PAY CUT

looks like i will have too ask for one as from 2017 im going too be persecuted for trying too get on in life by finding decent work and paying too get it by obtaining licences etc ive been in my housing association home 20 years never claimed a bean in all that time ,paid my rent on time now because i earn 31 ,000 a year im going too be hit with a 70 quid a week increase in rent , by the looks of things ,i still have too pay bills etc pay for my car too get too work so im now going too look for a job under that figure above HOW IS THAT PRODUCTIVE MR CAMERON might as well sign on rather than try hard in life :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Why should I be subsidising your housing costs when you get paid more than I do? Why don’t you just get a normal house?

AlphaOmega:
Why should I be subsidising your housing costs when you get paid more than I do? Why don’t you just get a normal house?

you absolute bellend people like you make me ■■■■■■■ sick zb off

Is the truth a bit too painful for you?

Don’t really know the answer top mixer ,but £70 p.w hike in weekly rent does seem excessive ,is there not away you can appeal the decision :question:

That escalated quickly…

I’ve just had a decent pay rise and now earn about £22k. I don’t get any benefits or whatever. What makes you think you deserve a chunk of my taxes to give you cheaper rent? I’m proud to be part of a country that helps to support the needy but some people take advantage of our generosity.

AlphaOmega:
That escalated quickly…

I’ve just had a decent pay rise and now earn about £22k. I don’t get any benefits or whatever. What makes you think you deserve a chunk of my taxes to give you cheaper rent? I’m proud to be part of a country that helps to support the needy but some people take advantage of our generosity.

+1

AlphaOmega:

+1

How much do you pay in rent now,? if you don’t mind me asking.

Plus Two.

The only ‘bellend’ in this thread is the OP, who might I point out earns £31k now despite having claimed recently to take home £600pw. Add up, something does not.

I don’t know how you get subsided rent when you work fulltime? I’ve never heard eh this before.

You’re right to be ■■■■■■ off at a 70quid a week hike as that is steep by anyone’s standards but maybe step back and take an objected view. Maybe you’ve been paying buttons this last 20 years and that’s them finally realised.

You need to tell us why you deserve your rent to be subsidised, are you a carer, single parent etc because on the face eh it I don’t think you’ll get much sympathy on here without a better argument.

Olog Hai:
Plus Two.

The only ‘bellend’ in this thread is the OP, who might I point out earns £31k now despite having claimed recently to take home £600pw. Add up, something does not.

600x52=31200 according to my calculator. Pretty much adds up to me.

I’d worked that out, thanks. When what a job pays is quoted it’s the before tax figure.

I don’t know if I’m reading this wrong. But the OP says he has never claimed for anything in his life, suggesting that his rent is not been subsidised in the first place. It appears now that he is earning a decent wage, they have bumped up his rent. I’d be a bit peed off at that too. Where’s the incentive to better yourself if that’s what’s going to happen.

damoq:
I don’t know if I’m reading this wrong. But the OP says he has never claimed for anything in his life, suggesting that his rent is not been subsidised in the first place. It appears now that he is earning a decent wage, they have bumped up his rent. I’d be a bit peed off at that too. Where’s the incentive to better yourself if that’s what’s going to happen.

That’s exactly what happens with income tax and NI, the incentive is lost. I did some casual work a few years ago on PAYE and by the end of the second day I was paying 32% in tax & NI because I had a pension as well.

topmixer11:

AlphaOmega:

you absolute bellend people like you make me [zb] sick zb off

So do people like you who have benefitted from a subsidised house with well below market rent for two decades, is well able to afford to buy their own house but instead chooses to occupy a house meant for the less well off and not people earning £5k over the national average wage.

damoq:

His rent was subsidised. Like all council houses and housing associations the rent was set at a percentage of the local market rate so he’ll have been paying 70-80% tops of what a similar property would be to rent in the private sector. He may not have had housing benefit but he’s been living in a subsidised house for the last 20 years. Now thanks to a well overdue change in the rules he’s going to have to pay the true market value for the first time in his life.

AlphaOmega:

+4. You had it nice for 20 years so just be grateful for that. Of course if you are not happy then there is always the rental market you can go on to…just expect to pay a tad more my old bean!!!

Conor:

damoq:

His rent was subsidised. Like all council houses and housing associations the rent was set at a percentage of the local market rate so he’ll have been paying 70-80% tops of what a similar property would be to rent in the private sector. He may not have had housing benefit but he’s been living in a subsidised house for the last 20 years. Now thanks to a well overdue change in the rules he’s going to have to pay the true market value for the first time in his life.

And if its not the OP living in the house, who is paying his way, it will most likely be some alkie or junkie living in it scott free at the taxpayers expense.

damoq:

He says he has never claimed anything - yet his rent has (apparently) been subsidised up until now to the tune of £3600 per year for the past 20 years. Perhaps he would like to offer to repay the £50k or so he has so far received in subsidies?

Maybe the OP needs to wake up and smell the coffee - and realise just how much housing actually costs without his “unclaimed” subsidies…