Pickfords removal men on channel5 now

not a job id be intrested in doing, i must admit, but reasonably interesting to watch.

Definatly

i been watchin this as well, its hard old graft by the look of it. not normally something i would watch, but wednesday tv is rubbish, roll on august 14th and football back on the tv :smiley: :smiley:

Makes a ■■■■■■■ change from stobarts.

I worked for Pickfords for 11 years.
Hard work and I wouldn’t want to do it now but, i have fantastic memories of my time there.
Went all over the UK and Europe and didn’t take 1 photo. What a shame.

Having retired from Pickfords 5 years ago after a good few years working for them,i watched the episode a couple of weeks ago.on one job they had eight men working on a move,how could they make it pay when i think the job would have been priced for three men,and they cant be very busy to have 5 extra men free to come out and help on the job.

It’s less cringeworthy than steady Eddie

I must have been unfortunate. I have met several Pickfords and later Allied Pickfords drivers over the years, they all wanted to argue, get drunk and fight, either with each other or someone looking at them in the bars of Europe. It was one of the reasons I headed for places with no Brits.

At least when the Dutch or Austrians fell out they did it nicely :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I must have been unfortunate. I have met several Pickfords and later Allied Pickfords drivers over the years, they all wanted to argue, get drunk and fight, either with each other or someone looking at them in the bars of Europe. It was one of the reasons I headed for places with no Brits.

At least when the Dutch or Austrians fell out they did it nicely :laughing:

In my time there, travelling all over Europe, with all the different people i worked along side we never so much as had a raised voice.
Things must have changed in the past 16 years.
I only have good memories of my time at Pickfords/ Allied Pickfords.

I remember in the early 80’s being sent to deliver a piano to some lady’s house in Flore (Northants) with Gary Wykes (Now dead and gone RIP) we dropped the damm thing because my hands slipped and it fell down the stairs, lucky the lady was out in the garden and didnt see. We looked in the top to see a lot of hammers out of place and dragged the thing back up stairs again.
We returned to our depot and awaited the complaint :exclamation: … It never came so i can only assume she just kept it as a decorative item :laughing:
Stuff moving furnature.

I watched the first two and found them quite interesting but Jane Horrock’s voice is just too bloody annoying.

8wheels:
I watched the first two and found them quite interesting but Jane Horrock’s voice is just too bloody annoying.

X2 !!

i also watched it and as with trucks and trailers only shows the bits they want you too see its not that glamorous for sure im working for removal firmvia agency and its seriosly hard work we had to move a grand piano the other day and 4 of us struggled lol not fun but its work at the end of it

8wheels:

:smiley: X3

whats the program name?

Interesting that no one has slagged off a driver or pulled anyone up over procedures!!!

Or is that reserved for Stobart :imp:

dri-diddly-iver:
Interesting that no one has slagged off a driver or pulled anyone up over procedures!!!

Or is that reserved for Stobart :imp:

Probably because most of the ones on the Pickfords program aren’t complete tools, unlike the Stobart program which is full of drivers with their heads up their own arse constantly spouting out crap about how brilliant they are. FFS the Stobart drivers get all day to do a 50 mile round trip and you would think it was a matter of life or death. That bunch of fairies would be better on a stage as they are nothing but drama queens.

Can’t say I’ve noticed many procedure problems anyway, they get the job done with no complaining and without the need to keep telling everyone how difficult their job is. The Stobart big heads should take note for the next series.

It doesnt go back as far as the early 80s does it?
Cue driver . . . caught sort . . in the back of the van sqatting over an empty tea chest :confused:

Also there’s not a lot of driving shown in the program, it’s all about the packing and removing furniture from people’s houses. Also because they work as regular gangs, you see the real characters rather than a driver behind the steering wheel moaning or blowing his own trumpet.

8wheels:
Also there’s not a lot of driving shown in the program, it’s all about the packing and removing furniture from people’s houses. Also because they work as regular gangs, you see the real characters rather than a driver behind the steering wheel moaning or blowing his own trumpet.

as for the driving there is very little of normally so far most i done in a day was bath to cheltenham then across to windsor and back to bath the days driving dont even reach the first 4.5 hrs