penrith truckstop

shuttlespanker:

globby 480:

shuttlespanker:
Hi JD, do you want me to go round and keep JM company while you are away for the night tomorrow? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

even mrs jd :exclamation: aint daft enough :stuck_out_tongue: to buy that daf cpt shuttle, so i wouldnt bother even trying, the tricks you will stoop to is un ~real to sell that truck :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

not trying to sell JM the truck Globby :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you ikle fibber

Buycrider:

Mr B:
It’s one of the better places the only thing that let’s it down are the showers. I might see you in there depending on what backload I get

What■■? In the showers■■? Don,t be dropping your soap JD. YOU might get backloaded. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

well im here and there was no backloading at all :open_mouth: with " MR B " parked 2 doors down.

showers are ok a bit dribbly but wet and warm. i used number 7 and wasnt over impressed.

food was good, homemade lasagna and it was better than at home.

what did disappoint me was the £2.00 voucher… what a waste of time that is. my dinner as pictured above with a cup of tea was £6.98 :open_mouth: :imp: so with the voucher it came to £4.98 which is what i would expect to pay anyway. i thought that was a cheek.

parking is tarmac hardstanding so no rocking and rolling going on.

shop is as you would expect… full of ■■■■ :unamused:

all in all i would use again and my only general complaint was the price of my dinner.

When you come off the motorway junction and head along the A592, you then turn left for the truckstop at the round about? If you go straight over that roundabout there is another truckstop on the left, just before the Aldi/Lidl/Netto or whatever it is. Its a bit cheaper, its parking only and does no food but it is nearer to the town centre to walk for a pint/kebab/chippy/restaurant. They can arrange out the way parking too if you have a nosiy banging fridge on.

jessicas dad:

Buycrider:

Mr B:
It’s one of the better places the only thing that let’s it down are the showers. I might see you in there depending on what backload I get

What■■? In the showers■■? Don,t be dropping your soap JD. YOU might get backloaded. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

well im here and there was no backloading at all :open_mouth: with " MR B " parked 2 doors down.

showers are ok a bit dribbly but wet and warm. i used number 7 and wasnt over impressed.

food was good, homemade lasagna and it was better than at home.

what did disappoint me was the £2.00 voucher… what a waste of time that is. my dinner as pictured above with a cup of tea was £6.98 :open_mouth: :imp: so with the voucher it came to £4.98 which is what i would expect to pay anyway. i thought that was a cheek.

parking is tarmac hardstanding so no rocking and rolling going on.

shop is as you would expect… full of ■■■■ :unamused:

all in all i would use again and my only general complaint was the price of my dinner.

Do you want knocking up oh er. when I leave 5ish?
Good to see you again.

“Home made lasagne, better than at home”. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: It,s to be hoped that Mrs.JD does not read that comment. You might get a plateful of it over your napper when you get home today.Best of luck!! :laughing: :laughing:

Mr B:
Do you want knocking up oh er. when I leave 5ish?
Good to see you again.

too late now dave but i left at 6am. cheers it was good to see you as well.

OMG!! That dinner looks like its been coughed up!

No Michelin stars at that place then? And like you say…bloody dear for…what ever it is with chips n p’s

relating to penrith truckstop…i must confess that i have a bigger preference for dougies diner located further round the estate…next to where malcolms yard was before they moved…steak meals for just over £6 …all the trimmings…mushrooms onions chips etc…parking is £3 but they dont bother as much if you are buying a meal…toilet facilities showers and washrooms are all new…just been refitted

big tam:
relating to penrith truckstop…i must confess that i have a bigger preference for dougies diner located further round the estate…next to where malcolms yard was before they moved…steak meals for just over £6 …all the trimmings…mushrooms onions chips etc…parking is £3 but they dont bother as much if you are buying a meal…toilet facilities showers and washrooms are all new…just been refitted

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

any better instructions than that as it sounds good.

JD, Dougs Diner is on Cowper Road, which is on Gillwilly Trading Estate. That road you were on when you turned left at the small roundabout, to go down the hill and round to Penrith Truckstop, is called Haweswater Road. Stick on that road as you pass the Truckstop. keep going for about 1/2 mile , you come to a T junction. TURN RIGHT.After a couple of hundred yards, TURN LEFT on to Gilwilly. Down the hill, BEAR LEFT where the road splits, stick on that road to the bottom, where you will find Cowper Road, and Dougs Diner.(If you,ve got a kilt, wear that when you go in; you,ll feel at home) :wink: :wink: :wink: Just joking ,Big Tam. ps. JD just Google Dougs Diner. and read all about it.

Buycrider:
JD, Doug’s Diner is on Cowper Road, which is on Gillwilly Trading Estate. That road you were on when you turned left at the small roundabout, to go down the hill and round to Penrith Truck stop, is called Haweswater Road. Stick on that road as you pass the Truckstop. keep going for about 1/2 mile , you come to a T junction. TURN RIGHT.After a couple of hundred yards, TURN LEFT on to Gilwilly. Down the hill, BEAR LEFT where the road splits, stick on that road to the bottom, where you will find Cowper Road, and Doug’s Diner.(If you,ve got a kilt, wear that when you go in; you,ll feel at home) :wink: :wink: :wink: Just joking ,Big Tam. P’s. JD just Google Doug’s Diner. and read all about it.

thanks for that, its worth baring in mind cheers. :wink:

dougs dinner exellent spot

I’ve had many a breakfast at Dougs, I can highly recommend it. :wink:

last time i was up that way i went up one junction north turned off on the old a 6 and stumled on a pub on a roundabout with parking up the side for a few trucks landlord dont charge to park but if you buy a meal he gives you a reciept for parking wish i was up that way regular as it was ace

that would be jct 41 m6, if you are north bound then turn right anto old a6 n pub is down there about a mile n half, never been in it but have heard the grub is good and your made welcome

Mike-C:
When you come off the motorway junction and head along the A592, you then turn left for the truckstop at the round about? If you go straight over that roundabout there is another truckstop on the left, just before the Aldi/Lidl/Netto or whatever it is. Its a bit cheaper, its parking only and does no food but it is nearer to the town centre to walk for a pint/kebab/chippy/restaurant. They can arrange out the way parking too if you have a nosiy banging fridge on.

thats junction 40 t/stop, not the best tbh. also thats where parcelforce do their changeovers between 1am and 4am and most of the guys aint exactly quiet when they do it.

gogzy:

Mike-C:

thats junction 40 t/stop, not the best tbh. also thats where parcelforce do their changeovers between 1am and 4am and most of the guys aint exactly quiet when they do it.

you aint jokin either, wot gets me is wen they start tooting the horns and shouting when you in your in your bed trying to sleep

scotstrucker:

gogzy:

Mike-C:

you aint jokin either, wot gets me is wen they start tooting the horns and shouting when you in your in your bed trying to sleep

yea i know, i used to do the trunks for parcelforce to there but i think i was the only one who tried to be quiet, got there and trailer came straight off and i parked up till mines came in…tho he was never quiet but hey they are parcelforce drivers, says it all.

Dougs is absolutely brilliant!!! I cant recommend it enough with your full breakfast you get a large pot of tea and when i say large i mean this thing holds at least 4 mugs, and that pot is all yours mmm. Last time i was there i think the showers were something in the region of a quid but well worth it.