Possible truck driver fatality A34 Newbury

Northbound A34 closed at Tothill, overturned container lorry, just heard driver has passed on.Very sad.

A34 Burghclere, both ways between B4640 and A4 Bath Road
A34 Hampshire - A34 closed and queueing traffic in both directions between Tot Hill Services in Burghclere and the A4 Bath Road junction in Bagnor, because of an overturned lorry and recovery work. Diversion in operation - through Newbury. Congestion on Northbound to the Litchfield junction and on Southbound to the A339 junction.
Severe - 4 minutes ago

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-26711364

RIP Driver.

edited since the press have posted pictures with truck reg etc

RIP to the driver and heart felt condolences to the family and friends …

Jeez. How many has that been this past year?
The cameras seem to be switched off north of the accident zone as well… Hope that doesn’t mean there’s been another follow-up accident like the M4 Slough yesterday…

RIP Driver.

RIP driver, very sad news :frowning:

R.I.P drive

Rest easy driver, and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

I notice the press are indicating a Collision but not saying what with ■■

R.I.P Drive and condolences to the family. Too bloody many

Looking at a couple of photos from TVP, there is a car transporter behind the container lorry in one but no apparent damage to cab in another…and no, I’m not doing a TNUKCSI thing. RIP drive, another one lost

Actrosman:
Looking at a couple of photos from TVP, there is a car transporter behind the container lorry in one but no apparent damage to cab in another…and no, I’m not doing a TNUKCSI thing. RIP drive, another one lost

Obv from not long after it happened, the later pics show the carriageway cleared. Straight bit of road too :confused:

Deer are quite common along that stretch

RIP. Thoughts are with all involved.
The Highways get slated for closing roads for no reason. Why have Thames Valley Police closed the opposite c/way for recovery. I just showed photos to a recovery operator who stated that the truck could easily be recovered from the same c/way, so why close the A34 in both directions for no reason?

nickyboy:

Actrosman:

Obv from not long after it happened, the later pics show the carriageway cleared. Straight bit of road too :confused:

Deer are quite common along that stretch

Same as M6 j10…been 1 per day lately, 1 being fatal where a car ran into the back of an artic

RIP Drive :cry:

RIP DRIVER

extrucker:
RIP. Thoughts are with all involved.
The Highways get slated for closing roads for no reason. Why have Thames Valley Police closed the opposite c/way for recovery. I just showed photos to a recovery operator who stated that the truck could easily be recovered from the same c/way, so why close the A34 in both directions for no reason?

Because you can be sure a large amount of ■■■■■ will rubber neck and be taking pictures rather than driving as they should be :unamused:

RIP drive. Sad loss. Condolences to the family

Fair point Nick2008

RIP buddy. Condolences to all that knew him.

Bar the armed forces, is there any other profession that stands less of a chance of getting home from work?

RIP Driver condolences to family