Pollock scottrans

Now then anybody know what pollock scottrans are like to work for
Cheers in advance.!!!

Five letter word fits the bill: Begins with S and ends in E.

No personal experience, but the their reputation is terrible. I freely admit this is rumour, but several people have told me the tale of a driver that was refused permission to attend his father’s funeral as he had no holidays left. He naturally went anyway, and was dismissed. Anyone know if there’s any truth in it?

Dirty rotten bastarts.

sayersy:
No personal experience, but the their reputation is terrible. I freely admit this is rumour, but several people have told me the tale of a driver that was refused permission to attend his father’s funeral as he had no holidays left. He naturally went anyway, and was dismissed. Anyone know if there’s any truth in it?

Wasn’t his father it was his brother, it went to court and he won!

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … ing-driver

Cheers merc been trying to upload that from CM .
Never want to give holiday always to busy so drivers leave big turn a round ,not had dealings one to one but speak to and get told things that are unbelievable from there drivers.

What a set of wainkers! Family come before any job. Sound like a right bunch of tossers :unamused:

don’t think he will be applying then…

Think a lot of these large firms work the same,they don’t care about your life outside work and think they own you.

Cheers fellows

Thought it too good sent them cv by email 2 mins the phone rang did I want to start Monday tramping 7.50 ph 10.00 Sunday pleased I never went keep taking the tablets and keep looking onwards and upwards eh

They are desperate mate, they won a massive contract in June and it’s far too big for them to handle driver wise. They can throw all the fleet they want at it but without bums on seats they are gona struggle.

You’re probably thinking give drivers a decent wage and maybe they might get bums on seats well they can’t because they where the cheapest tender to this contract by a country mile that no drivers will be getting a payrise for a long time in order to try and keep the contract!

Last time the pollock boss came on here and threatened us all with solicitors it was hilarious! If it’s in Bathgate you’re looking for work there is a hella eh lot better employers out there.

merc0447:

sayersy:

Wasn’t his father it was his brother, it went to court and he won!

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … ing-driver

Dose Scott Pollock still own the company and work in the office
might have to ring him up myself

merc0447:
They are desperate mate, they won a massive contract in June and it’s far too big for them to handle driver wise. They can throw all the fleet they want at it but without bums on seats they are gona struggle.

You’re probably thinking give drivers a decent wage and maybe they might get bums on seats well they can’t because they where the cheapest tender to this contract by a country mile that no drivers will be getting a payrise for a long time in order to try and keep the contract!

Last time the pollock boss came on here and threatened us all with solicitors it was hilarious! If it’s in Bathgate you’re looking for work there is a hella eh lot better employers out there.

+1

I have heard they put their rates up to £9.50 per hour after realising that they cant keep drivers on the old rate

scanny77:
+1

I have heard they put their rates up to £9.50 per hour after realising that they cant keep drivers on the old rate

Where did that come from? If they have, they certainly haven’t filtered that down to the Blackburn drivers.

Not sure about what it’s like north of the border, but I do know that the lads in England at Gilbraiths (who they took over last year) are not happy, the way they are running things is meaning that too many of them are getting close, very close to running out of time, totally unrealistic delivery times, sending them to places you would struggle to get a 7.5t down never mind an artic, the list goes on. A depot full of demoralised drivers on just over £8 an hour is not good.

First I heard it through the grapevine then I heard it from one of their drivers from Bathgate. There have been payrises in this area so it sounds credible generally speaking.

Don’t know about pay rise that’s what he told me last week 7.50/10.00 Sunday I nearly started at haltwhistle Hexham. Last week 15/09/14. Pleased eye never

Cheers lads

Last night in Asda Washington a Pollock driver asked me to recommended somewhere to park for the night. I asked if he was willing to pay, and he just laughed…so I’m guessing they don’t get parking expenses back!

sayersy:
Last night in Asda Washington a Pollock driver asked me to recommended somewhere to park for the night. I asked if he was willing to pay, and he just laughed…so I’m guessing they don’t get parking expenses back!

That may not be a pollocks thing. I get the money back but I wont pay to park in the first place

Recently took a Day driver job with Pollocks running out of Blyth in Northumberland down to Leeds/Wakey/ Ferrybridge area & then return. No problems so far (3 weeks into my 1st Class 1 job), minimal phone contact, flat weekly wage. Just getting on & doing what’s required.

Mark500:
Recently took a Day driver job with Pollocks running out of Blyth in Northumberland down to Leeds/Wakey/ Ferrybridge area & then return. No problems so far (3 weeks into my 1st Class 1 job), minimal phone contact, flat weekly wage. Just getting on & doing what’s required.

I did the nights for them through agency a couple of months ago,opposite the day guy driving R70PSL, port of Blyth to Bathgate, Kirkcaldy & Tullis Russell paper mill at Glenrothes. Job was a doddle & the times I was in the depot they were fine. Only moved on because I got stiffed by the agency, surprise surprise. Don’t use Front Row UK.