Police white vans M5

As I was slowly plodding up the M5 late morning today about 10 unmarked white police vans dashed past they were refrigerated and had the built in blue lights flashing, also at least 4 unmarked police cars went bombing past again with their lights on and one of these an Audi q7 had a big weird thing on top a bit like some kind of radio transmitter or satellite dish, anybody spot them or think they might know what it’s about as I’m intrigued ■■

bald bloke:
As I was slowly plodding up the M5 late morning today about 10 unmarked white police vans dashed past they were refrigerated and had the built in blue lights flashing, also at least 4 unmarked police cars went bombing past again with their lights on and one of these an Audi q7 had a big weird thing on top a bit like some kind of radio transmitter or satellite dish, anybody spot them or think they might know what it’s about as I’m intrigued ■■

They’re the zombie apocalypse response team.

I’m thinking the vans are for beers and burgers, and the q7 was the entertainment for the BBQ.

el_presidente:

They might well be, it’s just strange to see so many unmarked police refrigerated vans all shooting past.

bald bloke:

el_presidente:

They might well be, it’s just strange to see so many unmarked police refrigerated vans all shooting past.

“refrigerated van” ? do you mean that literally or is it nickname for something else like a ‘black maria’ ?
I don’t think I have ever seen a refrigerated police van - why would they have even one ?

have you been keeping up-to-date with your meds ?

There’s a few vans always parked up at Gatwick airport police station that look like they have refrigeration units on them.
Not sure what their use might be.

Bluey Circles:

bald bloke:

el_presidente:

“refrigerated van” ? do you mean that literally or is it nickname for something else like a ‘black maria’ ?
I don’t think I have ever seen a refrigerated police van - why would they have even one ?

have you been keeping up-to-date with your meds ?

Yes they definitely had the refrigerated unit on top and not sure why they would be needed.

They are for keeping the agency prisoners cool during summer.

Agency workers are known for poor reliability and overheating problems after 10 minutes of continual brain use.

Iceland’s new home delivery service.

Ice Road Coppers.

In reality their carrying carefully selected body parts for secret govt labs.

Or frozen pork.

Or more likely phorensic samples from a recent crimescene.

Dipper_Dave:

I did think that and there is something big going on near Cullompton but this was lots of vans I mean how much forensics do they need !!

bald bloke:

UFO search commando

Tbh I would say the vehicles contain substances that are temperature volatile, i.e explosives of some sort. High end stuff.

Bloke who worked at my old place, Chris once worked at a place in Birmingham that made ammunition for all sizes of guns. Told me the vehicles they used were run of the mill and police presence infront and behind from his yard to the destination. Blues and twos the whole way. This sounds a little similar

Dipper_Dave:

Unlikely. The forensics has all been outsourced.

CMH:
Tbh I would say the vehicles contain substances that are temperature volatile, i.e explosives of some sort. High end stuff.

Bloke who worked at my old place, Chris once worked at a place in Birmingham that made ammunition for all sizes of guns. Told me the vehicles they used were run of the mill and police presence infront and behind from his yard to the destination. Blues and twos the whole way. This sounds a little similar

I’ve never known explosives need refrigeration, though there might be some oddball thing out there that does.

As for ammunition, of any sort getting a police ■■■■■■, that’s a definite no, or at least not in the last 25 years.

Were the blue lights built into the rear light clusters? A few weeks ago I was passed by 4-5 sprinters like that on the m27, no visible ■■■■■■ though.

The fridge unit is nothing more than a retro-fitted air conditioning unit. The vans generally have 6 coppers in the back and are used for PSU / riot situations. 6 coppers in full riot gear generates a lot of heat in the back. I could be wrong though.

I’d very much doubt they were transporting hazardous stuff at high speed. Too much risk.

makie:
Were the blue lights built into the rear light clusters? A few weeks ago I was passed by 4-5 sprinters like that on the m27, no visible ■■■■■■ though.

Yes the lights were built in, there was no ■■■■■■ the unmarked cars were several minutes behind and the vans were in 2 waves of about 5 and they passed me at least 10 minutes apart.

goshow:
The fridge unit is nothing more than a retro-fitted air conditioning unit. The vans generally have 6 coppers in the back and are used for PSU / riot situations. 6 coppers in full riot gear generates a lot of heat in the back. I could be wrong though.

I’d very much doubt they were transporting hazardous stuff at high speed. Too much risk.

Can’t think why on a Thursday morning about 10 vans of riot police would be horsing up the motorway.

goshow:

That is a reasonable explanation, they could be in their for long periods of time all dressed up in heavy protective clothing, helmets on, all ready to rock’n’roll … On a sunny day they would be cooked alive, I doubt a standard air con unit would be up to the job.

1is it a van or mini bus?
2 if it’s Unmarked how does it make it police.
It could be any of the agency’s.