Peterborough open day - free

Just to let you good folks know we’re holding a free Open Day at our Peterborough site on Sat Sept 20th 1000 - 1600. We will have trucks incl artic and a bus for anyone to “have a go” especially at the reversing. Postcode is PE7 3PX.

More details on our website or give us a call. Look forward to seeing some of you there - make yourself known. Always good to put a face to a name.

BTW, discounts to Trucknet users - so don’t forget to mention you saw it on here!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Made sticky to give everybody a chance to see this great offer. dd.

Sounds fun. I might show up even though it’s a long way, because I could do with some practice reversing an artic (I didn’t pick this up very well when I tried training on one, then passed on a drawbar). Cheaper than paying £££ for an extra lesson or chancing it when I have to do it for a job. What make/model of artic is it?

MAN TGS with 13.6m curtainside tri-axle trailer. And you’re welcome to take advantage of the offer.

■■■■ I’ll be away that week

I hope you have a good day Pete and the weather stays fine and most of all people respect your open day for what it’s intended for.

Paul :smiley:

What’s your Website Peter

T’is on my signature - but just in case - www.truckdrivertraining.co.uk

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you Peter, I’m using tap talk app so don’t see signatures. [WHITE SMILING FACE]

I’m using tap talk app so don’t see signatures

Far too technical for me!

Any plans to do one at Mansfield?

Any plans to do one at Mansfield?

Mansfield is one long open day! Anyone is welcome to come and have a look around and, with a provisional licence, have a go. That’s the only real difference. PB has an enormous off road area (a runway) whereas Mansfield has a reversing area and not much else though it is a private driving test centre.

Have experienced both of Pete’s locations and both are top notch.

Am very interested in this open day and may even talk the mother-in-law’s new fella into popping along too as he’s considering upgrading from the 7.5t roll he has at the moment on (great) grandfather’s rights.

Looking forward to having a go on the bendy truck :smiley:

Thanks for the kind words and look forward to meeting you on the day.

Will you need to show a provisional licence at PB as I’ve just sent mine off to DVLA!

Cheers,

Mark

Cheers Peter, tapatalk is a very good app if you use a few forums, you get them all in one place. Had a look at you site for the address and your sadly miles away from me. Bit I hope your open day goes well and is enjoyed by all.

markc1290:
Will you need to show a provisional licence at PB as I’ve just sent mine off to DVLA!

Cheers,

Mark

gov.uk/view-driving-licence
What does it say online about your entitlements and could you access that when at PB :question: :question:

No need for provisional at PB as all on private land.

Nice one Rog, there’s a website for everything these days!

Thanks Pete too.

Just to be clear, anyone wanting to try reversing etc at the Open Day does not need a licence as it is private land. But, if you wish to do similar at Mansfield, a provisional licence is required. Although that is also private land it is a stipulation on our insurance that a licence must be held.

Hope this helps and look forward to seeing loads of you there.

Do u have postcode plz x