Poundworld Normanton

This driving job at poundworld must be the worst driving job I have had.The pay rates are poor £8.75PH on a rota 4 shifts a week and after 40 hours you go on to overtime rate but you will be lucky to get much overtime .After working there two years they only download my tacho card 3times so you don’t get hardly any infringement .If you have just passed your class 1 and want so were to practice this place would be a easy place to get a job as they are desperate for drivers as 12 walked in the space of two weeks .

Blimey. Thread resurrection time.

So how can they account for the missing mileages then?

Ken.

I used to deliver there, and their previous place.

They were badly organised.

I don’t know what they’re like to work for.

I did a job for them last night. I spoke to a driver who claimed he was the assistant transport manager and he said they set on 2 new guys last week. Then said you have no chance as you are here for an agency! Returned to the yard 2am and spoke to one of the other drivers asking him if they set on newbies as I am doing my class one week after next. He said they set anyone here mate as it is terrible to work for, 6 drivers walked in the past 2 weeks! :blush:

alder:
I did a job for them last night. I spoke to a driver who claimed he was the assistant transport manager and he said they set on 2 new guys last week. Then said you have no chance as you are here for an agency! Returned to the yard 2am and spoke to one of the other drivers asking him if they set on newbies as I am doing my class one week after next. He said they set anyone here mate as it is terrible to work for, 6 drivers walked in the past 2 weeks! :blush:

Are the Drivers expecting more than a £ , what a World we are living in :unamused:

worked in here last week for the agency on class 2! the work can be hard, alot of narrow streets and pumptruck/tail lift unloading, but TBH they only expected 2-3 runs. and everything seemed ok!

id have a go at a job there meself, but its 1 hour from home… so touching a bit far!

B…

Bungle666:
worked in here last week for the agency on class 2! the work can be hard, alot of narrow streets and pumptruck/tail lift unloading, but TBH they only expected 2-3 runs. and everything seemed ok!

id have a go at a job there meself, but its 1 hour from home… so touching a bit far!

B…

Hi mate, I only did the one job down to poundworld maidenhead. Was told the truck would be unloaded on a bay by staff. The bay turned out ot be the back of the shop across a blocked off car park and this one guy and I had to unload 10 pallets with our pallet trucks and wheel them to the shop. I am not moaning as I did not mind the work but I heard some bad stories about the way drivers are treat there. maybe one or two are on here and can put the record straight? Thing is I am doing my class 1 next week and would start anywhere to get on the first rung of the class 1 ladder.

Does anyone know what the law is on load restraints as the curtainsider here doesn’t have any.

PURELAZY2013:
Does anyone know what the law is on load restraints as the curtainsider here doesn’t have any.

Your load has to be secured depending on what the load is and whether you have a load bearing curtain.

Any more up to date info here.

Our firm has had 2 drivers leave to go there and reckon its the best thing going.

jessicas dad:

Our firm has had 2 drivers leave to go there and reckon its the best thing going.

Yes I was looking at this the other day but iv heard very conflicting reports

Quinny:

Ken.

Part deux.

Ken.

Quinny:

Quinny:

Ken.

Part deux.

Ken.

I used the search button. :wink:

jessicas dad:

Jobs going at your place JD?

Jack-knife:

jessicas dad:

Yes there is. Doing what I don’t know.

jessicas dad:

Jack-knife:

jessicas dad:

Yes there is. Doing what I don’t know.

Where are you now JD?

Pound world are advertising today on job centre website,
Any 4 day shifts over 7days or any 4 shifts Monday to Friday with shift start time 1500hr…

PURELAZY2013:
This driving job at poundworld must be the worst driving job I have had.The pay rates are poor £8.75PH on a rota 4 shifts a week and after 40 hours you go on to overtime rate but you will be lucky to get much overtime .After working there two years they only download my tacho card 3times so you don’t get hardly any infringement .If you have just passed your class 1 and want so were to practice this place would be a easy place to get a job as they are desperate for drivers as 12 walked in the space of two weeks .

Pay Rate of £8.75 ■■? The Pay is £8.50 days and £9.50 Afternoons …
Its also your responsibility to down load your card as well as the companys …

BaldnMoody:
Its also your responsibility to down load your card as well as the companys …

Nope. It’s only a drivers responsibility to make their card available to download.