peter the plater

Welcome back Roger, Just a little dry sense of humour……

You left the “A” out of meant……Oh well is two words and not one… and there is a double “L” in allowed not one………

Good to see you back, as you WAS before… ha ha

ah Foxy

You should know that balding bad tempered grumpy EX hairy a–ed getting fat ,heart attack, material ME truck drivers can’t spell,I fit two parts of this statement the loss of hair is one :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Roger

Roger how do you become EX hairy a**ed, you’ve not had a crack and sack have you?

Chazzer

Don’t know how I did that looks good though ,no still got it there but lack it on the brain box,

Roger

sinbin31:
Well Well Steve,

That was a bigger mouthfull than I put down it WAS ment as a joke but it seems to have backfired,Ohwell nevermind,my dry sense of humour as I am not alowed beer any more as the belly is growing, and Im not a grumpy old man far from it , I will have to choose my words carefully from now on.

Roger

Roger, do you mean you were joking me :open_mouth: .
Well I fell for that one hook, line, sinker and supermarket trolly :astonished: .
You are not posting under the name of Volvo Boy as well are you :confused: .
Regards Steve.

We appear to have lost contact with Peter Wall and have lost the thread on this one. Maybe due to the minor verbal altercations regarding grammatical corrections taking place over the last week, I do trust that this has not caused Peter to give up on this site.

Location……Telex Motel down town Ankara…Peter wall got into a verbal altercation with a German driver. Peter ordered his dinner and as the food arrived at his table the German driver walked over and doused Peter’s dinner in ketchup… Peter looked at the German and said “We use far more ketchup than that where I come from boyo” and promptly added more ketchup, then ate the food.
The highlight of the evening came when the Germans food arrived……Peter went to the Germans table and dropped his zip……From this point on you will have to use your imaginations……However it did end up with Peter asking the German “Don’t you have the stomach for it boyo”

Hi Steve, (mushroomman)

I have to agree with your sentiments entirely, if I had to worry about spelllling or grammer I wouldn’t write a word, “it just don’t matter!”

I have had nothing but positive response to my modest short story, there might be some inaccuracies but not as far as I know.

I stressed out a little about the bit at the end where I talk about the time the trailer dropped off the back of the DAF on Mont Cenis , Tony Febland didn’t believe me at the time, instead he accused me of going on the ■■■■ for two days, just a shame I didn’t have my camera with me, on the same subject I must say I was expecting comments like " did you forget to use the safety clip" but no not one! maybe I did forget and for that reason I nearly decided to omit the whole thing from the story but in the end I decided that I would just tell it as it was.

Are we not a little long in the tooth to be worrying about petty issues, we were modern day pioneers for gods sake and I for one am proud of it and will shout my stories from the roof tops if I fancy!

Publish and be damned

Cheers for now

John (Mackers)

Be yourself, it’s what you do best
quote=“mushroomman”]Roger, I really can’t understand why you spend so much time dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s. We all know that you did the job for many years so why don’t you use your time more constructively and share some of your experiences with all of us. Is it because it’s so easy to keep saying bullpoo all the time but it’s a lot harder to justify any statement that you don’t agree with and if it’s something that you have never heard of before it doesn’t mean it’s not true.
I have been for sometime now in touch with three bus pass holders who did the Middle East in the 70’s, they have all told me on more than one occasion how much that they enjoy reading most of the stories on these sites. A lot of these stories they can relate to as they have also been in similar positions themselves many years ago. No doubt that the names of some of the places that are mentioned on here brings back memories to anybody who were lucky enough
( or unlucky enough ) to have been to them.
I have asked them to share their stories but as they don’t wish to be ridiculed if they get the date wrong or a border crossing incorrect two of them have declined to submit anything. In my opinion it’s a shame because these fellows experiences will be lost forever. Everybody is not as technically minded as you Roger one of these old fellows finds it a lot easier to phone me than it is to e-mail me. I know of four ex Middle East guys who I used to work with who are Trucknet members and read these posts regularly.
I wonder how many other old Middle East fellows are out there lurking :unamused: .
Obviously we don’t all become grumpy old men overnight, some of us have had years of experience.

Regards Steve.
[/quote]

ok it seems im in the dog house bye bye all have a happy life

Roger

sinbin31:

Roger

Not in the kennel with me bud…Just wanted us all to get back to the focus being on Peter Wall as after all that is the thread :laughing:

sinbin31:

Roger

Roger, why on earth should you be in the dog house, I dont think that I can remember a time when another driver couldn’t join a bunch of drivers who were enjoying themselves. Unless somebody wanted to fly solo or run 24/7 they were usually always made welcome. so come back, park ya bum and ask George to get another round in,
it’s your shout :wink: .

Regards Steve.

Location……London Road Camping uptown Istanbul….time…. just after I got married.

Took the Mushroomlady with me on a trip to Turkey, booked a room in the hotel for three nights and on the Friday night we decided to have a very early night. I had received my telex to say that I had to load at the Honey Factory in Bucharest on the Monday. Shortly after this incident the Honey Factory was knocked down and Nicolae Ceaucescu built his Presidential Palace on top of it.
Saturday morning we got up and were having some breakfast in the restaurant and in came Peter and Dennis Mc Carthy from Hick’s and John Bruce from Astran on their way back from somewhere sandy. Peter had just received his telex and he was also loading at the Honey Factory on the Monday. Peter had seen my truck and wondered where I was and asked what we had got planned for the day. I told him we were going to get a taxi into Istanbul and have a quite day sightseeing. What a great idea he said, we will all come with you :open_mouth: .
We stood outside the reception and Peter spoke to the taxi driver in Turkish and they agreed on a price for us to go to The Pudding Shop. Off we went in this little Anadolu ? taxi, not the big old America Domus type. Peter got in the front with his knees sticking up above the dashboard and he had to bow his head forward a little bit. Brucyboy, Dennis and myself squeezes into the back with Christine sat on my knee, every time we went over a small bump you could hear the wheels touching the bottom of the car. After about ten minutes Peter and the taxi driver start arguing, we can’t understand a word that they are on about so we let them get on with it. Then the shouting started getting louder and they were poised to slap each other, the taxi driver slams on the brakes and Peter say’s out, every body get out. We all do as we are told and we haven’t a clue what’s going on but still the shouting and the arm waving carries on :confused: .
It was when they were building the duel carriage into Istanbul and the road was covered in a thick dust. Every time a Tonka went past we got covered in a layer of dust and Dennis asked Peter what was going on. Peter said that they had agreed a price before we set off and now he is telling me that he is going to charge us more money.
The thoughts that I had about half an hour before of a romantic lunch in a nice fish restaurant by the sea were quickly diminishing :unamused: . After a few more minutes of them arguing and with us all standing in the hot sun getting covered in more dust, Peter said it’s O.K. all get back in the taxi its been resolved now :slight_smile: .
Off we go again, the Marlboro are passed around and Peter explains that it is going to cost us about a quid more because of the extra passenger. The driver who is by now a very happy Turk :smiley: only gave us a price for four people. Peter :smiley: and the driver :smiley: are now the best of friends, each one takes turns of having a laugh then they pat each other on the back. When we arrive outside The Pudding Shop, Peter and the driver spend five minutes calling each other El Kadash or something like that which I think means Big Brother ( is that the right spelling Peter ? ) and there is much hand shaking and laughter and we all stand there wondering what the bloody hell are they talking about :confused: .
The rest of the day was spent sightseeing and laughing with John and Peter showing us some amazing places and sharing their very interesting knowledge of Istanbul.
We returned to The Londra Camp about nine o’ clock that night absolutely knackered, it was one of the best days that I ever had as a driver and one that Chris and I will never forget thanks to these guys :smiley: :laughing: :slight_smile: :smiley: .

Regards Steve.

Beware there may be lurkers about or even Platers :wink: .

Excellent, Steve.

Peter WAS truly a lovely guy to be with and probably still IS…If I recall his command of Turkish was very good and I understand he now lives there…

Very good Steve, can we have some more please

Regards

John

Hello Peter Wall esquire, you are a drver in a million and its nice to know that you are still O.K. how come you are living in Turkey, or did they put you in the jug and lost the key?, But peter you and I had some terrific times together, whenever we met, and we could tell some lovely tales, I am long retired now and putting my feet up and letting life go by gracefully, I would come and see you if you still had the pub in dover on western dock, lots of water has gone under the bridge and all the best of everything to you. Keep the thread going. John Bruce.

peter the plater:
hello everybody who knew mw but mayby thought i was deaded,i aint .and am enjoying life in living in turkey,bin ere 5 yrs now,an bin reading this forum for a few months but cudnt seem too get accepted ,i know by the forum theres a lot of u i know but your using dif names ,so looking forward to chatting .peter wall

hi peter its martyn moulsdale hows things with you ■■? did you see the pics ron put on hear /its a long time back went out wiv some of the old lads last xmas over daventry next time your over from tr give us a bell and we will get togeather you still got my number?

poundstrecher:

peter the plater:
hello everybody who knew mw but mayby thought i was deaded,i aint .and am enjoying life in living in turkey,bin ere 5 yrs now,an bin reading this forum for a few months but cudnt seem too get accepted ,i know by the forum theres a lot of u i know but your using dif names ,so looking forward to chatting .peter wall

hi peter its martyn moulsdale hows things with you ■■? did you see the pics ron put on hear /its a long time back went out wiv some of the old lads last xmas over daventry next time your over from tr give us a bell and we will get togeather you still got my number?

Allo Peter & Martin it’s Panch (birds) hope you both ok.
Ronnie told me your were living in Turkey, i’ve been reading the threads on here about what you dessert boys got up to. Just wish somebody was still going because i’d definately be up for it.
I’ve seen them pics mart & laughed when i saw you on them, you look exactly the same apart from longer hair & ronnie looks like he’s lost a pound & found a penny. lol.
speak to you both later
Panch (Andy)