Please could you help me work a night heater

I have an Eberspacher night heater in my wagon but don’t know how to use is as I’m pretty ■■■■ useless and would appreciate any help I can get. I’ve been trying to find a user manual on the internet and failed at that as well. Thanks.

Here’s a pic

Hit the red button to turn on and use the rotary knob to adjust temp.

looking at that pic, the night heater is working

to turn it on/off manually, press the button with the red wavy lines, there is a similar icon on the digital display, if the icon is there (as it is in the pic) the night heater is on

the dial gauge is for the temp, the thicker the line, the higher the temp

it is programmable to start at whatever time you want, but i could never be bothered to work out how to do that bit

8 legger:
I have an Eberspacher night heater in my wagon but don’t know how to use is as I’m pretty ■■■■ useless and would appreciate any help I can get. I’ve been trying to find a user manual on the internet and failed at that as well. Thanks.

Here’s a pic

you’ve got it turned on at max temp, so if you’re cold? it’s broke!

stevie

I would imagine that you press the red button to turn on or off and use arrow buttons or dial for heat control just have a play and see it’s different to the one in the trucks I use I’ve a separate power button on dash to turn on and off

stevieboy308:

8 legger:

Here’s a pic

you’ve got it turned on at max temp, so if you’re cold? it’s broke!

stevie

yeah, but, he might have only just turned it on, so it may still be warming up :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is the problem, they are just too ■■■■ complicated. They used to have an on/off switch, and an analogue alarm clock thingy where you set the little red hand at what time you wanted it to come on in the morning. Nowadays you can set them to come on at a certain time three weeks later but you can’t work out how the hell to turn them on now.

First advice is to look for a master switch on the dashboard, this might turn it on. If there isn’t a master switch, just stab away randomly at those buttons until it fires up.

Thanks for all the help its much appreciated, I’ve just tried what you’ve all suggested but nothing happens so it looks like I’ll be taking it out tomorrow to check the wires and burner are all fine.

when you turn it on with the red button, you can normally hear the motor spin up, if it spins up and still doesn’t get hot after a few minutes, then it is more than likely the glow plug that is knackered

Harry Monk:
This is the problem, they are just too ■■■■ complicated. They used to have an on/off switch, and an analogue alarm clock thingy where you set the little red hand at what time you wanted it to come on in the morning. Nowadays you can set them to come on at a certain time three weeks later but you can’t work out how the hell to turn them on now.

First advice is to look for a master switch on the dashboard, this might turn it on. If there isn’t a master switch, just stab away randomly at those buttons until it fires up.

the on off switch is the red button, it’s that simple. as the same icon that’s on the switch is on the screen means it’s on.

stevie

Make sure your inlet and outlet pipes are not blocked by anything (gloves, number plate, ■■■■ etc)

Is there a reset button on these heaters?

Some trucks require you to have the ignition switched on to the first click otherwise the heater shuts off after 15 minutes.

They take several minutes to wind up so maybe you’re switching it on and expecting instant heat. At first it seems like nothing is happening then the fan slowly ramps up.

How do they work anyway? Is it all electric or does it burn fuel?

runs on derv , though if it fails to fire after three attempts they usually lock out and need resetting by workshop

Just been taking it to bits and it turns out some one has stole the brain out of the heater unit and also the glow plug has been removed but put it all the housing nicely back together, so it looks like its a trip down to the scrappers tomorrow for some bits!

Thanks for the help its much appreciated.

Mine keeps showing F15 it worked the week before last but not last week :frowning: I dont do nights out but i used it to dry my coat when it rains.Any ideas what F15 means :question:

BIGRIG:
Mine keeps showing F15 it worked the week before last but not last week :frowning: I dont do nights out but i used it to dry my coat when it rains.Any ideas what F15 means :question:

it means that you can drive at a top speed of Mach 1.2 (900 MPH) at low level or Mach 2.5 (1650+ MPH) at high level :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The fault code f15 is displayed, if the heater was switched back on after the fault
code display f17.
The hardware threshold value for the overheating sensor has been exceeded —>
the control box is locked

f17 The hardware threshold value for the overheating sensor has been exceeded,
because the control box failed to recognise the fault code f12 or f13 —> the
control box is locked.
If the heater is switched on again, the fault code f15 is displayed

BIGRIG:

The information you need is on page 20 and 21 and page 17 tells you how to reset on the bottom right of the page. Hope this helps.