penrith truckstop

Does Dougs fill up early or is it usually ok?

It’s been recommended to me over the big truck stop, and sounds good as you get a meal thrown in with the parking as opposed to a poxy £3 voucher off the overpriced food at the other truck stop.

Tris:
Does Dougs fill up early or is it usually ok?

It’s been recommended to me over the big truck stop, and sounds good as you get a meal thrown in with the parking as opposed to a poxy £3 voucher off the overpriced food at the other truck stop.

It varies night to night mate, but even if the yard is full a few park around it and you can still use the facilities.

Parked at Jenkinsons truck stop tonite I’ve not been in here since 1999 didn’t rate it then ,got a room now £30 inc vat it’s spotless and doesn’t smell either the shower room is excellent it’s separate to the drivers one ,television too well worth it :smiley:

petition.parliament.uk/petitions/651575

is it still open and any good as i think im about there tomorrow night.

thanks.

I have stayed there a few times and its ok. Food is nice in canteen shop sells cans or there is a bar upstairs with big tele in corner and pool table I think in other room next to the bar. Its got rooms to so few contracters stay over night to. Showers were old fashioned to say the least but clean if you staying over night you use different showers so I assume cleaner. And the town is only a short walk away if you fancy some pub grub. My uncle stays there regularly and prefers to walk into town to get a pub meal and a pint and a chat with the locals :smiley:

JD. What Ollie says is correct. Google Penrith Truckstop, all the info is on there, with pics.I have never needed to use it, as I live locally, but all those who I know ,who have used it, give it good marks.They report it as being secure. Penrith town centre is just a 10 minute walk away. Enjoy your stay.

Hi JD, do you want me to go round and keep JM company while you are away for the night tomorrow? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Penrith TS is good mate i live in Penrith foods depends whos on but normally is good. You might see me kicking about if im in at jenks wash there trucks. :smiley:

cheers everyone if im about there il give it a go. ive got a 8am tip at wigton sat morning so that should be a good place to aim to.

shuttle good luck to you. at the moment you must be very brave. :open_mouth:

J D is this the place
transportcafe.co.uk/truck_st … _park.html

link to penrith truck stop

It’s one of the better places the only thing that let’s it down are the showers. I might see you in there depending on what backload I get

Mr B:
It’s one of the better places the only thing that let’s it down are the showers. I might see you in there depending on what backload I get

What■■? In the showers■■? Don,t be dropping your soap JD. YOU might get backloaded. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

On a more sensible note. Check the opening times. They close at sometime on a Saturday, but not being a user of the site, I,m not sure of the opening hours.

Welcome to AWJ Penrith Truckstop

We are open from 6am Monday to 1pm Saturday and then Sunday 12pm to 8pm.

Current Prices

Single Room - £22
Twin Room (En Suite) - £36
Showers - £2
Parking Over 3hrs - £14

Buycrider:

Mr B:

What■■? In the showers■■? Don,t be dropping your soap JD. YOU might get backloaded. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

wwhhhooooaaaaaaaaaaaa tiger :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: no backloading going on.

jessicas dad:

Buycrider:

Mr B:

wwhhhooooaaaaaaaaaaaa tiger :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: no backloading going on.

Yeah we dont want any rear ending :open_mouth:
just think of your insurance :blush:
yeah er um

I’ll shut up

shuttlespanker:
Hi JD, do you want me to go round and keep JM company while you are away for the night tomorrow? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

even mrs jd :exclamation: aint daft enough :stuck_out_tongue: to buy that daf cpt shuttle, so i wouldnt bother even trying, the tricks you will stoop to is un ~real to sell that truck :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i am in there around 3 times a week nothing has changed from the old bp days, apart from better food slightly

globby 480:

shuttlespanker:

even mrs jd :exclamation: aint daft enough :stuck_out_tongue: to buy that daf cpt shuttle, so i wouldnt bother even trying, the tricks you will stoop to is un ~real to sell that truck :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

not trying to sell JM the truck Globby :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: