Possible photos for chapters

hello.i,m looking for photos for a book.i need some random interesting photos of anything to do with trucking.bizzare,funny,roads etc etc. to spread out throughout book.also doing a chapter on how to operate various vehicles.need full vehicle, open rear of double deck.loaded unloaded.barred up load.tanker,full vehicle, operating levers etc,hoses,compartments.if any one can help it would be appreciated.need to be reasonably high res for printing.happy to send free book as a thankyou…

Why don’t you get somebody to do your research, somebody to collate your illustrations, and get somebody else to write your book. Your publisher will take care of printing and distribution. Then all you need to do is sit back and watch the money roll in.

You are making money off this book I presume, so you should pay for the photos within it.

Here is an idea of the sort of costs involved. I base my photography prices on Alamy or Getty’s royalty free rate.

gettyimages.co.uk/license/568542773

jellymantrucker:
hello.i,m looking for photos for a book.i need some random interesting photos of anything to do with trucking.bizzare,funny,roads etc etc. to spread out throughout book.also doing a chapter on how to operate various vehicles.need full vehicle, open rear of double deck.loaded unloaded.barred up load.tanker,full vehicle, operating levers etc,hoses,compartments.if any one can help it would be appreciated.need to be reasonably high res for printing.happy to send free book as a thankyou…

Wish I could help you,please don’t look for any help on this forum you will be sadly disappointed,too many cynical bitter twisted old gits,good luck to you,I remember when people used to help each other ,shame those days are gone.

bobbya:

jellymantrucker:

Wish I could help you,please don’t look for any help on this forum you will be sadly disappointed,too many cynical bitter twisted old gits,good luck to you,I remember when people used to help each other ,shame those days are gone.

I’m sure your boss would love you to “help him out”, by “just running these few pallets up the road”, without payment…

Anybody sent ■■■■ pics yet…

Dipper_Dave:

I would, but I don’t have a wide angle lens on this phone.

109LWB:
You are making money off this book I presume, so you should pay for the photos within it.

Here is an idea of the sort of costs involved. I base my photography prices on Alamy or Getty’s royalty free rate.

That’s not cheap, crikey! No wonder this fella is trying to get images for free.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

IronEddie:

109LWB:

That’s not cheap, crikey! No wonder this fella is trying to get images for free.

Photographers need to pay rent, eat, and pay tax just like truckers.

I wonder if photographers are on a website, laughing, and taking the ■■■■ out of drivers, and other workers, for expecting to get paid for their work…

the nodding donkey:

Dipper_Dave:

I would, but I don’t have a wide angle lens on this phone.

I’ll accept just the tip.

the nodding donkey:

IronEddie:

109LWB:

I wonder if photographers are on a website, laughing, and taking the ■■■■ out of drivers, and other workers, for expecting to get paid for their work…

Being a photographer, I can attest that gear isn’t cheap, insurance isn’t cheap, editing takes time and it is highly annoying when people think that taking photos is “easy” and shouldn’t be paid for.

If you want a book to be filled with iPhone pictures then it’s not a book I would be interested in.
If you want a book that is genuinely well put together, then spend a little bit of money and get some proper photos taken, it will make a huge difference.

(Also bear in mind Getty take 50%-70% of that price, sometimes more depending on the terms ) I’ve sold over £3k of photos on Getty, I’ve actually received around £600.

109LWB:

the nodding donkey:

IronEddie:

109LWB:

Being a photographer, I can attest that gear isn’t cheap, insurance isn’t cheap, editing takes time and it is highly annoying when people think that taking photos is “easy” and shouldn’t be paid for.

If you want a book to be filled with iPhone pictures then it’s not a book I would be interested in.
If you want a book that is genuinely well put together, then spend a little bit of money and get some proper photos taken, it will make a huge difference.

(Also bear in mind Getty take 50%-70% of that price, sometimes more depending on the terms ) I’ve sold over £3k of photos on Getty, I’ve actually received around £600.

I dabble in amateur photography myself so yes I’m aware of some of the costs, fainted at the price of some lenses!

I’m not saying the price isn’t worth it, just didn’t realise one image could be worth that.

job done

couple

Pat. Bit of a difference there comparing the yank stuff to the F7 :smiley:

jellymantrucker:

I tried… I realy did…

So you’re writing a book. I presume it will be a picture book, with very short captions. Because if your post is indicative of your writing skills, my earlier advice regarding someone else writing it for you, is the key to your success.