Peel ports liverpool

Could any explain the process at Liverpool docks. If anyone knows the link to the induction vid that would be helpful. Not been there for months and only went there once.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

If you have card just scan it at vbs gate and follow on screen instructions. Make sure you drive over weigh bridge at 3mph. You’ll get ticket telling you where to go. Normally t1 pad which is to the left as you go though vbs gate. Choose a lane and reverse on then scan your card and press button to which lane your on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1/ go into the port and through the cameras first at no more than 8mph I think it is.
2/ drive up to the barriers. If it’s free the go to the first post and present card or press button then light turns green.
3/ select crawler gear and creep forward and no more than 3mph. It’s very sensitive and slightly too fast and it won’t register your weight and you’ll have to go back round.
4/ once you’ve crept forward you follow instructions on screen or call customer service if needed or if you don’t have a card. Info you’ll need to input though will be a seal number if your bringing one in loaded or empty, and a PIN for the box your taking out.
5/ receipt is printed telling you where to go.

If it’s T1 this is straight ahead from where you are. If all bays taken wait opposite. When bay is available reverse back as so the back of the trailer is where the intercom is. Get out and do twist locks. Back in truck and reverse all the way back onto bay, get out and scan card and wait in box. Do not get back in truck or they won’t service you, and don’t go walking onto bay or you’ll be off site. When container is on or off the crane driver will expect a thumbs up from you to check all is in order. Wait for him to drive off, don’t do twist locks where it is, get back in truck, pull forward then do your locks. And good to go.

If it’s T2 follow the signs right round the dock and park in marked bays. Go and see them in the little hut , hand your card in and you’ll be given a little tracking device. The cranes at T2 don’t have someone sat in them like at T1 they operated by a person sat in an office. Also at the hut is a little map to show you where the location is you need to be at. One way system, don’t turn off down any side roads, and if you get to a roundabout you’ve gone too far. If that happens Screw it round and take the first left. At T2 unlike T1 DO NOT GET OUT IF THE TRUCK anyWhere other than the parking area. Go to your location, pull up just past the location sign so the front of your trailer is roughly in line with it. Wait to be serviced, one way system back to parking area, hand tracker back in, get your card back, do your twist locks, off you go.

Hard hat to worn at all times whether you go to T1 or T2. Don’t speed and follow the rules. Your being watched on camera by the port police.

Easy enough.

You can wait in your cab on the pads, stop talking ■■■■.

How about you stop talking ■■■■ you absolute stupid prick. You can wait in your cab yes but if you don’t get out when they come to service you they will drive off and leave you.

DickyNick:
How about you stop talking [zb] you absolute stupid prick. You can wait in your cab yes but if you don’t get out when they come to service you they will drive off and leave you.

You will get a beep of the straddler horn, they wont drive off. Again, talking ■■■■.

SuperMultiBlue:

DickyNick:
How about you stop talking [zb] you absolute stupid prick. You can wait in your cab yes but if you don’t get out when they come to service you they will drive off and leave you.

You will get a beep of the straddler horn, they wont drive off. Again, talking [zb].

They will drive off if you don’t get out. Stop being pedantic and arguing for the sake of arguing. For simplicity for the OP the rule is don’t stay in your truck at T1. Once you’ve been a couple of times and work out for how long you can actually stay in it fine. You are are a first class bell end sir.

DickyNick:

SuperMultiBlue:

DickyNick:

You will get a beep of the straddler horn, they wont drive off. Again, talking [zb].

They will drive off if you don’t get out. Stop being pedantic and arguing for the sake of arguing. For simplicity for the OP the rule is don’t stay in your truck at T1. Once you’ve been a couple of times and work out for how long you can actually stay in it fine. You are are a first class bell end sir.

I’m not sure you’ve even been to seaforth pal. Everybody stays in the cab.

Well peel ports own rules say you can’t at T1 and I’ve never seen anyone stay in it while a box is either being put on or off

I don’t know who is right or wrong here, but if we had a blanket set of rules across the industry oh wouldn’t life be so much easier…

I was there 3 weeks ago, all new to me so had a chat with the port lads near the safety zone, I asked them what the crack was because i couldnt have an induction because customer services was shut due to the corona i think, they told me what to do, They also said that I had to get out of the cab and stand in the safety zone when the crane came(I presume thats why its called a safety zone :slight_smile: ) It all became apparent why they want you to do this after about 5 minutes, because the guy next to me had missed one of his twist locks and the crane picked his truck up about 10 ft off the ground :open_mouth:

m.a.n rules:
I don’t know who is right or wrong here, but if we had a blanket set of rules across the industry oh wouldn’t life be so much easier…

I’m right because that’s what the peel ports rules say. If drivers choose to ignore that and get away with it most of the time then fine. I’m just telling the OP what the actual rules are so then he can make his choice if he wants to adhere to them or not. So not I’m not talking ■■■■ as I’ve been told, I’m saying what the peel ports official rules are.

Imagine standing outside your cab for an hour waiting for a box in the rain and snow lol

SuperMultiBlue:
Imagine standing outside your cab for an hour waiting for a box in the rain and snow lol

You can sit in the cab, but as has already been said, you have to get out when the crane comes to service you.

So for simplicity for someone who hasn’t been before the rule is stay out of the cab. Then as you realise at what point you actually need to be out you can stay in. Wow sorry for trying give a clear answer to the OP without over complicating it. Some right morons on this forum I tell you.

You can sit in the cab until the straddler comes to service you then you have to get out. Unlike teesport you have to stay in the cab at all times unless its the ship to shore crane then you have to get out. Rtg cranes and reach stackers in cab at all times

What it is is that I gave a decent detailed answer to the OPs question and someone came along and though right how can I be pedantic, find something to pick at, and start an argument.

shullbit:
I was there 3 weeks ago, all new to me so had a chat with the port lads near the safety zone, I asked them what the crack was because i couldnt have an induction because customer services was shut due to the corona i think, they told me what to do, They also said that I had to get out of the cab and stand in the safety zone when the crane came(I presume thats why its called a safety zone :slight_smile: ) It all became apparent why they want you to do this after about 5 minutes, because the guy next to me had missed one of his twist locks and the crane picked his truck up about 10 ft off the ground :open_mouth:

Lifted a lorry & box ten feet clear of the ground because of one missed twist lock?

So what happened next after 20/30/40 tonnes of wagon fell 10 feet and wrecked the chassis & bust most of the tyres?

Stop typing complete & utter pish. If you are bored, go and do something productive like grassing on your neighbours for having a bbq.

Like this

youtu.be/yuGVuWrBWjA

eagerbeaver:

shullbit:

Lifted a lorry & box ten feet clear of the ground because of one missed twist lock?

So what happened next after 20/30/40 tonnes of wagon fell 10 feet and wrecked the chassis & bust most of the tyres?

Stop typing complete & utter pish. If you are bored, go and do something productive like grassing on your neighbours for having a bbq.

:laughing: