PEPIPOO - the truth

So…registers a username and goes hunting. Makes quite a few posts to threads pointing out that if they got caught they should learn to drive etc etc etc and it was entirely their own fault… Makes a new topic saying that Pepipoo is full of people who shouldn’t be out on the road and surprise surprise…all posts/thread removed.

And you think Trucknet is bad?

How the sun shines on the righteous :stuck_out_tongue:

Well it does in Driffield

Not everywere in Driffield :laughing: :laughing:

Conor:
So…registers a username and goes hunting. Makes quite a few posts to threads pointing out that if they got caught they should learn to drive etc etc etc and it was entirely their own fault… Makes a new topic saying that Pepipoo is full of people who shouldn’t be out on the road and surprise surprise…all posts/thread removed.

And you think Trucknet is bad?

Whats pepipoo?

Just googled it. Yes i agree conor. (not like you to be outspoken eh? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: )

Wheel Nut:
How the sun shines on the righteous :stuck_out_tongue:

Well it does in Driffield

They were just ripe for it.

“I had to go through the red light because it was safer to do that than stop” - Clue: AMBER means stop.

“I got caught because I was in an unfamiliar area” - even though we do thousands of miles a week in such areas without getting caught and if you’re in an unfamiliar area you should be paying more attention to hazards.

“I didn’t see the camera” despite it being big, reflective yellow and having signs stating they’re in the area.

"I got done for doing 40 on a dual carriageway I’d just gone on to. There were no signs stating what the speed limit was " - There was actually no speed limit change from the road he was already on and there only needs to be signs if it’s above 30MPH where street lights are. Apparently, even though he didn’t see any speed limit changes, he decided it must be quicker because it was a dual carriageway. Quite what he thought the speed limit was when there were no signs is beyond me.

It’s quite funny when you read them. They’re pretty much all guilty as sin but seem to think they’ve done no wrong and are amazed they’ve got caught.

Like many lorry drivers, I’ve done many hundreds of thousands of miles in strange areas and haven’t got caught.

Conor, I’ve read what you say about Pepipoo and some of its members and to some degree you have a point - there are a lot of people who speed and then want to get away with it, and try to use the law to do so. But I think you are missing some important points:

When you receive the notice of intended prosecution you have to name a driver, or face a higher penalty. Mug a granny, burgle a house or kill someone and you’ve got the right to silence. Do 36 in a 30 and you are a serious criminal who loses his right to silence

There are dozens of cases on the pepipoo site where it has been shown that the camera partnerships lie and that the equipment they use is inaccurate.

Driving in a lorry is a lot different to driving in a car - when I come across a 30mph limit I stick the limiter on 30 and don’t give a stuff who is behind me, when I’m driving a ten year old fiesta and I’ve got mr rep in his vectra sitting 2ft from my bumper its a bit more scary.

People don’t know about speed limits - as you say they think that when they are on a dual carriageway the limit automatically rises - this is down to driver training but have you seen any attempt by the ‘Safety Camera Partnerships’ to educate the driving public.

Cameras don’t catch stupid driving, they just catch fast driving, and fast driving in itself is not always dangerous - the government have just admitted that speeding is only a factor in five percent of accidents yet over the last few years they have withdrawn traffic police from the roads - personally I would like to see more plod out and about and to get rid of those cameras.

In addition to Davecsm, I’m surprised that you didn’t mention that South Wales Scamera Pratnership has finally admitted that scameras CAUSE accidents, and have been forced to remove the scamera off the M4.
I would suggest to anybody interested, to go and read the other side of the pratnerships fables, and go to the Safespeed website.
Have a look at the accident trends, pre and post scamera introduction. This data is also available from government agencies, unfortunately it requires translating from the gobbledegook in which it is written.

Dratsabasti:
Scamera
Pratnership
scameras
the pratnerships fables,

You missed “Talivan”. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m awaiting the warrant for my arrest :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

3 points from 2 years ago in the car doing 33 mph as I was leaving a 30 mph limit, approx 60 yards to go yep my fault despite the scamera van not being marked up and parked on a grass verge hidden by overgrown bushes.

9th June this year 35 mph slowing down to 30 as I passed the scamera at Hindshead Bridge again my fault despite the fact it was 2.30am and not a car in sight, annoyingly the scamera had just been replaced after it had been burnt out. duly accepted it was my fault and paid up.

11th June 46 Mph on the A1 at Cockburnspath with Double Deck trailer getting blown all over the place I decided at 46 mph it was more stable than the slower speed, as the slipstream seemed to deflect the cross winds,wrong decision?

17th June I alledgedly drove past the Camera on the A1 at East Reston traveling at 45 mph even though tacho shows that at 8.35pm the time of the photograph I was travelling at 25 mph which I guess is either a steep bank or it was through the Road Works at Berwick.

The last 2 the NIP’s were returned but 4 weeks later we moved house and I aint heard anything back yet, I will be contesting both for obvious reasons.

As far as I’m concerned East Reston is a load of crap and they need to prove it was me driving and not another vehicle with the spare trailer number plate on.

I Just happened to mention this whilst talking to another Agency driver who says Fowler Welch named him as the driver of a truck last year (2005) and he pointed out on the NIP that he was not the driver and cannot give the details of the driver as its not his vehicle, the case is repeatedly adjourned (The last time being 2 weeks ago at Morpeth) because of his refusal to attend court despite sending a photocopy of the tacho for the day in question that clearly shows he was driving another one of the FWC trucks and not the one photographed.

At the same time on the A1 on the single track roads you stick to 40 mph and your then witness to the suicide jockeys who have got to be past at all cost, yet sit at 50 mph and their more than happy to sit behind you all the way (Well Most of them anyway)

The posts were removed because they were all either;

1. Off-topic for the forum you posted them in, or
  2. A thread h-jack, or
  3. Downright abusive.
    Since you didn’t post any constructive ones, or any within the correct forum, you were clearly only there to troll. Do a search on Wikipedia of you don’t understand the term.

Conor:
So…registers a username and goes hunting.

I rest my case, M’lud; the only reason that you even registered was to troll.

Conor:
Makes quite a few posts to threads pointing out that if they got caught they should learn to drive etc etc etc and it was entirely their own fault…

1. Such comments are not ‘on-topic’ for the legal forums, you should have posted them in either of the two applicable ones, and, if hou wished, posted a link to the relevent post.
  2. They were abusive, as I said above;

Conor:
RUBBISH. Learn to drive, [zb] (u/l to defeat the anti-profanity software on this forum).
<…>
Cabbies are the worst drivers on the road. The more get banned, the better.

Conor:
The one you created solely due to your own incompetence?

Conor:
Hopefully it’ll go to court where they’ll give you 4 instead of 3.

Conor:
ARE YOU A BLITHERING IDIOT?
<…>
Clear enough now, thicko?

Conor:
Are you an idiot?

Conor:
If you don’t know what a bus stop or bus clearway is, you need to take some driving lessons

(You could, for example, have actually referred to the relevent regulations, although I doubt that you would understand them, far less know where to find them).

Conor:
I’d say his abilities as a driver are [zb] poor at best.

Conor:
Suppose there’ll no doubt be the “I didn’t see the 30 sign” thus showing how unobservant a driver he is.

It may, of course, have been because the sign was completely obscured. There has been a recent High Court case on that very issue, and, although we await the transcript, it seems that it has been held that a motorist cannot be expected to see a sign which is behind an overgrown hedge. In the past, of course, that wasn’t much of a problem, but councils have been cutting back on maintenance budgets for years.

Conor:
Makes a new topic saying that Pepipoo is full of people who shouldn’t be out on the road

Well, actually, this was what you said;

Conor:
ABSOLUTELY CRAP DRIVING. This forum is full of nothing other than [zb] poor drivers.

and, as I said above, whilst there is nothing wrong in having such an opinion, albeit rather abusively put, you posted it in the wrong forum.

Conor:
and surprise surprise…all posts/thread removed.

Hardly surprising; I note even in the T&Cs of this forum;

TrucknetTandCs:
TruckNetSM reserves the right to delete any message for any, or no reason whatsoever.
<…>

1. You agree <…> that you will not use TruckNet to post or Private Message any material which is <…> abusive <…>.

Truth seems to be a word far removed from your vocabulary.

Language edit. Please abide by the rules of this forum, which you agreed to when joining. - C

Can’t see the problem Jeffrey- why didn’t you just destroy Conor with the power of your argument- if you have one?

After all, that is what the internet is all about…

Good reply. For whats its worth, I used pepipoo a few years ago and got my conviction for speeding squashed. If you can get away with it why not.

Conors always got a gripe about somthing ,just like the rest of us.

We discourage the airing of problems on TruckNet UK on other websites,
It dilutes the discusion process and can lead to problems between the owners of the websites.

We therefore encourage you to open debate with Conor, on the topic of the moderation of your website on the pepipoo website not here.

discussion of wether some people deserve everything they get for speeding, using details gleaned from another website is on topic for this forum, and I have no problem with this thread continuing in that vein.

But further discussion of this other websites moderating policies will be edited without further warning

Harry Monk:
Can’t see the problem Jeffrey- why didn’t you just destroy Conor with the power of your argument- if you have one?

The answer is simple, and the same one that was used to edit out my quotes of his abusive profanity on this board, it is contrary to the T&Cs.

this was posted at the same time as I posted my “request” above… so I will let it stand, any further comments on this point will be deleted…Rikki

jeffreyarcher:

Harry Monk:

The answer is simple, and the same one that was used to edit out my quotes of his abusive profanity on this board, it is contrary to the T&Cs.

Yebbut like the site owner told you in the posting above yours, which was received at the exact same time, your posting is against our Terms and Conditions.

this was posted at the same time as I posted my “request” above… so I will let it stand, any further comments on this point will be deleted…Rikki

Rikki-UK:
We therefore encourage you to open debate with Conor, on the topic of the moderation of your website on the pepipoo website not here.

The purpose of my posting was to correct his defamatory post. It was he who originated this thread, not me.

Rikki-UK:
discussion of wether some people deserve everything they get for speeding, using details gleaned from another website is on topic for this forum, and I have no problem with this thread continuing in that vein.

Neither have I, it is what I consider to be libel that I object to.

Rikki-UK:
But further discussion of this other websites moderating policies will be edited without further warning

As above, the purpose of the post was to correct the untruths posted by Connor.

Enough already. The pair of you have been asked to stop, end of. If you have a legal objection to Conor’s comments, then contact him privately.

THIS IS A YELLOW CARD

Is Rob K back? :smiley:

Dratsabasti:
In addition to Davecsm, I’m surprised that you didn’t mention that South Wales Scamera Pratnership has finally admitted that scameras CAUSE accidents, and have been forced to remove the scamera off the M4.
I would suggest to anybody interested, to go and read the other side of the pratnerships fables, and go to the Safespeed website.
Have a look at the accident trends, pre and post scamera introduction. This data is also available from government agencies, unfortunately it requires translating from the gobbledegook in which it is written.

AFAIK the cameras are still there - they were a couple of days ago and I will check next Tuesday. I have spoken at some length with the head of the South Wales Camera Partnership (Phil Davies) and I have to say (without quoting him off the record) that he talks a lot of sense. The cameras are the best available under current government legislation.

At the end of the day as a driver of any vehicl it is your responsibility to know what the speed limit is and abide by it. If that is too difficult then maybe driving is also too difficult and perhaps public transport would be a better option.

I admit that speeding is only one of many problems on the road, but the people who haitually speed are also those who commit other offences eg tailgating, etc. As a member of an advanced driving organisation I can only suggest that driver training/education is the answer to the majority of problems on the roads. I am the proud owner of a C+E (class 1) license and I have to say that the standard required to pass the test and the training given on professional driving is apallingly low.

More than 95% of accidents are caused by driver error and in many cases even the innocent drivers could have done more to avoid it We have a license to drive on the public highway, accompanied by a variety of rules, not a God given right to drive as we wish.