Pollock

Anyone know what this company is like to work for and may the pay rate?

Seen them up and down the road and motors look good.

Thanks

Plenty of threads on here about them and none of them are good reading. Try and find the thread where Scott Pollock himself came on and threanted us all with legal action will give you a good giggle.

Motors looking good seems to be the only thing they have going for them…Going by posts on here…

Was talking to one of there drivers at the birtley site at durham one day last week and he wasn’t a happy bunny about the wages

Top range motors, bottom range cash/all fur coat and no knickers (allegedly… in case Mr Bollock is reading this :smiley: )
That seems to be the common opinion mate, but why not ring them and find out for sure.

Thanks guys, mite give them a ring see for my self. :sunglasses:

daftvader:
Motors looking good seems to be the only thing they have going for them…Going by posts on here…

Looked better when they were all Scanias, and thats the only good comment i can make.

Even agencies cant get a decent rate from them so the one I work for only send in their ‘mistakes’ and wont even ask their better drivers to work there. I blacklisted them years ago

Iain1982:
Anyone know what this company is like to work for and may the pay rate?

Seen them up and down the road and motors look good.

Thanks

Dont dont do it drivers are not happy.You might get a new truck every 2-3 years but wages are shocking.I speak to the drivers at tesco livingstone and it makes it a grim wait in there with what they say.

I had a pollock or two.

Dr slipped a camera up the back end then they removed them then place a tattoo incase they reappear.

Not the best experience much like the reviews of a certain transport company apparently.

:grimacing:

How come firms such as this lot can provide their drivers with the most expensive version of the type of truck on the market, with all the crap fitted, and a premium paint job, thus displaying to all they are far from short of cash, or scared of splashing out rather than economising, and then go on to treat their drivers with a cynical attitude towards wages to the extent of earning a nationwide reputation, is it just simple old fashioned greed or what.

robroy:
How come firms such as this lot can provide their drivers with the most expensive version of the type of truck on the market, with all the crap fitted, and a premium paint job, thus displaying to all they are far from short of cash, or scared of splashing out rather than economising, and then go on to treat their drivers with a cynical attitude towards wages to the extent of earning a nationwide reputation, is it just simple old fashioned greed or what.

Cause they are something beginning with C and ending with TS and it ain’t CATS!!![emoji6]

robroy:

Well its probably the fact they pay such ■■■■ wages that they can afford to pay top dollar for new trucks every couple of years . Imo working for firms just because they use brand new trucks is just plain stupid it aint gonna pay the mortgage that’s for sure

Turn n Burn:

robroy:

Well its probably the fact they pay such [zb] wages that they can afford to pay top dollar for new trucks every couple of years . Imo working for firms just because they use brand new trucks is just plain stupid it aint gonna pay the mortgage that’s for sure

Mate…I fully realise that and entirely agree with you, I was being rhetorical, not condoning it.

robroy:

Turn n Burn:

robroy:

Well its probably the fact they pay such [zb] wages that they can afford to pay top dollar for new trucks every couple of years . Imo working for firms just because they use brand new trucks is just plain stupid it aint gonna pay the mortgage that’s for sure

Mate…I fully realise that and entirely agree with you, I was being rhetorical, not condoning it.

While some of there truck do look well and a few are all done up the majority seem to be fleet trucks in pollock livery…
Iv heard too many stories about them so don’t think I’d be applying anytime soon.

robroy:

Because they will attract what I call The Glory Boys. All they want is a Scania with a fancy paint job, big engine and a ■■■■ load of lights and bling all over. Couldn’t give a toss about the wages as long as they’re in a blinged up Scania they’re ‘Living the dream!’ ■■■■■■■ idiots.

The problem this firm has is like a lot of others today,lack of profit, turnover up from 21m to 27m but profits down from 400k to 246k,there is a lot of work involved in generating sales of that amount for very little return.

merc0447:
Try and find the thread where Scott Pollock himself came on and threanted us all with legal action will give you a good giggle.

I could do with a laugh link anyone??

robroy:

Turn n Burn:

robroy:

Mate…I fully realise that and entirely agree with you, I was being rhetorical, not condoning it.[/
quote] I know your not condoning it m8

xfmatt:

robroy:

Because they will attract what I call The Glory Boys. All they want is a Scania with a fancy paint job, big engine and a [zb] load of lights and bling all over. Couldn’t give a toss about the wages as long as they’re in a blinged up Scania they’re ‘Living the dream!’ [zb] idiots.

Unfortunately there’s still a lot of these people about, all flash no cash companies have always for some unfathomable reason been able to plant a bum on every seat, i’ve never understood it and never will.