people beware

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mo … et-7800855 about time to

That’s the knees up Christmas party paid for at the police station .
The amount of Lgv drivers texting,phoning on not hands free or not wearing a seat belt is all the time .

More easy targeting and ways to extract money

Robbing barstools

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

So? :open_mouth:

If you’re using your phone or not wearing your seat belt then that’s your problem…
I’d like to see more people using their phone get nicked!

Evil8Beezle:

If you’re using your phone or not wearing your seat belt then that’s your problem…

I know you can’t differentiate for the law, but it really boils my ■■■■ to see so many cunds in cars, vans, and it has to be said, trucks, drive around with a mobile pressed against their ear, in heavy traffic, pulling out of junctions, negotiating roundabouts and junctions, who are so obviously engrossed in their conversation. Where are the coppers dealing with them?
Instead we get white units and rigids trying to catch out drivers who have a quick chat on a motorway, or drinking a coffee in straight traffic… I know it’s wrong, but if they can afford the expense, try some of the yummy mummy’s with two toddlers in the car in the morning, yachting to chantelle about her hair extensions…

Evil8Beezle:

+1

Took their time putting this into play. I think that they should also use cameras to catch all the muppets on the motorway driving under red x’s.

Er, this is OLD news - in two ways…

1, I was done for no seat belt by a mobile camera van over 6 years ago…

And 2, story dated 21st April 2016…

Saw some draft tart feeding its kid on m25 third lane going down reigate hill stuffing bottle in baby’s boat, and I was overspeeding

Unlike speeding which can be detected by computer, the only way I can see one of these vans catching somebody on their phone or not wearing a seat belt is using the mk1 eyeball.
So does this mean the operator is going to focus on every car and ping it if they see them on the phone or no seatbelt, or are they just going to catch a few to make the rest think they have some clever technology or do they have some clever technology to catch people or is this just a bit of a PR stunt?

muckles:
Unlike speeding which can be detected by computer, the only way I can see one of these vans catching somebody on their phone or not wearing a seat belt is using the mk1 eyeball.
So does this mean the operator is going to focus on every car and ping it if they see them on the phone or no seatbelt, or are they just going to catch a few to make the rest think they have some clever technology or do they have some clever technology to catch people or is this just a bit of a PR stunt?

Er - the Mk1 eyeball is the primary means used by “these vans” to catch speeders, too. It works like this - Operator monitors traffic (using said eyeball), sees a vehicle that he believes to be exceeding the relevant limit and then uses the laser and camera to confirm it and record the necessary evidence. They do not operate on the same principle as fixed cameras which blindly record the speed of every passing vehicle.

Roymondo:

muckles:

Er - the Mk1 eyeball is the primary means used by “these vans” to catch speeders, too. It works like this - Operator monitors traffic (using said eyeball), sees a vehicle that he believes to be exceeding the relevant limit and then uses the laser and camera to confirm it and record the necessary evidence. They do not operate on the same principle as fixed cameras which blindly record the speed of every passing vehicle.

Must admit I didn’t think that’s how it worked, thought the computer warned the operator who then fixed onto the offending vehicle.

Evil8Beezle:

+1

Great news lets get these selfish, ignorant, arrogant idiots off our roads ASAP. :imp:

Evil8Beezle:

+1

the nodding donkey:

Evil8Beezle:

I know you can’t differentiate for the law, but it really boils my ■■■■ to see so many cunds in cars, vans, and it has to be said, trucks, drive around with a mobile pressed against their ear, in heavy traffic, pulling out of junctions, negotiating roundabouts and junctions, who are so obviously engrossed in their conversation. Where are the coppers dealing with them?
Instead we get white units and rigids trying to catch out drivers who have a quick chat on a motorway, or drinking a coffee in straight traffic… I know it’s wrong, but if they can afford the expense, try some of the yummy mummy’s with two toddlers in the car in the morning, yachting to chantelle about her hair extensions…

Quick chat OK, or text?;
standard.co.uk/news/crime/sh … 77616.html

Those ■■■■ s must have hundreds of photos of me up and down the country giving them the finger and V signs.
You rarely see them in villages where kids are or near to schools, 9 times out of 10 M.ways and D.Carriageways, obviously maximising potential revenue is more important than keeping speed down in small towns and villages and catching localised boy racers.

muckles:

Roymondo:

muckles:

Must admit I didn’t think that’s how it worked, thought the computer warned the operator who then fixed onto the offending vehicle.

Had a chat with an operator at an open day once and can confirm it happens how Roymondo says. Operator believes vehicle committing offence and uses laser to confirm it.

rambo19:

the nodding donkey:

Evil8Beezle:

Quick chat OK, or text?;
standard.co.uk/news/crime/sh … 77616.html

I didn’t mention texting. And that wasn’t a quick chat either, was it.

Cameras can never replace a copper using his sense and discretion.

robroy:
Those [zb] s must have hundreds of photos of me up and down the country giving them the finger and V signs.
You rarely see them in villages where kids are or near to schools, 9 times out of 10 M.ways and D.Carriageways, obviously maximising potential revenue is more important than keeping speed down in small towns and villages and catching localised boy racers.

They sit on the by pass near me, a perfectly safe road to do 60, but they made it 40 for some reason.

It always amazes me why people claim money making rackets and scams etc where the above is concerned :unamused: if you stuck to the law whether you agree or not you would not be contributing at all :unamused:

There are MANY laws I don’t agree with but they are the law :neutral_face:

Am I so laid back that what I see as trivial some people are heart attacks looking for somewhere to happen? :open_mouth:

All help will be gratefully received to confirm my attitude :wink: