Police clamp down

Warwickshire police are going to target HGV drivers about hours, load security all the usual stuff that they can get you on.

West Mercia police have launched operation snapshot asking people to send photos of vehicles breaking the law and have said every photo will be examined,
This was in yesterdays local paper so be careful around the West Mids. area.
Merry Xmas.

WaggerWagger888:
Warwickshire police are going to target HGV drivers about hours, load security all the usual stuff that they can get you on.

West Mercia police have launched operation snapshot asking people to send photos of vehicles breaking the law and have said every photo will be examined,
This was in yesterdays local paper so be careful around the West Mids. area.
Merry Xmas.

Yawn ■■■■ yawn.
Standard answer on all this type of stuff…‘‘I’m waiting for the day the Police ‘clamp down’ on truck crime, burglaries, assaults, drug dealing (in my home town) and everything else they are meant to do, instead of easy target fine raising’’

Easy target easy policing prevails and takes precedence once AGAIN…Useless ■■■■ s ! :unamused: :smiling_imp:

Cue the Police apologists unofficial spokesmen with their ‘‘It is a different department’’ ■■■■■■■■.

I’d love to know just how some drivers are doing the job to keep getting caught enough to put posts on forums warning about them or complaining about it. I’ve managed 25 years with just one FPN for yellow box junction at the top of the Tyne Tunnel when someone pulled into the space I’d let build up in front of it leaving me with a few feet of trailer overhanging.

It ain’t rocket science and if you’re the professional drivers worth the treatment, wages and respect you claim you are due then it shouldn’t be a problem for you either.

heres the link…sad,just so sad…the cyclist part is even sadder,itl pass 5 mins watching the carefully worded responses from plod.

westmercia.police.uk/operationsnap

I’ve thought of a snappy slogan for this campaign…

“Don’t sit on your arse,
Get snapping and grass!”

Harry Monk:
I’ve thought of a snappy slogan for this campaign…

“Don’t sit on your arse,
Get snapping and grass!”

Another slogan…

" Snitches get stitches."

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Those who dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Whenever they do one of these big multi-agency checkpoint days tying up dozens of coppers, revenue and customs and DVSA at some services pulling in hundreds of vehicles despite they way they big it up on their social media it rarely seems to be anything more exciting than the inevitable pickup truck on red diesel, the odd bald tyre and a couple of vehicles with no road tax.

Had a month long one in October on M62,same press thing and all that came out,I pass ainley top checkpoint dinnertime on way to work everyday and passed the jct 20 checkpoint plenty of times though the weeks not seen either open once.

Seen vosa parked on slip road from M18 onto A1(M) north twice last week at 0100ish both days though.

You all know dont you that most people go to work without fear of the authorities having to haul them to task.
It does make me wonder if truck drivers are a bit thick, and need extra supervision.
Most normal folk go to work, earn a wage then go home to their families.
Truck drivers seem to break rules, bend the laws etc to suit themselves.
Then wonder why the authorities are against them…

If Truck Drivers did their job properly then maybe the authorities would go easy on them.
You only have to read posts on this forum though, to understand why DCPC and DVSA are needed to keep this industry in check.

Most folk go to work without fear of the authorities.
Most folk are able to graft for a honest decent wage.
Most folk on this forum need to look in the mirror…

Didn’t read it all but one thing that connected was that any dash cam footage is not necessarily evidence. Their statement said that the police only ask that you/we engage with them so they can improve road safety.

sent using smoke signals

chester:
You all know dont you that most people go to work without fear of the authorities having to haul them to task.
It does make me wonder if truck drivers are a bit thick, and need extra supervision.
Most normal folk go to work, earn a wage then go home to their families.
Truck drivers seem to break rules, bend the laws etc to suit themselves.
Then wonder why the authorities are against them…

If Truck Drivers did their job properly then maybe the authorities would go easy on them.
You only have to read posts on this forum though, to understand why DCPC and DVSA are needed to keep this industry in check.

Most folk go to work without fear of the authorities.
Most folk are able to graft for a honest decent wage.
Most folk on this forum need to look in the mirror…

I know you’re on your usual winding up trolling/baiting exercise Chester, :unamused: but you know what?
…Up to a point I see where you’re coming from, and I agree with most of that. (Sorry to dissapoint)

However, …in your usual inimitable way :unamused: , you put truck drivers in a generalised single category, saying they are a ‘‘bit thick’’ insulting the entire industry, but anyody with a modicum of intelligence :bulb: , can see that is complete bull crap, they/we are NOT all the same.

Fair enough there are still.a core of drivers still left over who bend and break the rules for many reasons.

There are the minority ones who see the driver hours rules 80s style, a free for all do as you like, totally flaunting it for financial gain.

There are the ones who push it, they treat the job as an endurance, maxing out to the last minute every day, tearsarsing like there’s no tomorrow, so habitually get infringements as they ve pushed it too far.

Those two categories of drivers range from being blase in attitude, not giving a ■■■■, to being spineless or simply thick as pig crap…those are the ones along with their unscrupulous operators handing out incentive bonuses (causing these idiots to play ball with them) who I’ve no sympathy with whatsoever at checkpoints…, same operators maybe cutting corners in maintenance. :bulb: chuck the book at the lot of em, I could not give a ■■■■, the industry needs cleaning up to stop unintelligent people like yourself tarring all of the rest of us with the same brush. :smiling_imp:

But…at the other end of the spectrum, the majority of us are just drivers, normal guys doing a job lefally, and trying to field off all the crap around us day to day(in your other list of ‘‘most folk’’ :bulb: ) who have maybe just ■■■■ ed up a few times for various reasons,… by accident, mild ignorance, of some rules, or unforseen circumstances.

So…then the Old Bill, DVSA,.and the rest of them have a problem, maybe only catch a couple of the more serious offenders, so they can not fulfil their TRUE agenda of making a financial killing out of these majority normal type guys, or maybe not even cover the costs of the operation :open_mouth: panic!, …so they then ‘‘clamp down’’ on them. :imp:
At the same time to up the ante a bit they come up with more expensive PR schemes, like the ‘coffee police’ in their tractor units for instance, and also they move the goalposts on things like load security, where perfectly secure loads (that have maybe already covered 100s of miles) are deemed ‘insecure’, pertaining to their purposely made pedantic bloody stupid rules. Brilliant eh?..kerching.

Meanwhile on the sameM.way adjacent to the MSA they are working from, (and the rest of the UK m.way network) there is the usual cluster ■■■■ of crap and unsafe driving going on, lane hogging, tailgating and all the rest of it, …oh yeh, and the truck thefts from the same msa at night after they have ■■■■ ed off home, just being suitably ignored. :imp:

A cynical view, but in my opinion a more accurate one than yours Chester.

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Oh yeh forgot to mention the grasses and the self appointed up their own arse traffic supervisors, those guys will revel in this and give them a sense of purpose to their crap sad mundane uneventful lives, patrolling the highways with their purposely fitted dashcams :unamused: … get a wife or girlfriend ffs!.
…The lowest form of humanity apart from paedophiles. :smiley:

robroy:
However, …in your usual inimitable way :unamused: , you put truck drivers in a generalised single category, saying they are a ‘‘bit thick’’ insulting the entire industry,

Show me where I said all truck drivers are thick?
Take all the time you need

However to help you…
I did ponder a thought, and put it out there.

I’ve also said footballers are girlies and roll around the floor in tears.
Are you going to take offence on behalf of the F.A. As well?

robroy:
Oh yeh forgot to mention the grasses and the self appointed up their own arse traffic supervisors, those guys will revel in this and give them a sense of purpose to their crap sad mundane uneventful lives, patrolling the highways with their purposely fitted dashcams :unamused: … get a wife or girlfriend ffs!.
…The lowest form of humanity apart from paedophiles. :smiley:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
how would you class a kiddy fiddler with a dashcam then?? :slight_smile:

I for one will be submitting photographic evidence to DVSA.
The sooner these unscrupulous hauliers are off the road the better.

I shall post link to the DVSA whistle blowers page

gov.uk/guidance/report-a-lo … or-company

chester:

robroy:
However, …in your usual inimitable way :unamused: , you put truck drivers in a generalised single category, saying they are a ‘‘bit thick’’ insulting the entire industry,

Show me where I said all truck drivers are thick?
Take all the time you need

However to help you…
I did ponder a thought, and put it out there.

I’ve also said footballers are girlies and roll around the floor in tears.
Are you going to take offence on behalf of the F.A. As well?

Thanks, I’ve took all the time I’ve needed, and came to this conclusion.

You are always having a pop at drivers mate, it’s ‘your thing’ to get a response.

And…On ‘behalf’ of ? ?
If I was it would be totally different to taking offence against your general opinion of truckers… as I’m a one myself. :bulb:
Despite my dreams I can categorically say I’ve never played no 9 for Newcastle. :cry:
So totally different eh?
Brush up on your vocabulary mate. :bulb: :wink:

chester:

That does not surprise any of us in the least’ :laughing:

I rest my case btw. :smiley:

robroy:

chester:

That does not surprise any of us in the least’ :laughing:

I rest my case btw. :smiley:

gov.uk/guidance/report-a-lo … or-company