Police Appeal- MORE

Just had a late nght call from the police contact dealing with this thread …

They are still interested also, in the make and model of the trucks as well

I think that the first (Red truck) maybe either an Iveco Stralis, or MAN Roadhaus The first couple of Photos look a bit MAN RoadHaus, but I am sure that photo 1c shows a sloping side window. and the rear side panel that is similar to the Eurostar/Tech but that might just be the angle of the photo

So if its boxy from the front like an MAN, but, IF it has a side similar to the Eurostar/Tech I can only think of the Stralis… any other ideas??

The next one is almost definatly a Volvo FH, although it is not clear from the photo 2aif it is a Globetrotter or not.

Next I think again Volvo but an FM, and NOT a Globetrotter cab photo 3a

The last is I am almost sure a DAF XF spacecab (Not superspace) photo 4c

your thoughts

They all look european spec unit and trailers,
I would say 1a is definately a MAN Roadhaus. There is a large shadow on the grill that would correspond to the MAN lettering with a smaller shadow underneath the position of the MAN logo. Also the dark shadow in the upper rear side section of the cab looks like the smoked window fitted to this type of cab.
2a looks like a day cab low rider FH12.
Truck 3 is a FM and bears the livery of GRUSBOR
4 looks DAF XF with no deflector kit.

A fellow truck driver was killed in this incident so please take a look.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … 02112c2c9a

Truck 1. This looks all wrong for a Stralis.
The grill is the wrong shape.
The Stralis has no grill badge.
The stralis has a sun roof. not evident in any of the pictures
The stralis does not have anything which would exsplain the black shadow in the area of the air kit.

The trailer on the 2nd images looks like a “Geest” livery??
And the 4th looks a bit like thos Visbeen(sp?) Dutch wagons.

What dya think??

Yep, 1 is defo. a MAN Roadhaus

Would agree with lostpup. no2 looks like the Geest logo. Saw one of their trailers yesterday and looks spot on.

I should say that yes , 1a and 1c is certainly an old MAN Roadhaus, The trailer is an old TIP Rental trailer and the company name looks like “Brugl”

The 2 white trucks look to be of the same livery and I would guess at the Artic being an FM while the drawbar looks more like a Merc.

The second one looks like the Iveco eurotech from the angle of the window & the side sunfoof window.

They all look european from the size of their fuel tanks apart from the wag&drag

I could be wrong but something about truck 3 looked very familiar.
Look at at this.
grabor.com/all.htm

Look at the image on the customer service page.

Well i think that may be a match, if you look carefully the trailer is slightly lower than the wagon

Lostpup:
The trailer on the 2nd images looks like a “Geest” livery??

It’s not dissimilar to the Geest logo, but AFAIK they only run fridges. The trailer looks too tall for a fridge and there appears to be a step in the frame of the trailer which matches the fleet on the Fly by Nite website.

And the 4th looks a bit like thos Visbeen(sp?) Dutch wagons.

It’s the letter following the V that makes me not think Visbeen, and again I don’t see it as a Fridge.

No1 looks like a MAN Roadhouse to me. The trailer is a TIP rental.

No2 Looks a bit like GIST livery. They used to be BOCs food distribution, I can’t think of the old name at the mo, (BOC Trans■■? it’ll come back once I start dropping off to sleep). The livery is a purple sphere with a large reflected white spot in the top left quarter of the sphere, and the word GIST in fairly tall thin letters. That small step in the frame dosn’t mean it can’t be a fridge trailer. Lots of fridges have a small step like that, it seems to be where a slim neck (for interior height) is stepped down to a deeper/lighter main chassis. The unit looks like a Volvo FM.

No3. I agree with the suggestion of it looking like Grabor livery. The unit looks like a flat roof Volvo FM with a big air-kit on the roof.

No4. Looks like a DAF XF space cab to me as well. If it was an SSC, there would be the dark strip of the top window. It looks like a low-ride unit and trailer to me, and the height of the trailer over the top of the cab would support that. In fact it looks like a flat roofed cab except in shots 4 & 4b you can see the high cab above the side windows. I am not that sure about the Visbeen livery, it does look a bit like it but not quite right to me.

My daughters had friends round last night, I was on here & asked thier father, an HGV driver, if he thought 3 was a possible match with Grabor.
He it seems use to work for the Volvo dealer in Norwich & tells me Derek Cooper use to run a wag & drag in Grabor colours, he remembers it well as the set up was bought at the same time as some high spec tractor units & the driver was less than happy at being given a FL as a result. He also rembers collecting it for service one monday, it seems the driver had not been told it was going in & he thinks he was sent home, “nothing for you today driver”.

It seems as though there have been some positive id from this post, at least something else for plod to go on.

I dont think the VB is Visbeen either but at least it gives somewhere to start.

Certainly Grabor and Gist are worth looking into!

Pretty sure it is not Visbeen

:wink:

The 2nd picture is a low running Volvo.

It could possibly be a company called “Fly By Night” I think they do airport and/or theatre scene shifting work.

DAFMAD:
Pretty sure it is not Visbeen

No, right enough I saw one today and realised I was wrong.
Also spelt Gist wrong on my other post. :blush:
Am now a little unsure about the Gist livery too. Saw one of theirs today as well. Although the unit was a Volvo as photo, the sphere on the livery was further back on the trailer than pictured. :question: :question:

Also, I think Gist has the same motif on the back door, which the one pictured didn’t.

Looking again the the Fly by Nite site, this picture

shows the markings on the rear of their vehicle which strongly resembles the rear markings shown in Picture 2b.

Whilst in Picture 2a it is not possible to see any ‘crescent’ markings along the side of the trailer, this demonstrates

that all of their vehicles may not be liveried to the same standard. Also looking at Picture 2c, there appears to be a ‘bulge’ in the logo at about 2 O’clock. The logo on the 7.5 tonner shows a similar bulge.

In this picture of two vehicles side by side,

I cannot see any ‘crescent’ markings along the side of the artic, but that may be just the angle of the camera.

Their site does say that they have over 40 vehicles so it is entirely possible that they are not all liveried to the same standard, with only the ‘flagship’ units and trailers displaying the full livery.

Agreed, the white Volvo is most definately a Flybynite truck, I have worked in this industry very close to these trucks and could not be more convinced !