Petition for banning lorries from overtaking!

Hi all,

I have been looking on the new government website where people can start a petition and if there are over 100,000 votes then the issue will be eligible for debate in parliment.
I can’t believe there are 4 or 5 petitions created to ban lorries from overtaking each other on motorways and dual carriageways as they say we are the cause of queuing and slow moving traffic!!
Some people just aint got a [zb] clue!!!

Take a look…

epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitio … state=open

Click on the petition and it gives you the reasons from the creator for starting the petition.

Sorry all, just found another post about this subject!!! :blush:

Car drivers add more time onto my day than lorry drivers, FACT :wink:
Lets ban car drivers from the motorway when there has been an accident :wink: wont have to sit in the miles and miles of queues due to the car drivers slowing down to rubberneck :smiley: Also ban car drivers from using there cars for travelling to and from work, it causes to much congestion and slows me down. I could go on forever about how car drivers slow me down :laughing:

I probably over take more cars than i do lorries, seriously! :laughing:

Driv3r:
Hi all,

I have been looking on the new government website where people can start a petition and if there are over 100,000 votes then the issue will be eligible for debate in parliment.
I can’t believe there are 4 or 5 petitions created to ban lorries from overtaking each other on motorways and dual carriageways as they say we are the cause of queuing and slow moving traffic!!
Some people just aint got a[zb] clue!!!

Take a look…

Click on the petition and it gives you the reasons from the creator for starting the petition.

Signed.

Rob K:

Driv3r:
Hi all,

Take a look…

Signed.

:laughing: :laughing:
Lorry lane, BMW lane and fast lane :exclamation:
It’s brilliant.
Should start a petition about keeping lorries out of cities and towns while ‘normal’ people are awake too. :laughing:

Car drivers are so naive, 31million cars on the road and about 450,000 lorries yet lorries are the cause of all the congestion :laughing:
How come I can do my run 25mins quicker at night when there are sod all cars on the road and just a few less lorries? surely I should be doing it in the same time as I do in the day if it is lorries that slow everyone down?

Driv3r:
Hi all,

Take a look…

While I doubt anything will ever come of it if it was to become a new law I hope they’d also ban companies from limiting there Lorry’s to 50mph!!!

Also I wish they’d get rid of the overtaking ban’s on a few dc’s around as they cause everything to slow down! I went through one the other day and there was 9 Lorry’s bottle necked together going up the hill and then once the overtaking ban finished it took about 8-9 miles before everyone had finished overtaking each other and that must of caused miles of slow moving traffic where as if there had been no ban there would of been no hold up’s as the lighter wagons would of flown past the fully laden one in front :unamused:

Just had a look through the list of petitions. It says something for how much a waste of time and money this exercise is, when about 50 people sign up for bringing back hanging for terrorists and murderers, yet nearly 2000 sign up to keep F1 on BBC :unamused: What an utter waste of space.
Lets start a petition to keep cars off the road during rush hour, that will stop congestion, reduce pollution, and save wear and tear on the road network! :laughing:

Perhaps a petition can be set up to stop car drivers pootling along at 48mph on the Motorway, seemingly desperate to save themselves an eggcup full of fuel every week.

I’ve just started 2 petitions, one to abolish the DCPC, and the other to ban cars from motorways during the rush hour! :laughing:
They will be online in a day or two, so hope you will all sign them!

Why is it that this crap always gets raised, free the motorways up by keeping lorries in lane one, the result of course would be that a lot of the time no cars would be able to get onto or off the motorways :unamused:

Stop lorries blocking 2 lanes on motorways

Responsible department: Department for Transport

Between 8am and 6pm create a law that prevents lorries from overtaking on motorways and dual-carriage ways. Thus allowing general traffic to flow more freely, reducing congestion and preventing tailgating in the middle lane by lorries.

And this:
Why should 70 plus drivers have a modified test there’s bloody millions of drivers on the roads so why favour about 70 of them :open_mouth:

Compusary driving tests for 70 plus drivers

Responsible department: Department for Transport

A modified driving test for 70 plus drivers to asess their practical and general knowledge of the highway code in relation to modern day driving requirements. The test could be modified to a shortened version of the test and could taken by retired driving instructors, and at a reduced test fee rate, and candidates using their own cars.

Lets start a petition for road charging for cars only, peak times £5 a mile :grimacing:

Bring it on!! If there that [zb] dumb :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Lines of slow moving lorries in the first lane :wink:
Brilliant idea

■■■■ that would be pretty handy for the enviroment chugging up a steep bank in ? say 4th low fuel consumption would be horrendous oh hang on more fuel burnt more tax for ■■■■ ■■■■ turpin.rant over.

Pity folk didn’t have more important things to have a petition for like the return of the cardboard tray you got inside a bounty bar or bringing back swisskit bars or televisions night closedown dot. :slight_smile:

If people didn’t sit bang on their limiters and left a little in reserve then petitions like this wouldn’t appear, along with silly overtaking bans.

I sugest we have a trial For one month. No overtaking, no pulling out into lane 2 to let cars on (let trucks on :wink: ) etc etc, and publicise it on the news about all the congestion caused etc. Most drivers are paid by the hour, so a few hours extra a week won’t hurt… lol

NB

Driv3r:
Hi all,

Some people just aint got a[zb] clue!!!

Take a look…

Signed

Sent from my day off using Tapatalk

Why dont they ban all vehicles from the motorway, no congestion so no problem :slight_smile: