Petition for banning lorries from overtaking!

lets start a petition so lorries can use the 3rd lane so we can get past the ■■■■ in a car hogging the middle lane doin 50mph with no idea whats goin on around them :smiley:

The whole problem is limiters

The public don’t understand, if your overtaking you can’t go any faster.

I’d like to see a petition making it illegal to sit in the middle lane

ajt:

The “whole problem” is drivers with this train of thought… :unamused:

ajt:

There is one so sign it :wink:

Middle lane motorway driving use

Many drivers display a bad habit of staying in the middle lane of the motorway despite the lane to their left being clear and available. This forces drivers wishing to pass them into the outer overtaking lane. The middle lane is I understand an overtaking lane. I would like to see this become an offence so as to remind and force people to stay in the inner lane unless overtaking. This will ease congestion and make the motorways safer.

tachograph:

ajt:

Many drivers display a bad habit of staying in the middle lane of the motorway despite the lane to their left being clear and available. This forces drivers wishing to pass them into the outer overtaking lane. The middle lane is I understand an overtaking lane. I would like to see this become an offence so as to remind and force people to stay in the inner lane unless overtaking. This will ease congestion and make the motorways safer.

Signed

Stop lorries blocking 2 lanes on motorways

Responsible department: Department for Transport

Between 8am and 6pm create a law that prevents lorries from overtaking on motorways and dual-carriage ways. Thus allowing general traffic to flow more freely, reducing congestion and preventing tailgating in the middle lane by lorries.

Do they mean lorries tailgating lorries or lorries tailgating cars?

If it’ the former then you will just get a solid line of lorries tailgating lorries in lane one.

If it’s the latter then it’s clearly not the lorries causing the hold up in lane two.

I think we should all vote yes to a lorry overtaking ban…give the public what they want, then watch everything ■■■■ up as everything struggles to join or leave a motorway…that’ll learn them!

How much time would the average car driver save getting to work as a result of banning lorries overtaking? 5 minutes? Well worth the expense of enforcing an overtaking ban. :unamused:

Seriously, given how busy the roads are in this country compared to most of Europe the best course of action is for the government to opt out of the EU limiter rules so we can go up to 60 like our own laws permit and be able to complete overtaking manouvres in a timely manner so we can just get on with things. Also ban companies from limiting their vehicles to less than the national limit.

rob22888:
How much time would the average car driver save getting to work as a result of banning lorries overtaking? 5 minutes? Well worth the expense of enforcing an overtaking ban. :unamused:

Seriously, given how busy the roads are in this country compared to most of Europe the best course of action is for the government to opt out of the EU limiter rules so we can go up to 60 like our own laws permit and be able to complete overtaking manouvres in a timely manner so we can just get on with things. Also ban companies from limiting their vehicles to less than the national limit.

But the problem with delimiting trucks is then how many british trucks would do 60mph on foreign roads instead of 90kph?..we’d then earn the same tarnished reputation as the irish :stuck_out_tongue:

Adam_Mc:

rob22888:

But the problem with delimiting trucks is then how many british trucks would do 60mph on foreign roads instead of 90kph?..we’d then earn the same tarnished reputation as the irish :stuck_out_tongue:

I can live with that.

Be a bit of extra revenue for our foreign friends anyway in speeding fines.

rob22888:

Adam_Mc:

rob22888:

I can live with that.

Well if you’re happy to pay the fines why just you just use a carefully placed magnet instead of writing posts on here? :stuck_out_tongue:

Adam_Mc:

rob22888:

Adam_Mc:

rob22888:

I can live with that.

Well if you’re happy to pay the fines why just you just use a carefully placed magnet instead of writing posts on here? :stuck_out_tongue:

I never said anything about being happy to pay fines, merely stated that our european neighbours would be likely to benefit from a few speeding british drivers.

Rob K:

ajt:

The “whole problem” is drivers with this train of thought… :unamused:

Care to elaborate ?

There’s 1.5 pages of petitions with only one signature. :open_mouth:

The amount of petitions that duplicate each other just goes to show how stupid these people are.

And if you look at the petitions with the most signatures then the argument over Capital Punishment holds 1st and 3rd places - but there’s more chance of our wonderful politicians having to debate the pros and cons of keeping Formula 1 on free to air TV, which has 6 months longer to run.

I despair at this country’s priorities. :unamused: :frowning:

Stan

I might start a petition to limit cars to 56mph :grimacing:

Terry T:

lol brilliant suggestion…only problem is I don’t want my car limited to 56mph :frowning:

Adam_Mc:

Terry T:

lol brilliant suggestion…only problem is I don’t want my car limited to 56mph :frowning:

Neither do I. Would be funny though, waving at Beemers and Audis as they desperately try to fight their way past you :grimacing:

Lets start a petition to ban all cars carrying less than 3 people of motorways and dual carrigeways.
Another one, to ban lorries from delivering new cars to dealers so the lorry hating muppets have to go to the docks to collect them, then they can scream how inconvienient it is. When are these muppetsgoing to realise that every single thing they touch and buy arrived there by a lorry. :imp:

dowahdiddyman:
Lets start a petition to ban all cars carrying less than 3 people of motorways and dual carrigeways.

How will we all get to work :confused:

tachograph:

ajt:

I thought the police were catching people for dangerous or inconsiderate driving or something similar for middle lane hogging? Or have the fairies been telling me stories again?