Planners!!

Anyone else’s being a pain in the arse ? Discuss …

What’s the difference between an allocator, a router, a scheduler & a planner?

Probably all the same bunch of kids that have never seen a motorway before! :stuck_out_tongue:

Pimpdaddy:

An allocator says what you are doing, a router says in which way and a scheduler in what time and a planner usually works with a dartboard!
Single 1, treble 11, double 15 to finish which roughly works out at, load Trafford Park, tip Aberystwyth, load Rugby and back to Trafford Park. On a Friday. And do you want to work Sunday?

If you need a planner then you probably drive for Stobarts.
Learn the use of the word NO and you wont go far wrong.

Truckbling:
Learn the use of the word NO and you wont go far wrong.

I think it’s more fun to say yes then go zb the job up[emoji16]

I find that the tip times on our paperwork are bogus. Been to places for 8am only to be told by the goods in guy that I should of been there at 6am. Also been to places for 6am only to find they don’t get there till 9am. Most places I go for collections at least are regular so I know what hours they work, when they take lunch etc. No good turning up as they break for lunch!

Ours can very apologetic if we’re sent into 3 Lake District valleys in one day…“15 minutes” :stuck_out_tongue: between the arse-end of each one.

“Sorry, but we’ve only got flat maps here…” :unamused:

Radar19:
No good turning up as they break for lunch!

It can be, good excuse for some downtime…[emoji16]

Mine is great. And no, he’s not for sale… :laughing:

What happened to traffic clerks…they must have disappeared with log books

Our planner in his wisdom yesterday sent 1 lad for 3 shops in Carlisle then Bradford on crappy Friday while another went to Halifax and Keighley
Must be logic somewhere lol

No difference Allocator /Planner/Schedulers are the ones who believe everything the computer program tells him or her because you are the only vehicle on the road and theres no such thing as RTAs Roadworks Traffic lights.Nobody on the loading bay,multi bodies to unload /load you because,nobody has lunch breaks especially when you arrive as your priority.
They are also the one`s that con the gullible Drivers into believing everything he is given is possible,a lot believe it and then go hell for leather to achieve just for the brownie points

The wise old owls on here have it absolutely nailed. “it gets there when it gets there”. The only mantra you`ll ever need.

F-reds:
Mine is great. And no, he’s not for sale… :laughing:

Same here, he only started at our place in October last year but as he has done 20+yrs on the road he can be very useful when wanting directions. He may never of been to the particular scrapyard for example i want but he may have delivered to someone else in the industrial estate in previous jobs. Also he can gauge driving times better, we don’t have computer software routing at our place.

My planner is awesome. He plots the right routes everyday, makes the most efficient use of time, can reroute at a moments notice if something comes up like roadworks or RTA. He even often plans routes to take me right past a Starbucks or other food establishment so I can refresh myself.

Best of all, I can tell him to Go f himself as often as I like without repercussions.

Ahh, the joys of planning your own day…

All my work is trailer changes or 1 drop and 1 backhaul,the planners still ■■■■ that up,they are all fresh from uni with skin tight shirts and trousers ,brown pointy shoes and poofter haircuts,they spend nearly all shift playing on their phones in the smoke shed :wink:

That’s just as bad as being sent to somewhere for a reload to somewhere else in good knowledge that when you get to your tip with the reload that there is another load there to go else where, but when you get there you find that they have sent an empty motor in to pick up a load that you could pick up but then send you to pick up a load from else where but then have the nerve to have a go at you for not getting to your reload before they close for the day.
rearrange the following comes to mind
organise
a ■■■■ up
couldn’t
brewery
in a

Pimpdaddy:

An allocator is a big lizard with loads of teeth, a router is a computer thingy that makes the internet go, a scheduler is a stick for measuring sheds and a planner is one of those poster things with dates on (not the fruit kind). :confused:

Everyone’s a critic. All the drivers slagging planners then why not get in the office and show them.
Remember they have to often appease clients and suppliers as well as tell you where to be. There’s a fair bit of stress in that.
The company I am presently helping has had three bloody good drivers try to do it. They all went back on the road as its tougher than you think.
Remember also it’s not just a matter of miles there are so many aspects that you may not realise.