Police doing another worthwhile job

msgyorkie:
My eldest once bought a car that had a number plate in that funny italic style. I told him to change it as it was illegal but he never did…untill he got a tug of old bill one night giving him 7 days to get it changed…christ did I laugh at the idiot.

I understand where you are coming from Rob but im firmly in camp if you are driving bent then you deserve a tug regardless how busy or not plod ought to be.

Ah well :neutral_face: … it seems like I’m in a minority here :smiley: , or maybe it’s just me being unable to get my point across eh?. :smiley:

In my book ‘driving bent’ ranges from drunk driving, or with no licence/tax/ insurance, to being in charge of a nicked car. in those, and similar cases yeh, you deserve a tug, as you say.

Having a letter (and let’s get real here for a minute, 99 times out of a hundred. you can read the reg of the car as it was intended) half an inch out of space is neither here nor there, and at the risk of carrying the thread in another direction :unamused: …, is neither serious nor important enough to deem it illegal in the first ■■■■ place…there are far far more important motoring offences…IMO.

pure and simple they want the easy jobs that fits in with public demand and revenue. Most people detest speeders tax/insurance dodgers etc. its also a good money spinner for the drinkies and bonus’s. Other than that they don’t give a crap too busy standing round in a circle with their undies round their ankles or driving through shopping precincts at 70+ mph with their lights on doing nothing other than trying to look important.

I have lost count of the number of times I have seen people wandering around sitting in close proximity to others with a cop car parked not 2 feet away from them with a couple of coppers sat in it. They are nothing but a waste of space that think they are a cut above everyone else.

If the characters on the plate aren’t spaced according to legislation the Gatsos wont be able to read them. Now that would be bad luck.

Maybe he was stopped for something else, failed the attitude test and number plate was easier and quicker to spank him with?

I always think if you push the law one way way and get away with it you tend to bend it in other directions.
Driving bent …as far as Im concerned if you break the law you are bent.

Despite having bought a specific registration for my car
(a VW GTI POLO) I’ve never felt the need to Alter the spacing, modern technology inc ANPR can’t read non standard plates. So if I park in airport carparks for example and pull up to the barrier a non standard one can’t be read, so I’m creating a problem for myself. If the cops ANPR can’t read the registration it’s going to trigger their curiosity. However in my local borough we aren’t exactly over run with cops, as there’s probably only 9-10 on shift on a busy Saturday night. Even the shiny new cop station nearby is a satellite office and if you go to the door and try to speak to them, you end up speaking to the central control room 15 miles away

TRAFFIC COPS on the M6 doing their job,that says it all for me, not BEAT BOBBIES on the M6 looking for people breaking lockdown rules.
Cloned cars,pool cars,county line scrotes,uninsured ,disqualified ,no licence ,no MOT etc etc etc

The chances are that the reason they came to notice was the illegal No plate set off the ANPR as it couldn’t be read - so cant be checked for Ins etc. You always have to wonder why they have the illegal No plate- what are they trying to avoid and from a personal point, if they hit me/ my vehicle then I’d like to be able to trace the owner.
They’re in a no win position - see them just driving around and they’re criticised, they are seen stopping some one and still get criticised

robroy:
Ok, it’s another ‘Rob knocks the Police’ thread, but so [zb] what?
I would not do it if it was not valid and justified.

In the time of an unprecedented virus outbreak where the Police should be at least overseeing that the lockdown rules are being adhered to in order to curb the spread,.and in a County wher it has been reported that 75/80% of crime goes undetected, the same county where you can go out and see scrotes freely dealing drugs on the local car park, because the old Police Station has gone…
THIS is how they are spending part of their valuable time with their famous ‘limited resources’ that are said to be the fault of not turning up to crime scenes.
Enjoy… :unamused:
newsandstar.co.uk/news/18424 … plates-m6/

You would think at least they would have the tact and diplomacy to wait until all this present crap is over, before they made a point of dealing with such a triviality, thus bringing ridicule down upon themselves, surely there are hundreds of issues that would be in the queue before all this …again money making ■■■■■■■■. :unamused:

Cant win can they??

andy187:
Maybe he was stopped for something else, failed the attitude test and number plate was easier and quicker to spank him with?

Many years ago when I did have hair and didnt have a belly I tarted up my car as all young uns do. Part of that was a fussy number plate. Needless to say old bill spotted it and took it as an opportunity to check my details. Everything was in order (of course) and I passed the attitude test, so was sent on my way with a warning to get it replaced. Common sense policing.

These days it’s all about raising revenue and turning everyone into a criminal. No mention in the article about any other offences so all a bit excessive in my onion. Mind you, at least they didnt get their head kicked in which seems to be a favourite pastime of coppers these days.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b … m-52510387

Just been reading some of the replies on here, by those who are presumably happy with this type of pedantic policing, and yeh you’re fully entitled to your opinions.
My opinion is I ain’t happy with it, when I see the lawlessness on the street, the burglaries, anti social behaviour, drug dealing, and in our case truck crime, diesel theft.

Anyhow I’ll try and make this the last post on this thread, (unless I’m asked to reply) as I’m banging my head against a brick wall here :unamused: :smiley: .

This ain’t all about ■■■■ number plates specifically, it’s principle…what I will say about the plates thing, is I knew about this campaign before it was publicised, by a heads up, but that’s beside the point, so it IS an actual clampdown

Let’s take the specific number plate thing out of the equation for a minute.
If you are happy with the fact that the Police give the impression by their actions, and by publicised crime figures, that they can not deal with a very high percentage of real crime,…because of ‘’ lack of resources’’ :unamused: …but are seen regularly to concentrate on trivial stuff, .and especially motoring offences, with great enthusiasm, well fair do.s.

We will see if you hold the same opinion if you pass a car being pulled for some ■■■■ ridiculous reason 200 yds from your house, to get home to catch some ■■■■ low life legging it with your telly under his arm…at least they’ll be close enough to turn up quicker with a crime number for you. :laughing:

robroy:
We will see if you hold the same opinion if you pass a car being pulled for some [zb] ridiculous reason 200 yds from your house, to get home to catch some [zb] low life legging it with your telly under his arm…at least they’ll be close enough to turn up quicker with a crime number for you. :laughing:

Bloody hell Rob, what sized telly have you got?

robroy:

rambo19:
Shock and horror.
The police enforcing the law and people moan about it!

I’ll.simplify it, seeing as a few fail to see the point I am making.
If those Police cars that stopped those cars, because a letter was half an inch out of space, were instead sat on my local town centre car park catching those pond life selling drugs to kids, and/or concentrating on the rest of the 80% unsolved crime in the area, I would not be…‘‘moaning about Police enforcing the law’’.

How many of the public given the unlikely choice, would vote for number plate spacing and such similar b/s (that nobody except the Police actually gives a [zb] about) be policed rather than important and more serious stuff.
Anybody who can not see that, is either a bit slow. or just trying to wind me up. :smiley:

If people did not have ilegal number plates, then the police may be able to do the above.

robroy:

rambo19:
Shock and horror.

If those Police cars that stopped those cars, because a letter was half an inch out of space, were instead sat on my local town centre car park catching those pond life selling drugs to kids, and/or concentrating on the rest of the 80% unsolved crime in the area, I would not be…‘‘moaning about Police enforcing the law’’.

How many of the public given the unlikely choice, would vote for number plate spacing and such similar b/s (that nobody except the Police actually gives a [zb] about) be policed rather than important and more serious stuff.
Anybody who can not see that, is either a bit slow. or just trying to wind me up. :smiley:

Have you reported the drug dealing to the police?
How do you know the police have not visited the car park?

emmerson2:
I’ve got a personal plate on all three of my vehicles.They’re nowt special, but nobody else has got them, so they must be personalised! :laughing:

I’ve got a personalized number plate too, spells out my whole name in full, didn’t cost me a penny!

Mind you, it did cost me £36 to change my name by Deed Poll to NX14VPY…

robroy:
Just been reading some of the replies on here, by those who are presumably happy with this type of pedantic policing, and yeh you’re fully entitled to your opinions.
My opinion is I ain’t happy with it, when I see the lawlessness on the street, the burglaries, anti social behaviour, drug dealing, and in our case truck crime, diesel theft.

Anyhow I’ll try and make this the last post on this thread, (unless I’m asked to reply) as I’m banging my head against a brick wall here :unamused: :smiley: .

This ain’t all about [zb] number plates specifically, it’s principle…what I will say about the plates thing, is I knew about this campaign before it was publicised, by a heads up, but that’s beside the point, so it IS an actual clampdown

Let’s take the specific number plate thing out of the equation for a minute.
If you are happy with the fact that the Police give the impression by their actions, and by publicised crime figures, that they can not deal with a very high percentage of real crime,…because of ‘’ lack of resources’’ :unamused: …but are seen regularly to concentrate on trivial stuff, .and especially motoring offences, with great enthusiasm, well fair do.s.

We will see if you hold the same opinion if you pass a car being pulled for some [zb] ridiculous reason 200 yds from your house, to get home to catch some [zb] low life legging it with your telly under his arm…at least they’ll be close enough to turn up quicker with a crime number for you. :laughing:

agree with you one hundred percent Rob pettiness at its silliest, When i worked out of the docks at Liverpool i used to park up most nights unit only in Bootle seen the above anti social behaviour, drug trafficking, Etcetera amazingly rarely a policecar… until the morning after when entering the docks for my trailer lots and lots of pldod about waiting to fine the driver who went 10 mins over his time due to the usual delays on the m6 .Talk about prioritising crime pfffff

rambo19:

robroy:

rambo19:
Shock and horror.

If people did not have ilegal number plates, then the police may be able to do the above.

What a ridiculous analysis of the situation. :unamused:
Aye ok.

rambo19:

robroy:

rambo19:
Shock and horror.

Have you reported the drug dealing to the police?
How do you know the police have not visited the car park?

No…if they don’t know about it, they must be the only people in a radius of 20 mile who do not.

I did not say they hadn’t did I? :neutral_face: …Anyway, they have, and it still goes on,.and not in a covert way either, it’s blatant.
Hope that answers your questions… :neutral_face:

I continue to scratch my head as to why both the Police and the NHS workers seem to be playing this the way they are… :confused:

Don’t even get me started on “Ticktock”…

UKtramp:

robroy:

Bloody hell Rob, what sized telly have you got?

I knew as soon as I wrote that, that I could have used a better example. :smiley:
Some of the burglars round my way are big lads. :laughing: