Possibly a Driver Shortage?

I just called an agency to ask them about the situation, as I do not want to do the two modules remaining of my DCPC if there is no chance of a drive, I also told them I am barred from Morrisons and that I left my last little part time number because of a personality clash with the bosses son.
I also called them out on the hourly rate they have advertised and asked them if that was just a carrot to get drivers in, as if it was I am not going to be happy wasting my time.
I am meeting them tomorrow :open_mouth:

I have to say that when I was a manager I would have not responded to a call like I have just made…So there may be a shortage after all!!

I am getting withdrawal, not having a drive for nearly 3 weeks is starting to show :laughing:

Not being funny but from what you say I don’t think I would be clambering for your services.

att:
I just called an agency to ask them about the situation, as I do not want to do the two modules remaining of my DCPC if there is no chance of a drive, I also told them I am barred from Morrisons and that I left my last little part time number because of a personality clash with the bosses son.
I also called them out on the hourly rate they have advertised and asked them if that was just a carrot to get drivers in, as if it was I am not going to be happy wasting my time.
I am meeting them tomorrow :open_mouth:

I have to say that when I was a manager I would have not responded to a call like I have just made…So there may be a shortage after all!!

I am getting withdrawal, not having a drive for nearly 3 weeks is starting to show :laughing:

No it’s just agencies being agencies. They’ll use any old thick ■■■■■ as your post proves. :laughing:

midlifetrucker:
Not being funny but from what you say I don’t think I would be clambering for your services.

That is a part of my point!

I dont moan, I dont whine, I do as many hours as it requires, I don`t damage equipment and I am polite, honest at all times…Until someone treats me like a dog or worse, they then get it back X10 and if they are not psychologically traumatised I have failed :wink:

I can be as nice as I can be nasty, I prefer to be nice, as life is much more rewarding and I also like to help people and will do a drive at a moments notice if required and I am in a position to do so.

I say it how I see it…I am not always right, but more often than not :wink:

att:
…So there may be a shortage after all!!

There isn’t, hasn’t & never will be a shortage:!::!:
commercialmotor.com/latest-n … n-the-rise

We have lists of o/t shifts available and no one to do them ,be it company drivers or agency.
I’m not sure that shows there’s a driver shortage or a shortage of drivers who want to drive for us :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There’s been a shortage of drivers for ages, but not necessarily a shortage of licence holders… :smiling_imp:

Juddian:
There’s been a shortage of drivers for ages, but not necessarily a shortage of licence holders… :smiling_imp:

yes JUDDIAN :sunglasses: since 1989 :grimacing:

Yep unless you drove a foden triple double splitter that ran on coal your just not a driver.infact unless you wear overalls go work coverd in oil and egg yoke your just a “screw driver”

Yes there is a driver shortage! Has been for a while. But who is taking advantage? Probably not you if your in full time employment. That said I do know of one company offering financial incentives for overtime shifts until they find 30 new drivers.
Driver shortage at this point has nothing to do with dcpc. Its to do with too few drivers coming in to the industry and the economy being on the up.
Maybe I have noticed a slight increase in pay within agency ads. but as an agency driver myself I constantly having offers of work at inflated rates. I am loyal to one company but many who swap and change are getting stupid rates. To me its begining to get interesting?
We will see

I thought the beauty of being a agency driver was you choosed when to work, and how much you got paid?
Since when do agency’s dictate how a self employed driver runs his/her life?

Disclaimer for Moaster " I may or may not made a spelling mistake in the above post"

chester:
I thought the beauty of being a agency driver was you choosed when to work, and how much you got paid?

Since the majority of s/e drivers roll over and let themselves be dictated to. I had an agency I contract to inform me “you work for us so as we pay you, so you’ll do what we say” or words to that effect. They didn’t like the reply they got back, nor me telling them that I was no longer available to do the fiddly job for their main client that they can’t get anyone else to do right. Next day the begging and excuses started… :unamused:

Drivers Shortate can be just in some companies-hiab,muffets,tipped.Because now drivers like just drive truck from A TO B.to many agency have one problem-now to many drivers jump from agency to agency with out serius reason.agency not easy found good flexibly drivers who understand who agency -it is not full time job.somebody must do job for short notice and and.and every years to many new passed drivers will come to this game.because money still not bad.clean,easy job(yes sometime can be bad day,same any job)

chester:

Disclaimer for Moaster " I may or may not made a spelling mistake in the above post"

Ha ha. ‘Moaster Check’ TNUK’s own spell checker.

Andrejs:
muffets

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

chester:

Relax Chester, it’s a service I offer only to you. That’s because I don’t like you. Hope that clarifies things.

:laughing:

the maoster:

chester:

Relax Chester, it’s a service I offer only to you. That’s because I don’t like you. Hope that clarifies things.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

midlifetrucker:

I would as he probly knows what he’s worth.

CANUTES PURFLEET have resorted to placing a large well made advertising banner on their headquarters class 1 needed training given. Powder hi ab and general :open_mouth:

Left hand down!:

Andrejs:
muffets

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

“Muffet” is the surname of a sports-car driving son of a gaffer from “Carry On Loving”.
“Moffet” is a fork truck on your arse like “Palfinger”
“Palfinger” doesn’t paint your girlfriend with gold paint - it just allows self-tipping in fields.
“Donald Moffat” is an actor famous for bushy eyebrows, and playing a robot in the TV series “Logan’s Run”.
“Moffat” is a town in Scotland.

Andrejs - I love the way you talk. Keep on posting there y’hear! :smiley: