Poole to bristol

sayersy:

Dafman:
Here we go again another thick driver, buy a map.

A driver that admits he’s thick…a rare thing indeed.

:grimacing:

Is that the best you can do

Dafman:

Tw*t ! If the idea of a network that is primarily set up to help “thick” drivers in all aspects of the job,which includes routes to avoid or use upsets you perhaps you’d be better ignoring the posts that ask for advice rather than lambasting them,I would rather seek advice from someone who’d had experience sooner than waste sometimes valuable time on poor roads!

Perhaps the op ment 19 for a 10/13 ,he probably knows which way he’d choose but you never know a post like this May reveal that there’s road works or other hold ups on the obvious route ,so he’s not thick .

This forum makes me ■■■■ myself.
A guy asks a simple and seemingly innocent question and it still kicks off!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I bet some people here could have a fight in an empty room. :laughing:

Truck Net UK -as easy going as a bar full of ■■■■■■ up squaddies! :grimacing:

Gembo:
This forum makes me ■■■■ myself.
A guy asks a simple and seemingly innocent question and it still kicks off!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I bet some people here could have a fight in an empty room. :laughing:

Truck Net UK -as easy going as a bar full of ■■■■■■ up squaddies! :grimacing:

True! If you’re going to take the trouble to type anything then help. Otherwise ignore it! How hard can it be? :unamused:

Do not use A350. It is still suitable route for lgv, however, it is not comfortable to drive, not fuel efficient and it might take more time to get to Filton than getting on M5.

gickniff:

Dafman:

Tw*t ! If the idea of a network that is primarily set up to help “thick” drivers in all aspects of the job,which includes routes to avoid or use upsets you perhaps you’d be better ignoring the posts that ask for advice rather than lambasting them,I would rather seek advice from someone who’d had experience sooner than waste sometimes valuable time on poor roads!

It doesn’t upset me at all, it’s all the time on here, how do I get from a to b, how the hell are they going to learn how to get anywhere if you dont do it on your own, you learn my your own mistakes. Drivers seem to be stuffed nowadays the second they get off a motorway. And also you are a very rude man using language like that.

Dafman:

gickniff:

Dafman:

It doesn’t upset me at all, it’s all the time on here, how do I get from a to b, how the hell are they going to learn how to get anywhere if you dont do it on your own, you learn my your own mistakes. Drivers seem to be stuffed nowadays the second they get off a motorway. And also you are a very rude man using language like that.

Did you NEVER ask for directions? From a colleague, or the local postman? Maybe just a guy walking his dog? What’s the difference between asking the guy in the street, and asking on here?

sayersy:

Dafman:

gickniff:

Dafman:

Did you NEVER ask for directions? From a colleague, or the local postman? Maybe just a guy walking his dog? What’s the difference between asking the guy in the street, and asking on here?

That’s easy to answer.
On here, one can sit safely behind a keyboard in the comfort of your home and slag someone to ■■■■ without reprisal, if that’s what some people get off on. :unamused: :unamused:
If you ask directions on the street or someone ask’s you for directions and then tell the guy he’s a thick twunt for asking your more than likely get a hiding :laughing:

Gembo:

sayersy:

Dafman:

gickniff:

Dafman:

That’s easy to answer.
On here, one can sit safely behind a keyboard in the comfort of your home and slag someone to [zb] without reprisal, if that’s what some people get off on. :unamused: :unamused:
If you ask directions on the street or someone ask’s you for directions and then tell the guy he’s a thick twunt for asking your more than likely get a hiding :laughing:

If you ask someone off the street it means you have actually got to the town your aiming for under your initiative, asking someone else at work is the sensible thing to do, the correct way is the A350 but then some people tell him it’s not so he hasn’t really been given an answer. And as for me calling people a Twunk or a T*at I wouldn’t be so rude .

Dafman:

Gembo:

sayersy:

Dafman:

gickniff:

Dafman:

That’s easy to answer.
On here, one can sit safely behind a keyboard in the comfort of your home and slag someone to [zb] without reprisal, if that’s what some people get off on. :unamused: :unamused:

If you ask someone off the street it means you have actually got to the town your aiming for under your initiative, asking someone else at work is the sensible thing to do, the correct way is the A350 but then some people tell him it’s not so he hasn’t really been given an answer. And as for me calling people a Twunk or a T*at I wouldn’t be so rude .

Yet you’re rude enough to call the OP thick…simply because he did something you didn’t approve of, but that most people would find perfectly reasonable.

Dafman:

Gembo:

sayersy:

Dafman:

gickniff:

Dafman:

That’s easy to answer.

He was asking the “best way” not "how do I " there’s a difference because maybe he’s not familiar with the route or area and to be fair there were several options open to the OP.

Oh ■■■■ you got me there Bald Bloke how two faced of me.

Work out of Blandford for a haulage company Volvo 460 like many have said avoid the a350 if you can, not the greatest of drives to get to Bristol 2 suggestions use the 350 (the decent bit heading towards Shaftesbury)turn left at the lights heading towards Sherborne its a B road but a good one at Sherborne follow to Yeovil then use either the a303 or a37.

Henk:
Most direct route is the A350, not as bad as they make out, some great views. Our advised route used to be Ringwood to Salisbury then A36 to Bath then A4 or M4. Bridge at Wilton is 14 Ft.
Dorchester to Yeovil to Taunton seems a long way round.

Most direct route isn’t always the best; Bridge at Wilton is signed at 14ft, but i’ve been through it on many nights with a 14-2 no problem

I’d go A350 all day long as long as you’ll go under at Wilton but then I always did the job because I like driving lorries. One trailer I pull always sets the lights off there but luckily I knew it went under before they installed them.

If you ever want to get anywhere in Bristol, Filton, Avonmouth wherever, from that side, it is always quicker to go junction 18 M4 then M5 never go Bath - Bristol or ideally get on the M4 avoiding Bath altogether. VOSA checkpoint at 18 though often just pull any random truck passing in early-ish morning.

if you have a choice and need (want) advice
the clever thing is to ask
only a fool wouldnt

hitch:
if you have a choice and need (want) advice
the clever thing is to ask
only a fool wouldnt

Trouble is you ask what’s the best way to get from A to B and there’s always one smart arse who says look at your map or buy a map. The driver then gets an idea of the routes to avoid plus might have suggestions for places to eat en-route

Been driving 25+ years, and would also avoid the 350. It’s not unsuitable, but easier and more fuel-efficient going the “long” way around. I’ve done both over the years, and that is my advice. The OP can take this advice, or ignore it. But PLEASE, if there are any keyboard warriors who want to argue about it - don’t bother…