PETER ROFF

Just the one, Buzzer

Just dug out some old photos from my days driving for Peter
Peter Roff subby Bobby (BigWheels) Wyatt.

K7 Rof

P7 Rof and K2 Rof

PR1100 on route to Hamburg

Typical weeks groupage load

Terry McMurray ex Peter Roff driver - starting out as an O/D

K7 ROF is now run by T S Transport from dundee scotland it’s now red and looking very smart

We’ve got H7 ROF

Apparently, he used to be known as “Bugger” Roff.

that there looks like a right finger trapper :slight_smile:

Banned now under H&S I bet

hi do you have any more photos of peter roffs of the fleetwood volvo.

Took these pics last January cant remember where, was talking to the driver its certainly a tidy truck.

Didnt realize it was one of yours harry

She is carrying sheds and trellis and this photo will have been taken while delivering at Wickes or Homebase or somesuch?

We backload this stuff regularly out of Eardisley in Herefordshire for Mervyn Thomas who are as decent a bunch of blokes as you could ask to meet.

The F16 is still a working truck although she only does a couple of days a week nowadays. In the past I have driven her to Malaga and she just snorts up them mountains!

1volvo1:
hi do you have any more photos of peter roffs of the fleetwood volvo.

[/quote]

great pics want an f16 of my own one day.

Peter Roffs fleet, what superb looking trucks, 1980’s livery at its very best :sunglasses:
The kind of condition ive always kept my own vehicles…
Ref H7 ROF, brings back memories of my old F16. Used to run regularly to southern Spain tipping at Madrid, Cerveta Velez, Torrox, Torremelinos and various other places along the Costa del sol.
And yes, that 16 made short work of any gradient, never mind changing down, just squeeze the pedal a little further… :sunglasses::wink:

Buzzard Boy. Those N&Q trucks belonged to Colin Smith iirc, they used to park in Pete Roffs yard before mooving up onto the industrial estate up the road. Colin used to sub for Peter when he had his old 141, driven by one Stevie Pearce. I drove the A reg 142 for a very short time {3 weeks} before falling out with Pete. After finishing with Pete I started up on my own doing Spain. Allways got on ok with Pete after working for him though.

Niko:
Buzzard Boy. Those N&Q trucks belonged to Colin Smith iirc, they used to park in Pete Roffs yard before mooving up onto the industrial estate up the road. Colin used to sub for Peter when he had his old 141, driven by one Stevie Pearce. I drove the A reg 142 for a very short time {3 weeks} before falling out with Pete. After finishing with Pete I started up on my own doing Spain. Allways got on ok with Pete after working for him though.

Steve Pierce of S&J Pierce fame, or the other one who hails from Milton Keynes and used to have 3 Globetrotter’s subbing for Sibley’s??

S&J Pierce fame, RPL is Pete Locket I think. He also worked for Pete.

Yeah, RPL is Lockett, and your quite right he worked for Peter Roff too… Hence his obsession with Blue and White Trucks and Cleanliness!!

(To be fair that statement isnt strictly true, it was Blowmocan who were Blue and White and RPL ran in there colours for a few years before changing)

BuzzardBoy:
Yeah, RPL is Lockett, and your quite right he worked for Peter Roff too… Hence his obsession with Blue and White Trucks and Cleanliness!!

(To be fair that statement isnt strictly true, it was Blowmocan who were Blue and White and RPL ran in there colours for a few years before changing)

Shame about his Polish drivers then, I got stuck in the drivers waiting room at fenny Lock with a few of them & they all smelled like a wet dog :open_mouth:

Go on Orys, your turn :laughing: :laughing:

Well your right there mercman, most easties seem to have a touch of rabies about them, ie scared of water. or should that be soap and water!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:
She is carrying sheds and trellis and this photo will have been taken while delivering at Wickes or Homebase or somesuch?

We backload this stuff regularly out of Eardisley in Herefordshire for Mervyn Thomas who are as decent a bunch of blokes as you could ask to meet.

The F16 is still a working truck although she only does a couple of days a week nowadays. In the past I have driven her to Malaga and she just snorts up them mountains!

I am a really sad ■■■■■■■ now, but i actually know the Wickes Store it is delivering to in these photos… :blush:

I am pretty ■■■■ its the one in Maidstone just off the funny roundbabout/one way system by the river…

Anoarak taken off now… :blush:

Ignore this, wrong thread!!!