Police doing another worthwhile job

Ok, it’s another ‘Rob knocks the Police’ thread, but so ■■■■ what?
I would not do it if it was not valid and justified.

In the time of an unprecedented virus outbreak where the Police should be at least overseeing that the lockdown rules are being adhered to in order to curb the spread,.and in a County wher it has been reported that 75/80% of crime goes undetected, the same county where you can go out and see scrotes freely dealing drugs on the local car park, because the old Police Station has gone…
THIS is how they are spending part of their valuable time with their famous ‘limited resources’ that are said to be the fault of not turning up to crime scenes.
Enjoy… :unamused:
newsandstar.co.uk/news/18424 … plates-m6/

You would think at least they would have the tact and diplomacy to wait until all this present crap is over, before they made a point of dealing with such a triviality, thus bringing ridicule down upon themselves, surely there are hundreds of issues that would be in the queue before all this …again money making ■■■■■■■■. :unamused:

I’m currently working at Tesco during this ■■■■ time and whilst at work Saturday evening, a Tesco customer reverses their car into mine. Both occupants get out, look at my car, get back in and drive off. Fortunately another Tesco customer witnessed it, got car details and came into store to report it.

1. Thank you Sir. You have restored my faith in humanity. I will buy you a drink.
  2. Thank you North Yorkshire Police. Went to registered owners address within 20 minutes Both breath tested. Blew just under. Police came to Tesco, viewed cctv and will be reporting driver for failing to stop. Gave me driver’s insurance details.
    I despise people like this that think they can get away with it

I bet on normal Saturday night, Scarborough Police wouldn’t have time to deal with this but thanks to lockdown, they did.
So, some are doing a worthwhile job. :smiley:

I disagree, for the life of me I can’t get my head round why people want to personalise their number plates let alone space the letters (and numbers) to try and make other people do that “look at me” thing.
Does it make these people feel important?
Not in my eyes, I think they’re idiots.
I drive a nice car, wouldn’t make it nicer if I added personalised plates.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
I disagree, for the life of me I can’t get my head round why people want to personalise their number plates let alone space the letters (and numbers) to try and make other people do that “look at me” thing.

You miss the point, whether you me or anybody else agree or disagree with the concept, it’s the principle of… for all the ■■■■ that goes on generally,.and currently, this is what they are doing one of their famous ‘clamp downs’ on.
And yeh, I admit.m I’ve got 2 cars with private regs on, (mine and the Mrs) , and you can think wtf you like about whatever the reason for it is, fill yer boots, I ain’t fussed tbh, …but that is not the main reason I made this point.

extrucker:
I’m currently working at Tesco during this [zb] time and whilst at work Saturday evening, a Tesco customer reverses their car into mine. Both occupants get out, look at my car, get back in and drive off. Fortunately another Tesco customer witnessed it, got car details and came into store to report it.

1. Thank you Sir. You have restored my faith in humanity. I will buy you a drink.
  2. Thank you North Yorkshire Police. Went to registered owners address within 20 minutes Both breath tested. Blew just under. Police came to Tesco, viewed cctv and will be reporting driver for failing to stop. Gave me driver’s insurance details.

I bet on normal Saturday night, Scarborough Police wouldn’t have time to deal with this but thanks to lockdown, they did.

Yep, I also have had the odd occasion personally where the Police have done their job, I am not knocking the guys on the front line actuallly doing the job, it’s the shower who tell them what to do.

robroy:

extrucker:
I’m currently working at Tesco during this [zb] time and whilst at work Saturday evening, a Tesco customer reverses their car into mine. Both occupants get out, look at my car, get back in and drive off. Fortunately another Tesco customer witnessed it, got car details and came into store to report it.

Yep, I also have had the odd occasion personally where the Police have done their job, I am not knocking the guys on the front line actuallly doing the job, it’s the shower who tell them what to do.

Spot on.

Must admit, it does seem kind of petty at the moment. I suppose they are looking at it as even in a pandemic there has to be law and order. Their time would be served better dealing with more serious crime or policing the lockdown which seems to me to be already fazing out slowly without the government telling us to come out of it.

I can see…

Your anger robroy but, seems to me to be a bit of a non-story anyway.

They’re out there nicking cars for speeding/driving like a dork/what ever/essential journey to pick a tube of Smarties, they might as well do 'em for number plates that don’t conform.

The car driver is the one who said to the plate maker ‘can you space it so it looks like “1 4m 4 w41133” please mate’. I have never understood the need for such a desperate and cheap way to get attention. Anyone with real money has a reg that doesn’t need spacing or corruption to make it look good.

I didn’t see the words ‘clamp down’ in the article just ‘couple of drivers stopped and reported this morning’.

robroy:
Ok, it’s another ‘Rob knocks the Police’ thread, but so [zb] what?
I would not do it if it was not valid and justified.

In the time of an unprecedented virus outbreak where the Police should be at least overseeing that the lockdown rules are being adhered to in order to curb the spread,.and in a County wher it has been reported that 75/80% of crime goes undetected, the same county where you can go out and see scrotes freely dealing drugs on the local car park, because the old Police Station has gone…
THIS is how they are spending part of their valuable time with their famous ‘limited resources’ that are said to be the fault of not turning up to crime scenes.
Enjoy… :unamused:
newsandstar.co.uk/news/18424 … plates-m6/

You would think at least they would have the tact and diplomacy to wait until all this present crap is over, before they made a point of dealing with such a triviality, thus bringing ridicule down upon themselves, surely there are hundreds of issues that would be in the queue before all this …again money making ■■■■■■■■. :unamused:

I am still waiting for a response from the head sherang but he is busy. I still get the local papers from where I used to live and saw that someone had been given a spot fine for having a picnic. I asked the police why and they said it was because of “lock down,” on the same evening news the National Trust announced that their gardens and parks would remain open to the public. This family had been fined because they had stopped walking and sat down with a sandwich which they had either brought with them or bought on the way. My real question was why they had closed off the seating area with crime scene tape after moving the family on.

At the time the “rules” were very vague, on the day it happened was straight after the pubs closed. I remember the next day we went to visit our daughter in her Uni house with some post and took her for a Burger King, we couldn’t sit inside as it was only open for drive through. I don’t really see the difference between sat in a car as a family or sat on a bench in a park.

We also have the same problem with the scrotes dealing drugs in the cemetery which is closed to the public.

robroy:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

You miss the point, whether you me or anybody else agree or disagree with the concept, it’s the principle of… for all the [zb] that goes on generally,.and currently, this is what they are doing one of their famous ‘clamp downs’ on.
And yeh, I admit.m I’ve got 2 cars with private regs on, (mine and the Mrs) , and you can think wtf you like about whatever the reason for it is, fill yer boots, I ain’t fussed tbh, …but that is not the main reason I made this point.

I wasn’t missing the point at all, the fact that you felt the need to tell everybody that you have 2 personalised plates proves my point.

Up until around a month ago, the filth were completely invisible. Last 4 weeks they seem to be everywhere I go :unamused:

Not walking the streets though, sat around with speed guns. Last Friday I came out of Coca Cola Wakefield, one of them was draped across the bonnet of a 3 series estate with his radar gun like something out of a seventies cop drama. Today two of them sat in an X5 westbound M62 near Saddleworth again aiming his radar thingy like some 11 year old trying to win a teddy at a fayre.

They make me sick. Thought it was key workers out there? If it is for safety, why are they not positioned at accident spots on A roads instead of hiding in layby’s or dips in motorway sections aiming at you on the crest? Money making priority in my view because they are scared to death of criminals.

I’ve got a personal plate on all three of my vehicles.They’re nowt special, but nobody else has got them, so they must be personalised! :laughing:

Shock and horror.
The police enforcing the law and people moan about it!

I am not having a go at your post but traffic police know that this could lead them on to other things , by a routine tug for dodgy number plates , who knows what they may find from that stop from being unlicensed / no insurance / driving while banned to drugs offences .
Personally I find number plate spacing ridiculous too .

Grumpy_old_trucker:

robroy:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

You miss the point, whether you me or anybody else agree or disagree with the concept, it’s the principle of… for all the [zb] that goes on generally,.and currently, this is what they are doing one of their famous ‘clamp downs’ on.

I wasn’t missing the point at all, the fact that you felt the need to tell everybody that you have 2 personalised plates proves my point.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

toby1234abc:
I am not having a go at your post but traffic police know that this could lead them on to other things , by a routine tug for dodgy number plates , who knows what they may find from that stop from being unlicensed / no insurance / driving while banned to drugs offences .

This. I follow quite a few forces on twitter and its amazing how many people are pulled for illegal plates/tints which is pretty trivial really, yet it often leads to something much bigger as toby says.

rambo19:
Shock and horror.

I’ll.simplify it, seeing as a few fail to see the point I am making.
If those Police cars that stopped those cars, because a letter was half an inch out of space, were instead sat on my local town centre car park catching those pond life selling drugs to kids, and/or concentrating on the rest of the 80% unsolved crime in the area, I would not be…‘‘moaning about Police enforcing the law’’.

How many of the public given the unlikely choice, would vote for number plate spacing and such similar b/s (that nobody except the Police actually gives a ■■■■ about) be policed rather than important and more serious stuff.
Anybody who can not see that, is either a bit slow. or just trying to wind me up. :smiley:

maga:

toby1234abc:

This. I follow quite a few forces on twitter and its amazing how many people are pulled for illegal plates/tints which is pretty trivial really, yet it often leads to something much bigger as toby says.

A more cynical view (some may even say realistic view) would interpret that as an attempt to justify themselves to the public, by putting a positive spin on easy target policing. :bulb:

robroy:

rambo19:
Shock and horror.

I’ll.simplify it, seeing as a few fail to see the point I am making.
If those Police cars that stopped those cars, because a letter was half an inch out of space, were instead sat on my local town centre car park catching those pond life selling drugs to kids, and/or concentrating on the rest of the 80% unsolved crime in the area, I would not be…‘‘moaning about Police enforcing the law’’.

How many of the public given the unlikely choice, would vote for number plate spacing and such similar b/s (that nobody except the Police actually gives a [zb] about) be policed rather than important and more serious stuff.
Anybody who can not see that, is either a bit slow. or just trying to wind me up. :smiley:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
why make it hard when you can crunch numbers by making it easy.
if you like personal plates,then its of no importance getting pulled now and again for a £50 fine.
it costs me £20 for an extra set of legal plates for every van i build.
they go on for the mot,and straight back off again.
ive had 1 fine for plate about 30 years ago as they were tiny ones on a rg500 .
i never took them off,just paid the fine and carried on…in the big picture,then who cares if it suits your whim…

My eldest once bought a car that had a number plate in that funny italic style. I told him to change it as it was illegal but he never did…untill he got a tug of old bill one night giving him 7 days to get it changed…christ did I laugh at the idiot.

I understand where you are coming from Rob but im firmly in camp if you are driving bent then you deserve a tug regardless how busy or not plod ought to be.