Police white vans M5

bald bloke:

goshow:
The fridge unit is nothing more than a retro-fitted air conditioning unit. The vans generally have 6 coppers in the back and are used for PSU / riot situations. 6 coppers in full riot gear generates a lot of heat in the back. I could be wrong though.

I’d very much doubt they were transporting hazardous stuff at high speed. Too much risk.

Can’t think why on a Thursday morning about 10 vans of riot police would be horsing up the motorway.

Criminals, especially terrorists, work 24/7 365. There’s no specific timescale.

Sorry this doesn’t help answer the question - But we saw the same thing on the M5 on Monday this week.

About mid-afternoon, me and the missus were on the way back from Somerset when a group of unmarked vans & a couple cars went flying past on the other side followed by another group following not far behind. All with the blues lit up.

AKC180:
Sorry this doesn’t help answer the question - But we saw the same thing on the M5 on Monday this week.

About mid-afternoon, me and the missus were on the way back from Somerset when a group of unmarked vans & a couple cars went flying past on the other side followed by another group following not far behind. All with the blues lit up.

Sounds similar.

As ex embalmer I can answer.
They will be dealing with a disaster - most likely rail suicide but you would see the same with a plane crash.
Undertakers or coroner’s no longer deal with these situs, just the police or transport police.
Fridge vans - obvious reasons
Number of officers - 1200 yard search pattern each way
Audi - God only knows but probably officers with nothing else going on.

Could be air con units as there is little room anywhere else on a ■■■■■■

bald bloke:

Dipper_Dave:
Or more likely phorensic samples from a recent crimescene.

I did think that and there is something big going on near Cullompton but this was lots of vans I mean how much forensics do they need !!

Maybe from Fred West’s mates house.

Europa cup footie in Liverpool??

some chemicals that travel under ADR 5.2 are temperature sensative so travel in refrigerated vehicles

mrginge:

bald bloke:

Dipper_Dave:
Or more likely phorensic samples from a recent crimescene.

I did think that and there is something big going on near Cullompton but this was lots of vans I mean how much forensics do they need !!

Maybe from Fred West’s mates house.

Not a bad shout actualy…

Aside from the Zombie apocalypse (was Milla Jojovich seen?) I was going to suggest air con for load…be it self loading freight or otherwise. I know the dog vans have to have air con now, but this sounds too big for a land shark!

The garden at the former home of a ■■■■■■■■■■ couple, who knew serial killers Fred and Rose West, is being excavated by police.

Police are searching for the body of a baby at the property in Bradninch, Devon, the BBC understands.

David Williams was jailed for life in 2015 and his wife Pauline for 12 years for putting 10 girls and boys through ■■■■, ■■■■■■ assault and beatings.

The couple became friends of the Wests in Gloucester in the 1980s.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36200359

lolipop:
Could be air con units as there is little room anywhere else on a ■■■■■■

DD will be along soon to tell you where trannies put their air con’s. :slight_smile:

whisperingsmith:
The garden at the former home of a ■■■■■■■■■■ couple, who knew serial killers Fred and Rose West, is being excavated by police.

Police are searching for the body of a baby at the property in Bradninch, Devon, the BBC understands.

David Williams was jailed for life in 2015 and his wife Pauline for 12 years for putting 10 girls and boys through ■■■■, ■■■■■■ assault and beatings.

The couple became friends of the Wests in Gloucester in the 1980s.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36200359

To be honest I’d think these bodies were beyond the immediate need to be preserved

Probably what was on the roof

geroh.com/en/mast-systems/ro … scanr.html

Yes they definitely had the refrigerated unit on top and not sure why they would be needed.
[/quote]
It’s obvious, it’s to keep the milk from going off while they sit around drinking tea.

could it be blue light training? a mate of mine has done his blue light course and said that they had to follow a police car without loosing it.

just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There were about 10 merc sprinters flying up the hard shoulder on the M5 northbound with blackedout side windows . :sunglasses: :sunglasses: & Audi Q7 grey with TV sat on roof…

FJ13HVN -reg .was one them they ran out of hard shoulder in clevedon.

By the way the traffic jam,was caused by the new convertable caravan club… :open_mouth: (or was it smashed to bits because the driver was speeding)!!! :open_mouth:

maestegboy:
There were about 10 merc sprinters flying up the hard shoulder on the M5 northbound with blackedout side windows . :sunglasses: :sunglasses: & Audi Q7 grey with TV sat on roof…

FJ13HVN -reg .was one them they ran out of hard shoulder in clevedon.

By the way the traffic jam,was caused by the new convertable caravan club… :open_mouth: (or was it smashed to bits because the driver was speeding)!!! :open_mouth:

Bingo that’s them, yes I seen the convertible wobble box still gave me another hour’s overtime :wink:

Andy4929:
Probably what was on the roof

geroh.com/en/mast-systems/ro … scanr.html

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: A member for nearly 6 years and up pops this as a first post :laughing: :laughing: did the nerves really get to you that much? Knowing some reprobates on here though you have my sympathy :wink:

Might be relevant, might not…
But, there’s been a major multi agency exercise on this week, some of the fun & games coming out of RMB Chivenor, N Devon.
Marines, SBS, Chinooks flying around with marine RIB’s slung underneath.
Potential hijack scenarios of a cruise liner off the coast.