Polishing dash on new series fh volvo

The new Volvo I have got.has got a textured feel dashboard. And I don’t know what to use in it to to it clean.
Do they just need a wipe with a dry cloth. I’m so used to polishing a dash to an inch if its life to keep it clean and smelling fresh.

On mine the grey coating has started to wear away in the centre of the steering wheel ,what you press for the main horn,a few people are having the same on theirs,it looks shabby and a eyesore ,volvo needs to sort it asap :cry: :cry:

I tend to avoid polish in cabs, makes everything slippery as buggery and shiny, which you don’t really want as it creates too many refelections in the windows when the sun catches them.

Those packs of wet wipes from Lidl/Aldi do a good job of most things, except glass, bring the lorry interior up like proper new, not silicone slippey.

Daughters car had crap wood preserver overspray spots on the body from some twerp using one of those fence panel spraying things the laughing gnome advertised, she reckoned the marks had been on there for months, she tried all sorts, sure enough those good old Lidl wipes even got that off with a bit of elbow grease.

I clean my old fh dash with huggies baby wipes then dry with a microfiber cloth, then I use autosmart satin dash spay,it is less greasy than the silicone based dash sprays.

Why some folk want a greasy shiny dash is beyond me,it’s not shiny when new is it.
Silicone should be used only on outside trim in my view.

seth 70:
On mine the grey coating has started to wear away in the centre of the steering wheel ,what you press for the main horn,a few people are having the same on theirs,it looks shabby and a eyesore ,volvo needs to sort it asap :cry: :cry:

Had the centre of the steering wheel replaced on mine after a couple of months because of this, replacement is now going the same way. Not good.

Fenster:

seth 70:

Had the centre of the steering wheel replaced on mine after a couple of months because of this, replacement is now going the same way. Not good.

Looks horrible dunnit,i first thought id spilt summat but it seems a common fault,recall required im thinking fenster :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

seth 70:

Yeah we had that on ours it’s like a layer of skin being peeled off and i’m sure drivers used to pick at it when driving.

just polish the black smooth bits,the cream bobbly trim will look crap shiney,it dunt have to be knee deep in flashdash to look good,it just attracts dust and hairs[■■■■■] :wink:

SHEDS!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Thats me and you not talking tangoboy again,youve done my ex,now your calling my ride a shed,you have gone lower than a snakes belly :cry: :cry:

Sorry m8,it was newlad who did the ex not you,theres that many whos had a dabble i get confused :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

seth 70:

tango boy:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Thats me and you not talking tangoboy again,youve done my ex,now your calling my ride a shed,you have gone lower than a snakes belly :cry: :cry:

LOL :laughing: :laughing: Emersons have just had one, i like how it’s painted but yet to be convinced with the rest of it, still think a simple branch will fetch the wing mirrors off :open_mouth: :wink: :wink:

tango boy:

seth 70:

tango boy:

LOL :laughing: :laughing: Emersons have just had one, i like how it’s painted but yet to be convinced with the rest of it, still think a simple branch will fetch the wing mirrors off :open_mouth: :wink: :wink:

I went under a trailer friday,when it clunked in the kerb mirror fell off and smash into a million pieces WTF,steering wheel needs sorting though ,it really does my head in looking at it :cry: :cry:

seth 70:

tango boy:

seth 70:

tango boy:

I went under a trailer friday,when it clunked in the kerb mirror fell off and smash into a million pieces WTF,steering wheel needs sorting though ,it really does my head in looking at it :cry: :cry:

I arrest my case :wink: :wink: :wink:

No chemicals as the materials are designed to be odour free.

Looks like a wipe over every day with a dry cloth.
Its a nicer truck to drive.but nowhere near ad well put together than my old 12 plate

tango boy:

seth 70:

tango boy:

seth 70:

tango boy:

I arrest my case :wink: :wink: :wink:

Knob snapped of the inside door handle yesterday aswell,its just got a thin piece of metal now that kills your fingers trying to open it,the things dropping to pieces :cry: :cry:

Them new FH’s you got at Emersons Tango Boy won’t last as long as their F10/12’s they had,talking about polish that was one of Emersons drivers nick names

pete smith:
Them new FH’s you got at Emersons Tango Boy won’t last as long as their F10/12’s they had,talking about polish that was one of Emersons drivers nick names

Emersons only have one and it’s been back to Volvo 3 times with ad blue issue’s.

tango boy:

pete smith:

Emersons only have one and it’s been back to Volvo 3 times with ad blue issue’s.

What was that jondor beagles thing Emersons used to or still have written on cab?