Thanks to everyone :laughing:

Just to bring this subject to the top of the forum, hopefuly to get more signatures :smiley:

206 signatures now :wink:

Denis F:

And a mention in this week’s Commercial Motor, including a web addy, by none other than our own Rikki-UK :smiley: Nice one Rikki :wink:

I’d love to know why it’s taken so long to get topside of 200 signatures :confused:

Surely there can’t be many more causes more worthy of our support, can there :question:

dieseldave:

Denis F:

And a mention in this week’s Commercial Motor, including a web addy, by none other than our own Rikki-UK :smiley: Nice one Rikki :wink:

I’d love to know why it’s taken so long to get topside of 200 signatures :confused:

Surely there can’t be many more causes more worthy of our support, can there :question:

Thats from the Family too Rikki,much appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who has signed…207 as of 20.00…

petitions.pm.gov.uk/UKtruckdrivers/

noticed when i got back home that my name still werent on the list so have signeup using two email addresses oppps hope your brother is doing ok wurzel send him my best. :slight_smile:

wurzel99uk:
Thanks to everyone who has signed…207 as of 20.00…

We got there in the end

dieseldave:

Denis F:

No ? can´t it ?

there was/is an organisation called Justice For Drivers which campaigned against this sort of thing and even though they managed to get thousands of signatures nothing was done about this intolerable situation, the reasons are really quite simple so long as the cheapest options is make the driver responsable and jail him then nothing will ever change. This way the costs for international investigations are saved and the regional crimes solved statistics are good.

Vascoingles:

dieseldave:

Denis F:

No ? can´t it ?

there was/is an organisation called Justice For Drivers which campaigned against this sort of thing and even though they managed to get thousands of signatures nothing was done about this intolerable situation, the reasons are really quite simple so long as the cheapest options is make the driver responsable and jail him then nothing will ever change. This way the costs for international investigations are saved and the regional crimes solved statistics are good.

Very true…And my attempts now may not be the straw to finally break the Camels in Authority into creating a fairer and more equitable system,but if I don’t try then I’m never going to find out…I appreciate you taking the time to read about this case and be sufficiently inspired to make several postings…No such thing as bad publicity… :wink:

Vascoingles,trust me,If I didn’t think that there was a chance of making a difference,If the present system was robust and fair then I would be banging my head against a brick wall…but it ain’t…and I’m not…Whether things get altered soon enough to help my Brother,we all hope so,but if we at least can prevent other families from having to suffer then yeah…bloody right its worthwhile…

signed today … better late than never :blush:

steadymabo:
signed today … better late than never :blush:

242 signed,still ticking over…any else get a reply from their MP ?

No answer from my MP, however the last time I wrote to them about something it took 2 months to get a reply and it was one of those “I have passed this issue to the ministry in charge of these matters and hopefully this will see some action”
Letters that means:

“I can’t do owt, so I’ve passed it to someone who can, but wont”