Pricing up a run to greece

Ive been offered 6 trailer loads to greece.Can anyone give me some costing figures please? IE Dov/Cal cost French tolls to the Blanc.Cost of the Blanc.Italian tolls to Ancona/Brindisi and a rough idea of the cost of the ferry to Greece PS Running thru Swiss wont be an option.Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated ta. :slight_smile:

not asking for much are you :open_mouth: hence the lack of replies :wink: :wink:
have you never done europe before? surely you know ferry and peage prices?

welshboyinspain:
not asking for much are you :open_mouth: hence the lack of replies :wink: :wink:

And you have a go at me for being blunt!

Hombre:

welshboyinspain:

And you have a go at me for being blunt!

not being blunt mark just pointing out why there have been plenty of reads but no replies :smiley:
iā€™m all for helping others out if thereā€™s something they need to know but the whole thing from dover to greece? maybe the OP should employ a TM who knows what they are doing :bulb:
after all would you trust some of the replies that could come on here :wink: :wink:
just imagine being told to price the job at a pound a mile plus a mars bar :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If as a haulier or as an O/D you donƂĀ“t know how to obtain the necessary information to price a certain job then maybe you should not even be considering the job

Vascoingles:
If as a haulier or as an O/D you donƂĀ“t know how to obtain the necessary information to price a certain job then maybe you should not even be considering the job

much more eloquently put than my blunt response :laughing: :laughing:

ā€œrespect for the vas, driver of many yearsā€ chris8 what a muppet :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2000kms and 400 euro tolls Calais to Ancona

Speaking as a neutral in this discussion, I have to say that I can see both sides of it.

I meanā€¦ Iā€™ve been a C+E driver since 1979, I passed Nat and Int operator CPCs in 1997 and I have 10 years provable experience in 16 countries as a Euro-tramper. In my own case, I havenā€™t driven an LGV in Europe since 1992, so Iā€™d expect that a few things have changed from then to the present day.

Theoretically, I could obtain an international ā€˜Oā€™ licence, buy a truck and be offered some work to Greece.
To me, that would be a bit of a problem, because Iā€™ve never been to Greece.
Iā€™d admit that I wouldnā€™t have the slightest idea of tolls/Maut/ferries at this time either.

On the other hand, there are websites where one can find out much of the info asked by Sammy, but maybe Sammy isnā€™t quite up to speed with such matters, or his knowledge is simply ā€˜outdatedā€™ just like mine is. TBH, I wouldnā€™t have asked in quite the way that Sammy did, but with only a handful of posts, perhaps Sammy is also a newcomer to forums.

All Iā€™m saying is that everybody had a ā€˜first dayā€™ doing something, and up to now, Sammy hasnā€™t had much help when he clearly admitted that he needed it by asking.

:bulb: Donā€™t we always advise those who donā€™t know something that they should ask??

Cant give you a price on the ferry from Ancona but if you call 0844 5760060 which is superfast ferriesā€¦never done italy or greece so dont know if they are the best or cheapest ā€¦french toll costs can be found at transportsfriend.org/int/tolls-italy.html ā€¦hope this is some help

dogthehunter:
Cant give you a price on the ferry from Ancona but if you call 0844 5760060 which is superfast ferriesā€¦

Superfast Cargo (Superfast Ferries) 0870 234 2222 or 01383 608028
Superfast Ferries 0870 234 0870 or 01383 608027
:wink:

OK< Ill put my four pennorth in here - thats aside from having a dig at James.

Seriously, if you are an owner driver / operator then you really shouldnt be in this business if you are not able to find the price of ferries and tolls on your own.

Back in the dark ages, pre-internet I would grant you that it could be a bit of a sod trawling through telephone directories and the like looking for telex and phone numbers for ferry companies and asking around for toll prices. A qiuck search on the internet will answer nearly all your questions.

I wont be so rude immediately. But why is Switzerland ruled out?

Ferry costs are different for everyone, the more you spend, the cheaper it gets.

The people to answer most of these toll and ferry questions will be Harbour Shipping.

Would it be a rude question to ask where your customer is based, because Greece are struggling to balance the book at the moment.

ferry Ā£300
benelux vignette 8 euro.
german maut 117 euro
austrian maut 60 euro
hunagarian vignette Ā£40 for 10 days.
romanian vignette 14 euro per day.
bularian tollsā– ā– ?
greek tollsā– ā– ?

limeyphil:
ferry Ā£300
benelux vignette 8 euro.
german maut 117 euro
austrian maut 60 euro
bularian tollsā– ā– ?
greek tollsā– ā– ?

Why would you need any of those when you are going Ancona or Bari

Wheel Nut:

limeyphil:
ferry Ā£300
benelux vignette 8 euro.
german maut 117 euro
austrian maut 60 euro
bularian tollsā– ā– ?
greek tollsā– ā– ?

In fairness you would need some of them.

Wheel Nut:

Could be value too high for the T-forms or weight.

Ben9:

Wheel Nut:

limeyphil:
ferry Ā£300
benelux vignette 8 euro.
german maut 117 euro
austrian maut 60 euro
bularian tollsā– ā– ?
greek tollsā– ā– ?

Going the route the OP asked about you wouldnā€™t need any of them, apart from the ferry and any tolls in Greece. Listing them only serves to confuse someone who by the sound of it is already confused.

Ben9:

Wheel Nut:

Could be value too high for the T-forms or weight.

Same weight as France or Germany. I just wondered if it had just been dismissed because of rumours

Ex Haulier I can see you will need a channel ferry and will have to pay some Greek Tolls, although when I used to go to Greece all the peages were abandoned, empty or free :stuck_out_tongue:

Superfast from Bari around Ć¢ā€šĀ¬420 - Ć¢ā€šĀ¬480

Superfast from Ancona around Ć¢ā€šĀ¬700

Donā€™t you need a third party agent for ferries to Greece? And donā€™t forget the port tax you have to pay at each end in cash. Oh and in the summer you need to book way way in advance to get on the ferry you want, otherwise youā€™ll be sat days waiting for a space.

GBPub:

Ben9:

Wheel Nut:

limeyphil:
ferry Ā£300
benelux vignette 8 euro.
german maut 117 euro
austrian maut 60 euro
bularian tollsā– ā– ?
greek tollsā– ā– ?

Going the route the OP asked about you wouldnā€™t need any of them, apart from the ferry and any tolls in Greece. Listing them only serves to confuse someone who by the sound of it is already confused.

i just thought he might have been interested in an alternative route.