Please dont post it on here

We are aware of an image taken from a mobile phone of an accident involving a truck that has been circulating around social media (facebook/twitter etc). This image clearly shows the driver of the truck. This driver has died of his injuries and the family are finding the images on the internet distressing. As yet the image hasn’t been posted on here, but if it is out of respect for the families wishes it will be deleted, if you haven’t seen the image please move on to the next topic, if you have please do not repost it on here. RIP driver

Sorry to hear about this, in the old days we just had to put up with rubberneckers gawping at the carnage now they are taking photos of the incidents in the hope of a bit of gore.

Deepest condolences to all the truck drivers family for their loss.

Hiya …well said just keeping the post on page one…sorry driver RIP.condolences to the family
John

Also I’m sorry to hear this, and this is one reason why i never have been or never will be a Twitterer or Facebooker.

Very sad to hear when another driver dies.My condolences to his family and friends at this painful time.R.I.P.driver.
regards dave.

bald bloke:
Also I’m sorry to hear this, and this is one reason why i never have been or never will be a Twitterer or Facebooker.

Same here. I haven’t heard or seen off the incident but feel no urge to try and find out. I’d be pretty upset if I was circulated around the net. I hope we all on here are descent enough to respect this thread and its wishes. Rip drive and condolences to thoose who knew him.

Sad and disappointed to hear of this, RIP and condolences to family and friends.

Rikki-UK:
We are aware of an image taken from a mobile phone of an accident involving a truck that has been circulating around social media (facebook/twitter etc). This image clearly shows the driver of the truck. This driver has died of his injuries and the family are finding the images on the internet distressing. As yet the image hasn’t been posted on here, but if it is out of respect for the families wishes it will be deleted, if you haven’t seen the image please move on to the next topic, if you have please do not repost it on here. RIP driver

Agreed.

Rikki-UK:
This image clearly shows the driver of the truck.

This driver has died of his injuries.

That is disgusting.

Totally out of order to picture the Driver. RIP.

Hopefully we can learn from photos and reports of collisions (we
shouldn’t sweep them under the carpet) and become safer Drivers.

But to show a victim is a big no no.

If I saw anyone taking a picture of someone injured or dead in a crash, I would probably chin them.

Silver_Surfer:
If I saw anyone taking a picture of someone injured or dead in a crash, I would probably chin them.

would make you no better than them

Silver_Surfer:

Know exactly what you mean, makes you bloody angry these kinds of people… No content with rubbernecking so try and their kicks by taking pictures to show their mates…

Something like this happened a couple of years ago. A Wm Armstrong driver was sadly killed in an accident on the A7 and a picture of him lying dead in his cab was published in the Daily Record!!! How must the family have felt if they had seen it. I don’t really know what makes people take these kind of photos in the first place.

RIP driver.

Its called instinct, the same as looking at accident scenes, i dont agree with it, but its what we do, to look at others grief, to know what happened, to see whether we knew the company, or maybe the driver.
However, i agree with others that to take pictures of the dead or injured goes beyond instinct, its macabre.

There was a picture of a truck that was involved in an accident locally recently. In the picture you could clearly see a motorbiker taking a pic of the driver trapped (who later died) through the window. You’ve got to wonder what goes through their minds when they take pics like that?

Before anyone says its a dig at bikers it’s not. He was wearing full leathers.

JJ192:

Silver_Surfer:

Probably but would make you feel much happier !!

DUFFMAN:

JJ192:

Silver_Surfer:

Probably but would make you feel much happier !!

maybe but its you thats ends up in trouble this is the uk

Im best friends with his brother in law. There cant of been pics of him in the cab as he was thrown far from the truck as he wasnt wearing his seat belt. Last I heard he was still alive as of this morning!

vixen666:
Im best friends with his brother in law. There cant of been pics of him in the cab as he was thrown far from the truck as he wasnt wearing his seat belt. Last I heard he was still alive as of this morning!

Well IF you’re talking about the same incident, and IF you are genuine (I have no reason not to believe you, but there are some wierdos out there) then that is great news. I hope he recovers quickly with no lasting damage.