Pity

It’s always good to hear of folks passing tests. Brilliant in fact. But I think it’s a pity when we’ve had a week like last week where we’ve achieved 3 clean sheet passes, 2 of them from Trucknetters, and they haven’t let the world know of their success.

I understand that some people are private by nature but it would be good to encourage others to take the plunge.

Clearly no trainer minds being associated with this sort of success either, but that truthfully isn’t my motivation for this little ramble.

Maybe ROG should develop some special fireworks for the clean sheeters!

All the best to all training and testing this week, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Like that :question:

Only if it’s accompanied by the normal fireworks ROG!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Or this…

[Pointless sexist picture removed]

:smiley:

We’ve all got photos of your wife,she lets us take one after congratulating us on our pass. :laughing:

I see what your saying Pete but in the same vein wouldn’t you get a bit marked if everyone that failed with you posted up a thread that they failed using Peter Smythe driving school?!

ckm1981:
I see what your saying Pete but in the same vein wouldn’t you get a bit marked if everyone that failed with you posted up a thread that they failed using Peter Smythe driving school?!

Getting zero faults is a little special

I’m by no means a clean sheet example of passing my test, but one of the reasons I don’t feel encouraged to post anything on here, including my successes is the sexist and racist comments on this forum. It’s not exactly a welcoming atmosphere for a newbie.

Yoni:
I’m by no means a clean sheet example of passing my test, but one of the reasons I don’t feel encouraged to post anything on here, including my successes is the sexist and racist comments on this forum. It’s not exactly a welcoming atmosphere for a newbie.

Any examples?

TBH any pass irrespective of faults accompanied by a nice review about my company will suffice with me :smiley:

Paul :smiley:

Remember reading an article once about how less than 10% of people will go and tell someone if they had a good experience somewhere whether it be in a restaurant,day out,holiday ect.
But over 85% will tell someone of a bad experience they had,this may be where your issue is :smiley:

ckm1981:
But over 85% will tell someone of a bad experience they had,this may be where your issue is :smiley:

This is why us trainers have to maintain our high standards as e negative reviews on the Internet can be very damaging.

Paul :smiley:

ckm1981:

Yoni:

Any examples?

See comments/picture in this thread, or any of the threads on refugees. Also, general talk during my training among trainers/trainees. Even in my presence there seems to be no holding back in how some men talk sexist about women. Anyway, I didn’t expect to get into an industry waving the feminist flag or anything, still it’s shocking.

Yoni:
See comments/picture in this thread, or any of the threads on refugees. Also, general talk during my training among trainers/trainees. Even in my presence there seems to be no holding back in how some men talk sexist about women. Anyway, I didn’t expect to get into an industry waving the feminist flag or anything, still it’s shocking.

We let you vote what more do you want? :laughing:
That’s a joke btw :smiley: ,it’s something that society should of really grown out of by now,it’s a shame it still is rife in the UK.

:laughing:

ckm1981:

Yoni:

Any examples?

The Mod/Admin Team will remove anything that’s sexist or racist, so folks are invited to use the confidential ‘report’ button (that’s at the top of every post) to alert the Team to it. This shows up very quickly to Mods/Admins, so if there’s a need for action, it can happen fairly quickly…

We can’t read every post, so a little help would be err, hmmm… helpful. :smiley:

Peter Smythe:
But I think it’s a pity when we’ve had a week like last week where we’ve achieved 3 clean sheet passes, 2 of them from Trucknetters, and they haven’t let the world know of their success.

A line from an upcoming Romanian movie: “Since you’re such a true English gentleman that’s not shy of going on forum and posting such request for praise I tuly wish you, for the rest of your life, to have a chef coming out of each kitchen of each restaurant you dine, requesting you to praise him publicly and post it online.”

Point missed - probably deliberately! Trainers on here spend a fair bit of time sharing expertise and giving advice - totally free. Personally I spend a substantial amount of time on a daily basis responding to pm’s in order to help folks. And these people who have got problems are often mid-training with other providers - so clearly not going to be a customer of mine.

My point is that, having given the help, advice and encouragement (often privately) it would be gracious of them to mention that they’ve actually passed their test - especially with a clean sheet. The trainer sometimes isn’t mentioned and that is not the be all and end all. The same applies when folks get their first job - it’s brilliant to share the news.

It’s just that, in a world of doom and gloom, good news is always welcome.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

dieseldave:

ckm1981:

Yoni:

Any examples?

The Mod/Admin Team will remove anything that’s sexist or racist, so folks are invited to use the confidential ‘report’ button (that’s at the top of every post) to alert the Team to it. This shows up very quickly to Mods/Admins, so if there’s a need for action, it can happen fairly quickly…

We can’t read every post, so a little help would be err, hmmm… helpful. :smiley:

I must apologise if my attractive yet scantily clad young lady on clean sheets caused offence, nothing but mild humour and titilation was intended.

Perhaps new passes whether their sheets are clean or not could be given an incentive to post, perhaps a prize draw or even just a gentle nudge whilst their spirits are high.

As mentioned human nature leans more to the moan and whinge end of the emotion spectrum to tell others but I have seen many threads from new passes looking to take their next step with interviews and assesments and just general advice. Well thats untill they get caught up in the banter.

As someone who rarely has a clean sheet I would feel the need to tell everyone if such an event occured.