Perks of the job

I can’t see any perks in your job. You pay back what you buy on the card. You can get good deals on the phones too…so where are the perks??

selby newcomer:

wildfire:
i was just sat here playing with my new company phone, and thinking to myself i don’t do too bad out of this job, new samsung s3 phone this week with free calls to any mobile or landline except the 08 numbers and free unlimited internet.

a fuel card that i can buy what i like on, be it my ■■■■ or snacks ect even fuel for my own car.

if i need a lone the company will do one interest free.

i get a decent large cab wagon to drive and i am currently trying to decide what to ask the boss to get me next, just been told get the quotes in and we will sit down and look at all the options.

ok on the phone front all the drivers agreed to pay £5 a week for the pones so that we got unlimited calls otherwise they would of had to restict the phones but to be honest where the hell are you going to get a top of the range phone with unlimited everthing for £20 per month, just wondering if anyone
Else gets any perks like that :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Let me guess, you’re your own boss■■? :unamused:

Nope just an employee not the boss

wildfire:
i was just sat here playing with my new company phone, and thinking to myself i don’t do too bad out of this job, new samsung s3 phone this week with free calls to any mobile or landline except the 08 numbers and free unlimited internet.

a fuel card that i can buy what i like on, be it my ■■■■ or snacks ect even fuel for my own car.

i get a decent large cab wagon to drive and i am currently trying to decide what to ask the boss to get me next, just been told get the quotes in and we will sit down and look at all the options.

ok on the phone front all the drivers agreed to pay £5 a week for the phones so that we got unlimited calls otherwise they would of had to restict the phones but to be honest where the hell are you going to get a top of the range phone with unlimited everthing for £20 per month, just wondering if anyone else gets any perks like that :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I think HMRC might be interested in your first two sentences.

wildfire:

ok on the phone front all the drivers agreed to pay £5 a week for the phones so that we got unlimited calls otherwise they would of had to restict the phones but to be honest where the hell are you going to get a top of the range phone with unlimited everthing for £20 per month, just wondering if anyone else gets any perks like that :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Your boss lets you decide your truck? Even asked you to get quotes in!? What do you currently drive?

j.jpg

Big Foot Lmfao Belter :laughing:

DieselDemon:

wildfire:

pray tell why the hell would hmrc be interested :imp: :imp: :imp:

ibson:

wildfire:

Your boss lets you decide your truck? Even asked you to get quotes in!? What do you currently drive?

the answer is yes and yes and currently 470 topline :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

wildfire:

DieselDemon:

wildfire:

Because a smart phone that an employee can use for person use is a “benefit in kind” as is the company paying for personal purchases such as ■■■■. Benefits in kind are taxed by the hmrc. If you don’t declare it to the taxman and they can come and do an inspection your boss will be up ■■■ creek without an outboard motor.
Not sure if they can come to employee for back tax, Defo will get employer for it.

phone same as u…sat nav…company van to use when im on shift to go from home to truck…12 plate volvo to drive…tool box…good dollar…but the best two perks for me are i get to go home every night an see the kids and i only have to do 4 days work then i get 4 off beats being away all week imo.

Perks of the job? The job is a perk, glad to have one.

coiler:

wildfire:

DieselDemon:

wildfire:

Because a smart phone that an employee can use for person use is a “benefit in kind” as is the company paying for personal purchases such as ■■■■. Benefits in kind are taxed by the hmrc. If you don’t declare it to the taxman and they can come and do an inspection your boss will be up ■■■ creek without an outboard motor.
Not sure if they can come to employee for back tax, Defo will get employer for it.

it can’t be a benefit in kind if you have to pay back what you use on the card, only if they let you have it for nothing, our last phones we paid for our personal calls but under the new traiff we only pay half the line rental, been checked and all above board :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

C10HOO:
Perks of the job? The job is a perk, glad to have one.

True & besides you don’t get owt for nowt these days…!

cant beat a billy ■■■■■■■■■■■ lol!!

bald bloke:
I get to frequent Tesco rdc’s and listen to lots of very funny interesting stories all for free :confused:

do you know you can get an app for that on the new IPhone :smiley:

mickyblue:

bald bloke:
I get to frequent Tesco rdc’s and listen to lots of very funny interesting stories all for free :confused:

do you know you can get an app for that on the new IPhone :smiley:

its called something like the mont blanc i was in the sas chalk line aint it :smiley:

Perks? I got a box of out of date chocolates at Christmas

lgamston:

i can assure you chap i ain’t a billy ■■■■■■■■■■■,i am a genuine hard bloody working driver who is well looked after by my boss, if you don’t believe me then ask rikki as we met and had a good chat at the sw truckfest, oh which by the way was all paid for by our boss for all the drivers to go to he even supplied the food and booze :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

wildfire:

lgamston:

i can assure you chap i ain’t a billy ■■■■■■■■■■■,i am a genuine hard bloody working driver who is well looked after by my boss, if you don’t believe me then ask rikki as we met and had a good chat at the sw truckfest, oh which by the way was all paid for by our boss for all the drivers to go to he even supplied the food and booze :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

fair doo’s but posting something like that was going to get you a roasting off the folks on here… That’s why we all come back for more.

WHOOPEEE DO…So what…who really cares?.I deliver multi-million pound cars all over europe(bentleys,lambo’s,ferrari’s,pagani’s,buggatti’s,ect)…and wait for it…i also get to drive them,:roll: So what …jobs a job mate.