POA!?!?!

First drop this morning had to wait 1 hour 20 to be unloaded, so as id only done 2 hour drive I stuck it on a 15, after that I thought I’d put tacho on other work but no it was on POA, drive off and all of a sudden I’m faced with second period already started! TM said to do a printout and work out remaining drive time from first period and continue to have a 30 break as normal than putting written explanation on back of printout at end of the day.

Is this legal or will I be looking at a serious roasting? Lol

As long as you get your 30 in before you hit the 4.5 hours is up you’ll be fine. Next time just put it on rest and leave it there.

The tachograph will show your driving time as having been reset after 45 min on POA (or a combination of breaks and POA totalling 45 min) even though POA doesn’t count as a driving break unless it is when you are travelling as a passenger with your card in slot 2.

The only difference this makes is that you have to manually work out when you require a driving break, rather than relying on the display.

When your tacho data is analysed it will be done correctly and only based on the break time being a driving break, so there is no need to provide a printout or explanation as it will be correct.

No need for the printout as you’ve not done anything wrong (except maybe not fully met the conditions of using POA).
I sometimes do similar to this if I want to keep my working time down but want to get the most out of my driving hours. I.e. get a 15 minute break in early and only need to take 30 minutes when I’m nearer to 4.5 hours without racking up an hour of ‘other work’ with my feet up.

Glen A9:
The tachograph will show your driving time as having been reset after 45 min on POA (or a combination of breaks and POA totalling 45 min) even though POA doesn’t count as a driving break unless it is when you are travelling as a passenger with your card in slot 2.

The only difference this makes is that you have to manually work out when you require a driving break, rather than relying on the display.

When your tacho data is analysed it will be done correctly and only based on the break time being a driving break, so there is no need to provide a printout or explanation as it will be correct.

Is a better way of saying what I meant!

POA my arris…never used it and never will…

Trukkertone:

Now that is the perfect answer… :grimacing:

scoobyears:

Trukkertone:

Not sure why. I’ve used it and will again.

scoobyears:

Trukkertone:

+1.well said…never any need for it…end of story. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice everyone, appreciate it.

Hi all. I’m a newbie driver of sorts, been driving about a year now so apologies if this is wrong.

POA, to my knowledge is used when your not doing any work but not on a break either. For those of you doing long distance I agree there is totally no need for it. In my job I do little driving and a lot of loading and unloading and I do a lot of overtime. As we all know the WTD says we can’t work any more than 60 hours in a week. I try to maximise the amount of overtime I do so when ever I’m sat waiting to unload or load I stick the tacho on to POA. According to the WTD this does not count to my working hours nor the 48hr in 17 week average. So it’s very helpful for me in that regard. In answer to your question I don’t believe you have done anything wrong. Just becomes a pain as your driving time on the tacho is reset.

I currently drive a DAF CF 330 and on the computer it shows you what your daily drive time is. If you have that function on your wagons it’s makes life soo much easier and saves you from working out the huge drive hours down to the minuets.

J

(Waits for abuse)

Poa is just a ■■■■ way to get around doing more then 60h a week from what I seem to see

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:
Poa is just a [zb] way to get around doing more then 60h a week from what I seem to see

[sigh] you can do the same with break

Jax is correct.

POA is simply a tool for employers to penetrate you without lube. Stobart’s drivers love it.

Les Shoes:

JaxDemon:
Poa is just a [zb] way to get around doing more then 60h a week from what I seem to see

Difference is I’d never stick it on break for more then 45 unless I needed to take a 2nd break where poa can be for hours on end. ■■ that.

JaxDemon:

Les Shoes:

JaxDemon:

Difference is I’d never stick it on break for more then 45 unless I needed to take a 2nd break where poa can be for hours on end. [zb] that.

Why not? Why would you not put on POA or break while you’re on your bunk, drinking tea and clearing out your snot locker waiting 2 hours for some bored bayman to tip you?

Les Shoes:

JaxDemon:

Les Shoes:

JaxDemon:

Difference is I’d never stick it on break for more then 45 unless I needed to take a 2nd break where poa can be for hours on end. [zb] that.

Why not? Why would you not put on POA or break while you’re on your bunk, drinking tea and clearing out your snot locker waiting 2 hours for some bored bayman to tip you?

Because I don’t want to do over 60h a week tbh.

You’ve got your way and I’ve got mine. I just don’t understand why so many get themselves in such a tizzy about POA when it can sometimes come in handy.

I don’t think there is any real difference between POA and break. Only real difference is that it you look better being in POA for 2 hours and a break for 1 because you were waiting to be tipped than on break for 3.

Also I don’t think you can be on POA for hours on end. As the rules state you must have a break of at least 9-11 hours in a 24 hour period. So you can’t use POA

I guess that employers read this forum, and rub their hands in glee…