Pictures of the lorries you OWN

britladinspain:
01My toy!! :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one,britladinspain. :smiley: Looks like Welshboy’s old motor.When did you buy that?

bigr250:
Here’s one I’ve just bought;0

I’m off to pick it up on Tuesday.

Thats looks in great nick! are ye goin abroad to pick it up ? ye gonna put it on the road or use it for shows ?

Post some more pics if ye can!

pjldaf:
Here are a couple of pictures of my motor

nice, ex downtons, ye a new start ? tried to look at your web site but doesnt seem to be up and runnin ?

britladinspain:

where did you get that load of Swedish junk from then ?

routier:
Thats looks in great nick! are ye goin abroad to pick it up ? ye gonna put it on the road or use it for shows ?

Post some more pics if ye can!

Thanks for that, it is in remarkably original condition with hardly any rust and absolutely no rot. I flew out with my 10yr old son on Tuesday morning to Frankfurt, caught a train to Fulda then a bus to Eichenzel. The bus driver was a star, he asked where I was going so I showed him the address of the dealer and he (after dropping off the other passengers) dropped me at the door of the dealers and wouldn’t take any payment!!

The dealer sorted the temp’ registration and after fueling up I had to drive to Fulda for the ‘Toll Collect’ 97e!!! ninety seven EURO’S!!! If you haven’t done this before it’s meant to be simple, just touch the Union Jack on the screen and it all comes up in English, great, untill you try to pay with a card and the info for this is in German? Luckily the Shell garage in Frankfurter Str employes multi lingual staff :blush:

So, off we head into the night, unit only with 500 ‘horses’ on tap it was never going to feel the hills. We stopped just before Kassel to phone and book a ferry so made it a 45, we pressed on (not certain how far we’d get in the next 4 1/2 ) and through Dortmund, & on past Essen we made it into Holland via Venlo stopping at the Shell station 35k’s on for the Vignette. We had a quick bite to eat to waste the rest of the 45 then blasted on into the night Via Eindhoven, (into Belgium then) Antwerp, Gent & Brugge to France, then along the coast past Dunkerque onward to Calais by 02:15 only to find that the ferry hadn’t actully been booked for us :cry:

Off to bed for a few hrs and back on the phone at 8am (7am UK time) to sort the boat, and get in line for the 09:50 departure and back to the UK for a bit of a shock!! ‘Vostapo’ pulled me in the dock and thoughtfully issued me with a nice little prohibition for a whole in the exhaust and a few little bits like excessive brake travel on NSF & slight wear on the drag link end. Still, it doesn’t come into force untill Saturday so off we flew out of dover and homeward bound for Liverpool & home in time for tea.

As for the truck, a few small niggles like the heater fan works when it feels like and a dead night heater, the fuel guage & passenger side window don’t work but for a truck thats nearly 17yrs old that isn’t too bad in my eyes. In fairness to VOSA, the exhaust is knackered and has two holes big enough to get me hand in and this will need replacing in the immediate future. I’ve spent a couple of hrs today looking closely at the paintwork and other than the lower grille and headlight surrounds, it’s all totally original and never seen a spray gun since leaving the factory!! :sunglasses:

More on the project (including some more pic’s) soon.

Ross.

Ross

it looks superb, from what ye posted sounds as if it goes just as well. Theres bound to be a few things up , it is 17 yrs old!

97 euro!!! how far did ye travel for that ?

anyhow more about the beauty…

How did ye spot it for sale ? Did ye buy before inspection ? was it easy enough to do ? are you using it for work or shows ? ye not gonna put all that bling on it are ye ?

did ye come back unit only ?

what did ye do about registration plates / road tax/ insurance ? with it being foreign , was it easy enough to sort out ?

would love to get somethin like that…

i’ll be lookin out for ye around Liverpool!

routier:

pjldaf:
Here are a couple of pictures of my motor

nice, ex downtons, ye a new start ? tried to look at your web site but doesnt seem to be up and runnin ?

Its more or less finished now just a few more little finishing touches , i kept the downton colours and just made the most of what i had to work with pleased with it though nice tidy motor even if i do say so myself,

The website is just in the process of being built hopefully wont be too long off before its up and live,

routier:
Ross

it looks superb, from what ye posted sounds as if it goes just as well. Theres bound to be a few things up , it is 17 yrs old!

How did ye spot it for sale ? Did ye buy before inspection ? was it easy enough to do ? are you using it for work or shows ? ye not gonna put all that bling on it are ye ?

what did ye do about registration plates / road tax/ insurance ? with it being foreign , was it easy enough to sort out ?

I just trawled the internet, entered “Volvo F16 forsale” in Google and spent hrs searching and after months of this I spotted it on a German truck sales site. I got help at this point from a Trucknet member ‘BritPete’ who lives in Germany, he phoned the dealer for me and dicovered that he spoke great English, from there on it just fell into place. I did make a wasted journey to Paris to buy a 1989 F16 but when I got there the dogs had sold it, a 1,000 mile ‘fools errand’!! so it can also go very wrong!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I sent 1,000 Euro’s as a deposit & took the ballance in cash. So the worst that I’d loose if the truck had been a pup would be the deposit, but I’d have done my best to get most of it back. The dealer sorted a 5 day registration, including insurance this cost 200 Euro’s (including the plates) and was booked two working days before my arrival to start on the Tuesday.

Work it?? No chance, I packed haulage in back in 2006 and wouldn’t go back for a big clock, I will ‘do the truck show thing’ with it probably, I have a couple of mates into that scene and I’ll have to find something to do (if &) when I ‘pack in’ motorbike racing :unamused: Yes, it was dead simple and actually very easy, if a bit of a gamble given nowing nothing of the trucks history. It turns out that it’s only had one owner from new, a company in Slovenia who have clearly looked after it really well, it’s now at my place of work and about to be perpared for it’s first UK anual test in order to get it a UK registration.

The dealer I bought it from is in Eichenzell which was a 7hr 'planes, trains & automobiles trip, the return journey was a little over 1,100km’s without a (real) hitch, I’m certain had things gone wrong I might look back at the purchase in a slightly different light. (but so far, so good)

Ross.

here is mine

bigr250:

routier:
Ross

I just trawled the internet, entered “Volvo F16 forsale” in Google and spent hrs searching and after months of this I spotted it on a German truck sales site. I got help at this point from a Trucknet member ‘BritPete’ who lives in Germany, he phoned the dealer for me and dicovered that he spoke great English, from there on it just fell into place. I did make a wasted journey to Paris to buy a 1989 F16 but when I got there the dogs had sold it, a 1,000 mile ‘fools errand’!! so it can also go very wrong!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I sent 1,000 Euro’s as a deposit & took the ballance in cash. So the worst that I’d loose if the truck had been a pup would be the deposit, but I’d have done my best to get most of it back. The dealer sorted a 5 day registration, including insurance this cost 200 Euro’s (including the plates) and was booked two working days before my arrival to start on the Tuesday.

Work it?? No chance, I packed haulage in back in 2006 and wouldn’t go back for a big clock, I will ‘do the truck show thing’ with it probably, I have a couple of mates into that scene and I’ll have to find something to do (if &) when I ‘pack in’ motorbike racing :unamused: Yes, it was dead simple and actually very easy, if a bit of a gamble given nowing nothing of the trucks history. It turns out that it’s only had one owner from new, a company in Slovenia who have clearly looked after it really well, it’s now at my place of work and about to be perpared for it’s first UK anual test in order to get it a UK registration.

The dealer I bought it from is in Eichenzell which was a 7hr 'planes, trains & automobiles trip, the return journey was a little over 1,100km’s without a (real) hitch, I’m certain had things gone wrong I might look back at the purchase in a slightly different light. (but so far, so good)

Ross.

I saw you coming round the M25 in it near South Mimms and it does look nice.

A few of my toys…
Just bought 2 more V8 Scania’s. Photo’s to follow

Great motors Mr White… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

decent kit ye have there. a nice mixture, no mercs ?

where in Europe do you go ?

routier:

where in Europe do you go ?decent kit ye have there. a nice mixture, no mercs ?

No Mercs Im Afraid…

We Export hanging meat to, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Poland, We do a bit of UK work as well.
We are just in the process of getting the drivers Turkish visas, Hopefully we will be exporting british beef into Turkey by th

Volvofh16:
Great motors Mr White…

end of the month,

Thanks, I have got some good blokes that drive them trucks, Apart from the burgundy DAF 105, that is driven by a top lass !!!
I have got a few more tidy ones, I will upload when I get the chance

Vascoingles:

britladinspain:

where did you get that load of Swedish junk from then ?

Nice looking motor Ben, I certain Ive seen it before somwhere though :laughing: , how much was it?

WhiteWhiteWhite:

routier:

where in Europe do you go ?decent kit ye have there. a nice mixture, no mercs ?

No Mercs Im Afraid…

We Export hanging meat to, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Poland, We do a bit of UK work as well.
We are just in the process of getting the drivers Turkish visas, Hopefully we will be exporting british beef into Turkey by th

Volvofh16:
Great motors Mr White…

end of the month,

Thanks, I have got some good blokes that drive them trucks, Apart from the burgundy DAF 105, that is driven by a top lass !!!
I have got a few more tidy ones, I will upload when I get the chance

theres me thinkin the meat export trade was dying off!!!are there many meat exporters these days? ye been doin that long then?

ive seen a couple of ye motas kickin about , didnt realise ye had a few! ye been goin long then?

ye gonna start doin turkey? meat ? take it it will be halal…,

dye find it easy for ye backloads ?

i wish ye continued success, good to see somebody growing in these tough times…

routier:
theres me thinkin the meat export trade was dying off!!!are there many meat exporters these days? ye been doin that long then?

ive seen a couple of ye motas kickin about , didnt realise ye had a few! ye been goin long then?

ye gonna start doin turkey? meat ? take it it will be halal…,

dye find it easy for ye backloads ?

i wish ye continued success, good to see somebody growing in these tough times…

I’m Pete White (Transport Manager), My Dad is Ray White, Were a small family business running 18 Trucks, 5 V8 Scania’s, 3 Daf 105’s, 1 MAN, 1 x 660 FH16, 2 520 FH13 & 6 FH13 480, All on Digicard, 25 Chereau Meat Railers, Based in Gloucester, We Keep fairly busy,
There are a few meat hauliers still around and they also run good kit, Cloburn, P&C Hamilton, Davie Malcolm, Gilders, Eardley.
Turkey will be a new challenge for us, probably go via Italy / Greece, not too sure about Romania & Bulgaria…
We have been exporting meat for about 4 years, we took over RA Gander when they went skint and grew from there !!!
Worst thing about the meat industry is the phone ringing all through the night with problems when we tip the markets !!
It’s a tough industry but can’t be that bad or I wouldn’t be doing it !!!

WhiteWhiteWhite:
ye been doin that long then?

Ray (Dad) started as a Owner Driver in 1992, I started working for him in 2003 when we had 5 trucks. We went up to 30, slimmed down to 20 and recently sold a couple of 2005 FH12’s, which leaves us on 18, Any more than 20 and my head starts to explode, I plan all the work myself, Ray has a 2009 V8 R-620 that he drives because he doesn’t like being in the office, He is not well educated but likes to take a gamble and always goes with his instincts, He is in Milan tipping now, He is another boss that wouldn’t expect any driver to do something he hasn’t done or wouldn’t do. I would like to think all of my drivers speak highly of him. (not too sure about me, the TM always gets kicked to death) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

WhiteWhiteWhite:
ye been doin that long then?

Ray (Dad) started as a Owner Driver in 1992, I started working for him in 2003 when we had 5 trucks. We went up to 30, slimmed down to 20 and recently sold a couple of 2005 FH12’s, which leaves us on 18, Any more than 20 and my head starts to explode, I plan all the work myself, Ray has a 2009 V8 R-620 that he drives because he doesn’t like being in the office, He is not well educated but likes to take a gamble and always goes with his instincts, He is in Milan tipping now, He is another boss that wouldn’t expect any driver to do something he hasn’t done or wouldn’t do. I would like to think all of my drivers speak highly of him. (not too sure about me, the TM always gets kicked to death) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

sounds like a top firm.
i think the odd gamble, and trusting your instincts, is a pretty good way forward.
looks like you have a good setup, good work, good motors, and a good team of drivers, sounds spot on, good luck with the future.

Nice to hear a family business doing well for a change. I worked with Ray 20 yrs ago at Gullivers Transport Services. Ray was pals with Mark one of the Cardiff boys. I transferred from the transport side to truck rental manager in Cardiff. Seems like yesterday.

Pete, you may want to keep that bike close to the office, because when he gets home he will want to discuss the not well educated bit, lol.