Pratnav

My wife got me this for christmas

ebay.co.uk/itm/230896671376? … 1497.l2649

any good?, anyone else have one?

I know most of the routes i cover but there be days i will driving for a while to get to a location i don’t know.

They seem to sell enough of them Mickey , cant be to bad, I prefer Tomtom 520 with ripped truck maps :wink: HTH.

:smiley: I cannot see my wife paying that though the tight sod

mickyblue:
:smiley: I cannot see my wife paying that though the tight sod

You ungrateful twerp Mickey :laughing:

To be honest going the ripped route is cheap , SH Tomtom £50 , half hour playing on computer and a sausage

roll later the jobs a good un . :wink: HTH.

Looks very, very similar to the one I use which also came from ebay. No problems with it, except for some of the weight limits, for example, it thinks that the whole of the Dartford Tunnel is 7.5t, rather than just one lane, so will always try to route you through London. It also knows about the London overnight weight limits, but thinks they are 24 hour, so will send you some funny routes there. Other than that though, it works fine, you just need to know it’s limitations. I’ve had no problems with height limits on it. It’s also a good size for viewing when stuck to a lorry windscreen - wouldn’t want to use it in a car though!

Gary

Cheers for that.

Yeah it is rather big for a car window. I don’t heavily rely on a sat nav and use my head when i need to but it’s handy to have. I am using a sat nav which i brought for £300 in 2004. It’s has very out of date maps on it like for example. Heading north on the A1 from Peterborough, it thinks it has round abouts when there isn’t any :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Easter-Star:
I prefer Tomtom 520 with ripped truck maps :wink: HTH.

TT GO630 with ripped TT Work. (Truck.)

I do it for friends with similar models as it’s so easy to do.

Ken.

scaniason:
Looks very, very similar to the one I use which also came from ebay. No problems with it, except for some of the weight limits, for example, it thinks that the whole of the Dartford Tunnel is 7.5t, rather than just one lane, so will always try to route you through London. It also knows about the London overnight weight limits, but thinks they are 24 hour, so will send you some funny routes there. Other than that though, it works fine, you just need to know it’s limitations. I’ve had no problems with height limits on it. It’s also a good size for viewing when stuck to a lorry windscreen - wouldn’t want to use it in a car though!

Gary

Sounds the same as the tomtom though tbh, map corrections fixed the dartford one though

Quinny:

Easter-Star:
I prefer Tomtom 520 with ripped truck maps :wink: HTH.

TT GO630 with ripped TT Work. (Truck.)

I do it for friends with similar models as it’s so easy to do.

Ken.

Piece of cake aint it , i got the latest 900 set Truck maps at moment , seem to have finally sorted their Dartford Brige problem N/B with this one as well !

Pile of ■■■,you only get what you pay for,can,t beat my snooper,pricey but spot on,have a nice day. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bobbya:
Pile of ■■■,you only get what you pay for,can,t beat my snooper,pricey but spot on,have a nice day. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I had a Snooper Truckmate and this beats it hands down. Snooper is overpriced ■■■■■ IMO.

Maps are clear, guidance is good, gets a bit confused with weight limits but it hasn’t steered me wrong in all the time I’ve had it.

Bacon Sandwich:

bobbya:

I had a Snooper Truckmate and this beats it hands down. Snooper is overpriced [zb] IMO.

Maps are clear, guidance is good, gets a bit confused with weight limits but it hasn’t steered me wrong in all the time I’ve had it.

Nor has my snooper and the free view tv comes in very handy saves me dragging a tv about with me :smiley: :smiley:

bobbya:
can,t beat my snooper,pricey but spot on,have a nice day. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Snooper is that good, that it thinks the bridge at Pontefract racecourse (J31 M62.) is under 16’6" according to a mate of mine, who was delivering into Pontefract with a double deck, and it routed him off the M62 at J30, and into Pontefract via Normanton.

When I told him that the bridge is unmarked, he didn’t believe me, until going under it later and then ringing me to tell me I was right.

Very overpriced considering it has faults.

All sat navs have faults, but they should be treated with caution.

Ken.

Quinny:

bobbya:
can,t beat my snooper,pricey but spot on,have a nice day. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Snooper is that good, that it thinks the bridge at Pontefract racecourse (J31 M62.) is under 16’6" according to a mate of mine, who was delivering into Pontefract with a double deck, and it routed him off the M62 at J30, and into Pontefract via Normanton.

When I told him that the bridge is unmarked, he didn’t believe me, until going under it later and then ringing me to tell me I was right.

Very overpriced considering it has faults.

All sat navs have faults, but theynshould be treated with caution.

Ken.

Correct :smiley:

Easter-Star:
i got the latest 900 set Truck maps at moment , seem to have finally sorted their Dartford Brige problem N/B with this one as well !

With Navcore 8.398, and the very good PGPSW speed cameras.

Ken.

Quinny:

Easter-Star:
i got the latest 900 set Truck maps at moment , seem to have finally sorted their Dartford Brige problem N/B with this one as well !

Ken.

I dont like those speed cameras I use ripped tomtom ones they work pretty good , easy to activate with the right tools :wink:

if i was you mate
i would ask her for socks and underpants next christmas

mickyblue:
My wife got me this for christmas

ebay.co.uk/itm/230896671376? … 1497.l2649

any good?, anyone else have one?

I know most of the routes i cover but there be days i will driving for a while to get to a location i don’t know.

my mrs got me the same one, i nearly threw it out of the cab yesterday it was doing my head in.took a bit of time to get settings right and it seems ok now :smiley: .

Hiya…i just run down France and into Spain for a couple of months in my motorhome.
i have a tom tom just to find aires(free camping sites). we come to a new bit of road.
this seemed to be a major road ending but had very recently been opened up into a dual carridgeway. well this tom tom was going MAD it was turn left, go left at the exit, then
went quiet for about 2 mins then said turn around. i knew roughley i had 10 miles to the campsite so just waited. i was peeing myself at the mess the majic box was in.
have a good new year lads.
John

Easter-Star:

Quinny:

Easter-Star:

Ken.

I dont like those speed cameras I use ripped tomtom ones they work pretty good , easy to activate with the right tools :wink:

+1, the tomtom ones just seem to work right, where as the PGPSW ones are just a POI and can be a bit daft

I’ve not put the 900 map on yet, still running the 895 map, might have to do an update whilst sat on my arse this xmas :grimacing: