PETER ROFF

BuzzardBoy:
I am a really sad [zb] now, but i actually know the Wickes Store it is delivering to in these photos

St Peter’s Street.

truckerash:

what a beautiful sight to see them stacks with no deflector kit :sunglasses: you could tell one of his a mile off with them twin towers shining at ya :laughing: :sunglasses:

It’s almost impossible to imagine these days going in to work all day Saturday for no wages just to wash your lorry.

going in on a saturday was all part of the job. if you did’nt like that you did’nt
go for a job there. my way of looking at the cleaning side of working there
was that the equipment was like a race horse and you do’nt treat them like donkeys.but driving down to dover on a sunday morning in a spotless
top of the range motor always put a smile on my face. :smiley: :smiley:

Lord Loopy:
going in on a saturday was all part of the job. driving down to dover on a sunday morning in a spotless
top of the range motor always put a smile on my face. :smiley: :smiley:

was it a 7 days a week job? :confused:

No, because we had 25 hours in each day and 8 days in a week :wink:

Just looking at this page and came across an old face from the past,well not so old in that picture lol. A driver called Martin Hampton,well i think that’s his second name ?. He is the one stood in between the two units in the second picture of cleaning. He moved from Vnsm Seatrans in Milton Keynes to Roffs.I believe he was trying to move to the States in the late eighties. I wonder whether he made it lol.

cockney:
Just looking at this page and came across an old face from the past,well not so old in that picture lol. A driver called Martin Hampton,well i think that’s his second name ?. He is the one stood in between the two units in the second picture of cleaning. He moved from Vnsm Seatrans in Milton Keynes to Roffs.I believe he was trying to move to the States in the late eighties. I wonder whether he made it lol.

No he didnt, I worked with him at RPL in 2001, he then left there when NR Evans were paying silly money to do f*ck all, The story goes he got a kick in on the A1 one night as he was mistaken for someone else, left there, and then worked for a Farmer in Oxford with an R500 doing livetstock on Day work only…

Harry Monk:

BuzzardBoy:
I am a really sad [zb] now, but i actually know the Wickes Store it is delivering to in these photos

St Peter’s Street.

That’d be the one Mr. Monk… :wink:

They must have been tasty as martin was no push over if i remember rightly.
Martin doing live stock!!!.how our lives change.I can remember when he hated getting dirty lol.He really like to keep his cab clean and the inside cleaner.Is he still living in Milton Keynes

cockney:
Just looking at this page and came across an old face from the past,well not so old in that picture lol. A driver called Martin Hampton,He moved from Vnsm Seatrans in Milton Keynes to Roffs.

Hi Cockney. I used to do work for VNSM forwarding out of Tongwell in a transit van many many moons ago (late 70’s into the 80’s). Did you have anything to do with it?
Coming from Northampton as I do, I wonder if we know each other…

BuzzardBoy:

Harry Monk:
She is carrying sheds and trellis and this photo will have been taken while delivering at Wickes or Homebase or somesuch?

We backload this stuff regularly out of Eardisley in Herefordshire for Mervyn Thomas who are as decent a bunch of blokes as you could ask to meet.

The F16 is still a working truck although she only does a couple of days a week nowadays. In the past I have driven her to Malaga and she just snorts up them mountains!

I am a really sad [zb] now, but i actually know the Wickes Store it is delivering to in these photos… :blush:

I am pretty ■■■■ its the one in Maidstone just off the funny roundbabout/one way system by the river…

Anoarak taken off now… :blush:[/quote

I can confirm that is the Wickes store at Maidstone, I’m in there occasionally dropping off copper tubing

hate that place if you arrive too early you have to sit in the queue and pray the Wickes trunker doesnt arrive before, you get unloaded as they tend to stop unloading you and start on there wagon

Yes i used to work for them.I started there working for my father Brain Coles subbing for vnsm. But we had a falling out and Steve pettifer offered me a job driving a seven and a half tonne for them.Do you remember Chris Hawkins and Dave Scott .big John. i remember that ■■■■■■ in the office Darrel he was the only downside to that job lol

cockney:
They must have been tasty as martin was no push over if i remember rightly.
Martin doing live stock!!!.how our lives change.I can remember when he hated getting dirty lol.He really like to keep his cab clean and the inside cleaner.Is he still living in Milton Keynes

Story as i head it was Martin was asleep in his bunk…

He did like his motor’s clean thats for sure… Not sure where he’s living now

Hi TRUCKERASH The Name You Are Looking For Re Nellen Quack .Is Colin Field. John Osborn Knows Just Where In Luton. Dont No If It Did Him Any Good Tho. Next Time I See OS I Will Ask Him :cry:

cockney:
Yes i used to work for them.I started there working for my father Brain Coles subbing for vnsm. But we had a falling out and Steve pettifer offered me a job driving a seven and a half tonne for them.Do you remember Chris Hawkins and Dave Scott .big John. i remember that [zb] in the office Darrel he was the only downside to that job lol

Chris Hawkins is still about in MK area. Perhaps your name is Ian as you state you worked for your dad Brian Coles, if so you must have moved across to Kammac with Martin and Chris working out of terrapins yard.

Well you know who i am how about letting me no who you are…
Do you know where chris is working theys day

have PM’d you

come on fellas theres got to be more peter roff pics out there

hi all going through some old pics found this one you might like,its a bit ironic as it was the last trip undertaken before packing it all in.It was loading in cannons yard on milton park or if you prefer panalpina for germany can’t remember the drivers name though,nice bloke used to see him most friday’s.Can also remember on friday’s all the roffy boys loading out of the milton freight terminal all lined up on bays wish i’d got some pics of that :unamused: