Police or lack of them

Where are all the Traffic police, from Accrington to London and back i did not see one, are they all hibernating, i know the goverment have took a lot off traffic duty but why, and when there is one and they pass a car with a puncture and the driver is changing the tyre should they not stop and help them to get them away from danger as quickly as possible, just a thought. :slight_smile:

Given RobK’s current signature at the bottom of his posts they are most likely all lying in wait for him. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

you usually see quite a few between preston and wigan on a night time unless of course

A theres somat decent on tv
B its cold
C theres a crime somewhere then they are automaticlly short staffed/busy
D theres a new ■■■■■ shop in town
E rob k’s on nights :wink:

simon

According to the news, they’re all on the motorway - here :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jules

SimonRS2K:
you usually see quite a few between preston and wigan on a night time unless of course

A theres somat decent on tv
B its cold
C theres a crime somewhere then they are automaticlly short staffed/busy
D theres a new ■■■■■ shop in town
E rob k’s on nights :wink:

simon

F now that a lot of the motorway network in Britain is covered by camera they can see where the problems are and get there when they occur thus saving money by having plod sat on every police parking space on the motorway.
and possibly they rely on GOOD citizens reporting incidents ?.

Where are the traffic cops? Well in the last few years Budgets for traffic divisions has gone from being 15% of the force to around 5%. I believe the drivers training has also been cut. At the same time the amount of spped cameras has risen by many times. So the message is you can drive like a complete arse in an untaxed, unMOTed and uninsured car as long as you don’t break the speed limit.

to busy crashing on the motorway :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6252

jammymutt:
and possibly they rely on GOOD citizens reporting incidents ?.

Ah good to see pc jammy is still on the case :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

simon

muckles:
So the message is you can drive like a complete arse in an untaxed, unMOTed and uninsured car as long as you don’t break the speed limit.

Yes, this is very true… A nice ‘ordinary’ looking and well-kept car or van does the job perfectly… It’s amazing how a little searching on google can easily give you sources for fake tax discs for a very small price too.

£30 MoT +
£400 insurance +
£170 tax

= a big saving per year.

Who can blame the fraudsters for doing it, eh… :question: :exclamation:

Cheers.

Rob K:

muckles:
So the message is you can drive like a complete arse in an untaxed, unMOTed and uninsured car as long as you don’t break the speed limit.

Yes, this is very true… A nice ‘ordinary’ looking and well-kept car or van does the job perfectly… It’s amazing how a little searching on google can easily give you sources for fake tax discs for a very small price too.

£30 MoT +
£400 insurance +
£170 tax

= a big saving per year.

Cheers.

Ooh, sorry, I missed a bit out :

£30 MoT +
£400 insurance +
£170 tax +
£780 approx in diesel nicked from whoever’s truck you happen to be driving that week (over a year at £15/week from the pump)

= a very big saving per year.

:sunglasses:

monday to friday last week i did night trunkin to fradley … apart from the monday when the m1 was shut i honestly and truly never saw one traffic car the whole week… was conciously looking for them, thiniknin to meself where the ■■■■ are they all…they must have good canteens or summit cos they are not on the roads…
that bobby van at the roundabout at derby is still there every night… does that thing ever move?/… :wink:

Rob K:

muckles:
£170 tax

Cheers.

Providing yo get past the DVLa tax cameras.

jammymutt:

Rob K:

muckles:
£170 tax

Cheers.

Providing yo get past the DVLa tax cameras.

Yes, they’re getting harder to avoid, I agree. :grimacing:

Cheers.

that bobby van at the roundabout at derby is still there every night… does that thing ever move?/…

That old R reg ■■■■■■ police car at Donington Services doesent go far either! or the police are having a long wait at Harry Ramsdens :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah i was gonna mention that Jammy…the ANRS vans. (think that’s what they call them: Automatic Number plate Recognition System)

It actually shouts “Yabadaba doo” on the op. system if it spots a vehicle which is/has:

untaxed (AT SWANSEA) fake discs, Guinness labels, whatever do not go thru’ the Swansea system)

Police interest: i.e. stolen, previously used in criminal activity, etc.

Uninsured: yes, we now have a Motor Insurance Database

Coming soon: MOT’s will be computerised & therefor also show up.

they must have a room at the fradley arms hotel on the a38 becuase that ford focus is always prked in the car park :open_mouth:

jon

copied from news story

"At this stage we think the vehicles were involved in some sort of training exercise but we have yet to have that clarified.”

Even their own force doesn’t know what they are up to :open_mouth:

The met police in London dont have a traffic division anymore :open_mouth: they were disbanded and merged with the “normal” police so that Ken Livingstone can say he is dealing with “street crime”. :unamused:

In other words he has put more bobbies on the beat I kid you not :unamused: :frowning: :imp:

I notice that the police compound on Hartshead Moor MSA westbound is now empty and locked up, yet it used to always have a goodly number of police and private vehicles in it.

There are a lot more unmarked police cars around now I believe. I saw a red volvo on the hard shoulder of the m4 between newport and cardiff this week.

Had to be be old bill with blue lights flashing in the front grille.

Wayne.