Peterborough hauliers

Checkout the size of the mirrors,when compared to today’s mirrors!

David

Couple of shots of the Sellers&Batty fleet.

Guess this was before they became ERF agents.

LB76:
Bill%27s photos002.jpg
Wonder if anyone can recall these, Operated out of Earith , Hunts. and ran by Stan Marshall did mostly Minnaar’s work and went tramping on general when that was quiet. Had 3 Guy Big ‘J’ ‘s all with Gardner 180’s’’ several Guy 4 wheelers , a Dodge 4 wheeler , Dodge artic with a perkins V8, BMC with a Perkins V8,then went over to 1418 Mercs.

Just seen LB76’s post
I bought one of Stan Marshall’s 1418s, CFL 596k in 73/74

Put a lot of miles on it doing Middle East virtually trouble free apart from so painfully slow on hills,
pic below shows it at Astrans Yard in Doha

5thwheel:
Checkout the size of the mirrors,when compared to today’s mirrors!

David

They’re alright as long as they’re convex, useless if they’re flat uns!
Bernard

Shown this one before, but found the advertisement on a ‘Peterborough Memories’ site, so thought it might be interesting to put the 2 together.

A few from P.C. Howard…

PETERBOROUGH 58.jpg

Don’t think we’ve had anything from Frisby’s before.

Whilst not strictly a haulier, Adcocks, who were the local ‘pop merchants’ , ran a smart fleet.

These are from LBCSteve’s Flikr site. Well worth a look, especially for Peterborough Heavy Haulage and London Brick Co. vehicles.

[attachment=2]16666051144_bbd1513189_o.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]17100927768_ed9802bf80_o.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]17262081776_68c352f49e_o.jpg[/attachment]

Anyone got any info on K.M. Clarke & Sons ?

Another one from LBCSteve.

14517628973_337dc3c519_o.jpg

Nice shot of a couple of Kenny’s lorries, again from LBCSteve’s collection.

Fantastic pic of Ron Bass & his trusty old Leyland.

Spent a lot of time working with Ron out of Bullimores quarries around 1983-85. One of the best.

scabinacab:
Fantastic pic of Ron Bass & his trusty old Leyland.

Spent a lot of time working with Ron out of Bullimores quarries around 1983-85. One of the best.

It’s very rewarding to unearth photos that other people can relate to. I’m sure there’s lots of other photos out there that are waiting to be revealed or ‘rediscovered’.
I’ve even found companies that i’d not even heard of!
Thankyou to all who have taken the time and effort to add to this topic. I’d love to see more photos of Reads of Peterborough vehicles if anyone has any.

Speaking of companies i’d never heard of, here’s one … NOMAD.

The 2nd and 3rd photos are from their Facebook site. Their webpage gives some quite interesting destinations.

Now, i’m not sure about this one. The photo’s not very clear, but I reckon the signwriting at the bottom of the door says Peterborough.
So, if anyone can confirm that, and give me the name of the haulier, that would great.

Not sure but looks like it says anthony v grange… I can recall that name from somewhere…

Like the shot of the P C HOWARD erf a series in your previous picture - what a cracker…

I believe the Nomad Daf has been replaced by a newer orange Daf XF105, nomad operate out of united overseas old depot…

Cheers

There is a A v grange light haulage listed on the spalding road and established 1973 so could be a link to the foden

Dads old Scania 111 VAV301S Box O Freight From Thorney Peterborough.
If Anyone has any other photos of Box O Freight it would be great to see them.

Parked up in Bedford Circa 1980’s
Dads Scania 111 in Bedford.jpg

Found these on Facebook.

dobbin15:
Dads old Scania 111 VAV301S Box O Freight From Thorney Peterborough.
If Anyone has any other photos of Box O Freight it would be great to see them.

Parked up in Bedford Circa 1980’s

1484415169099-1575775994.jpg
Found this on the internet dobbin.