Poll: Driver CPC - How many hours periodic have you done?

Just so we’re clear, were are talking only about periodic training that experienced drivers have to take by sept 2014, not the initial DCPC that new drivers have to do.

Did 7 hours in August at companies expense, and got paid for it too :smiley:

None yet.

Coffeeholic:
None yet.

this ^.

I doubt I will be doing any either. I will let my “licence” lapse when it comes into force. Can’t be arsed with cost/hassle for the pittance that drivers get paid these days. [zb] em.

Done 7 hours on the digi tacho on a monday on pay and at company’s expense(£125 per man by the way).

7 hours on general HGV Driver legalities, rubbish course but paid for by the company so it’s all good :wink:

Done 7hrs but have to go next month for another 7, get paid 11hrs for the day and petrol ex’s (course is paid for) and get free lunch, so no objections really except that it is a bit boring.

7 hours on tacho regs and driving hours. Possibly the most boring 7 hours of my life

Got the full 35 gratis…No need to worry 'til 2019 :smiley:

I’ve completed 7 hours on drivers hours and customer care.

none, yet ! company hasn’t mentioned it yet either probably wait untill 2014 ! :unamused:

7 hours on tacho regs and driving hours

paid for by employer

Learnt (or is that learned :stuck_out_tongue: ) nothing

Had to point out at least two mistakes :unamused:

None at all and I don’t intend doing any. I don’t actually use my licence, it is just there as a safety net and with HGV drivers’ work environment having deteriorated the way it has over the last couple of decades, I would sooner bail out back to Canada. While all I had to do was keep my medical up to date it was cost effective to keep it. As I run a business which needs me to attend customers every day to keep the income flowing, taking the DCPC will cost me not just for the training but for the lost working time. As this training will take 5 days even if spread out that is equivalent to nearly £2k in lost turnover. My licence can lapse before I spend that kind of money for training I don’t need. I’ll be an ex HGV driver then. :sunglasses:

none and no mention it

C-Kay:
7 hours on tacho regs and driving hours. Possibly the most boring 7 hours of my life

^^ this :slight_smile:

Next part will be ADR training, so at least I get something back off the gits.

7 hours on rules and regs, all at my own expense.

Rob K:

Coffeeholic:
None yet.

this ^.

I doubt I will be doing any either. I will let my “licence” lapse when it comes into force. Can’t be arsed with cost/hassle for the pittance that drivers get paid these days. [zb] em.

Ditto!

waynedl:

C-Kay:

I’ve got eco driving next :frowning:

C-Kay:

waynedl:

C-Kay:

I’ve got eco driving next :frowning:

Same here,done 7 hours on tacho regs and driving hours,next is Eco driving and how to nail jelly to the ceiling :wink:

They can stuff it :imp:

Tesco shelf filler coming up, £8.17 an hour, no worries, no hassle , home more.

Tesco pay for training :smiley: :smiley: