Peterborough hauliers

Found this today. The company has been mentioned before, but I believe this is the 1st photo we’ve come across.

Found this one somewhere on the internet.
Box-O-Freight for dobbin.

Another shot of one of Reads removal vans.
If I remember correctly, it was the biggest cube van in the area when it was bought.

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1597.JPG

ERF:

Never heard of this one ERF.

Here’s another new one…

gb1:

ERF:

Never heard of this one ERF.

I vaugely remember them, but I don’t think they were around long.

A new Mid Anglia Foden S10 ‘Fleetmaster’ on the Peterborough Engineering Company stand at the East of England show…

Foden.jpg

bubbleman:
Hello ERF,this is all I have of the AEC,wish I took it now :unamused:

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

with that green stripe round the middle is that shunter ex pointers■■?

image.png
13448217963_92ac0dbfeb_c.jpg
IMG_1705.JPG

gb1:
Now, i’m not sure about this one. The photo’s not very clear, but I reckon the signwriting at the bottom of the door says Peterborough.
So, if anyone can confirm that, and give me the name of the haulier, that would great.

She’d fit in with Trev Glovers a treat

the old timer:

bubbleman:
Hello ERF,this is all I have of the AEC,wish I took it now :unamused:

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

with that green stripe round the middle is that shunter ex pointers■■?

No - it was always the livery used by Contractors Ltd., the sister company of Peterborough Heavy Haulage.
Their AEC’s were more yellow in colour than the cream of Pointer, who tended to favour Leyland vehicles.

coomsey:

gb1:
Now, i’m not sure about this one. The photo’s not very clear, but I reckon the signwriting at the bottom of the door says Peterborough.
So, if anyone can confirm that, and give me the name of the haulier, that would great.

Reckon you’re right. From Leicester area I believe.
As i’d said, the photo was’nt very clear, so difficult to make out the signwriting. Still think there was someone in the Peterborough area (Maxey strikes a note) that operated a similar Foden.

gb1:

IMG_1705.JPG

This Foden S60 is MYG 246J and it was operated by Anthony Grange of Deeping St James.
He bought it second hand, I’m not sure where from.

gb1:

coomsey:

gb1:

Reckon you’re right. From Leicester area I believe.
As i’d said, the photo was’nt very clear, so difficult to make out the signwriting. Still think there was someone in the Peterborough area (Maxey strikes a note) that operated a similar Foden.

Yes GB1 Coleorton ran 10 or so barring that ERF a new Foden a year, S60not his though. Nice colours I’ve always thought

ERF:

gb1:

This Foden S60 is MYG 246J and it was operated by Anthony Grange of Deeping St James.
He bought it second hand, I’m not sure where from.

Thankyou ERF.

gb1:
Found this one somewhere on the internet.
Box-O-Freight for dobbin.

I POsted that one lol its my Dad and little brother

Back in the mid 70’s to the early 80’s I worked for Reads of Peterborough. They had a sizeable fleet at the time, from ■■■■■■ vans up to Transcontinentals, and did work rangeing from parcels to removals to international/ME haulage. Although the name is still alive, it’s no longer under family ownership. Just wondered if anybody else remembers them, or any of the other hauliers from the area. Walkers, J&E Kenny, Taylors of Ailsworth, T for Transport, Peterborough Heavy Haulage, Box-o-Freight are the ones that come immediately to mind, although there were many others of course.

I remember the names gb1. This Box-O-Freight 111 was parked up in Bedford.

I remember the names gb1. This Box-O-Freight 111 was parked up in Bedford.