Pointless journeys just for the sake of it

I work at the weekend Saturday or a Sunday and in the week, sometimes late at night, and wonder where all these cars are going , by the time the double decker trailer pallet night drivers hit the road, the motorway is still rammed with cars .
You notice it more with a junction closure or lane closures and accidents .
The thing is the car only has the driver, no car sharing and not dressed in a company uniform or office clothing .
They moan trucks slow them down and get annoyed with elephant racing but if you work out the sheer weight of so many cars per mile, they are the ones clogging up the country .

Maybe they’re going somewhere?

khdgsa:
Maybe they’re going somewhere?

Or going home FROM somewhere? Selfish sods, using my road.

BAN ALL CARS

sent from my laptop whilst sitting on the floor of a train carriage

yourhavingalarf:
BAN ALL CARS

sent from my laptop whilst sitting on the floor of a train carriageway

Right On, pal. Oh, except mine, and maybe yours.

Franglais:
Right On, pal. Oh, except mine, and maybe yours.

Well yeh, obviously.

:unamused: There is a reason for every journey otherwise they wouldn’t be there :unamused: I never go out in the car unless there is a reason. I’ve never once thought I’ll get out of bed and nip 2 motorway junctions and back to to ■■■■ off a lorry driver just for the sake of it. I have an excellent sense of humour but even that wouldn’t be funny - or in my mind sane!

the irony of sitting in a traffic jam complaining at all the traffic

Bluey Circles:
the irony of sitting in a traffic jam complaining at all the traffic

Glad to see you`re a unique, independent, free, thinker. Just like me!

Get out of my way road hoggers and middle lane hoggers , I own the road .
If you see an Irish V 8 boat catcher , drive the lorry in the field to let him on his way .
Never late in a v 8 .

dri-diddly-iver:
:roll: There is a reason for every journey otherwise they wouldn’t be there :unamused: I never go out in the car unless there is a reason. I’ve never once thought I’ll get out of bed and nip 2 motorway junctions and back to to ■■■■ off a lorry driver just for the sake of it. I have an excellent sense of humour but even that wouldn’t be funny - or in my mind sane!

Yeah years ago 2 youngsters decided to go out in the snow because they had never driven in it.

Unfortunately nether made it home they wrapped it around the front of a truck on the newly opened M25.

So yes some people do just pop out for a no real reason drive.
Many years ago if my son wouldn’t sleep the easiest way was pop him in the car and go for a drive. No real reason but yeah it worked.

^^

^^ yep, new years eve some 35 years ago, my then young son teething summat terrible, he’d been crying for hours so to relieve things popped him into the back of me mk 2 Cortina, within 10 seconds zonk out like a light, went round visiting a few fiends to wish them a happy new year, he never woke up once.
Same when he was strapped into me 2800 Daf as a little un, he could sleep for England.

Some of the pointless journeys could be people driving nowhere to complete regens on the Diesel cars they bought, for economy…is it me?

James the cat:
^^

Had to do a double take on that…

Contender for the most pointless & whiny threads of the year Toby! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

Wonder if we (TruckNet) could send a team of whingers and whiners to the next olympics. . . Hate to say it, but even I could be in with a shout. . .Maybe form a relay team with Juddian on “Auto-Box” whinging,. . . team up with young Evil8Beezle on whining about those who live in the far north. . (north of Winchester). And there`s a huge choice of world-class whingers out there for Pro, AND Anti, EuroLand moaning. I love being British !

dpf health management.
Not a pointless journey though, if it saves having to replace it.

Franglais:

Evil8Beezle:

Wonder if we (TruckNet) could send a team of whingers and whiners to the next olympics. . . Hate to say it, but even I could be in with a shout. . .Maybe form a relay team with Juddian on “Auto-Box” whinging,. . . team up with young Evil8Beezle on whining about those who live in the far north. . (north of Winchester). And there`s a huge choice of world-class whingers out there for Pro, AND Anti, EuroLand moaning. I love being British !

And also a team of agency limpers to the paralympics!!!

Wind yer necks in, it’s only banter

Toby, you asked this same question back in February and I explained to you then what was happening but it seems to have gone in one ear and out the other without encountering much resistance in between.

Contraflow:

toby1234abc:
Has anyone seen the vast amount of cars with just the driver, and no occupants, when office workers have done their commute and are at work , where is everyone else going, they are dressed in casual clothing and not reps or business people ?

Okay, I’m sorry everyone but I can’t keep this massive secret any longer. Someone needs to tell him ffs.

Toby, have you seen the film The Truman Show? You know, with Jim Carrey? Yes? Good. Well that’s you mate. You’re Truman. All those people you see around you in cars are just actors. Everything you’ve ever known is a lie.

Contraflow:
Toby, you asked this same question back in February and I explained to you then what was happening but it seems to have gone in one ear and out the other without encountering much resistance in between.

Contraflow:

toby1234abc:
Has anyone seen the vast amount of cars with just the driver, and no occupants, when office workers have done their commute and are at work , where is everyone else going, they are dressed in casual clothing and not reps or business people ?

Okay, I’m sorry everyone but I can’t keep this massive secret any longer. Someone needs to tell him ffs.

Toby, have you seen the film The Truman Show? You know, with Jim Carrey? Yes? Good. Well that’s you mate. You’re Truman. All those people you see around you in cars are just actors. Everything you’ve ever known is a lie.

Toby will get the mother of all surprises when he sails his dinghy to the edge of the studio, climbs through the door to see Carryfast the director sitting in a leather chair wearing a beret.