PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Probably wrong(usually am) but is this the same Rosier that (allegedly)got involved with GBE and in later years MAT transport ?

DEANB:
Cullimores Foden.

Biffa DAF tanker.

Top Soil Company Renault.

Anyone recognise the reg of the ERF ■■
This was new to Bartrums

Anyone recognise the MAN,possibly Eatons ■■

Calor Gas ERF.

Dont think we have had a Rep Reaymix motor on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

Smiths roll on roll off DAF.

Stobart Volvo.

Anyone know where the Helsby Longden Volvo is from ■■

DEANB:
Have Samworth Brothers packed up or been bought by someone ■■

Wincanton DAF.

Laura Ashley MAN.

Wilkinson Scania.

On UK plates but sounds like a Dutch company ? Van Den Bosch.

Anyone know where the Les Watson timber haulier is from ■■

Salop Caravans ERF.

Anyone know anything about the Scania ■■ Not sure what he’s loaded with and it looks like the curtains have been removed
off the trailer as i cant see them tied back ?

P & O Mercedes.

Dont think we have had a Treasure ERF motor on before,anyone know about them ■■
J O Treasure are from Grantham ,their vehicles back then were usually green (now green /silver),they ran a number of ERF ,now running mostly scanias with a couple of DAF and few Mercedes…

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Daz, RMC Routeman.
Dean what a lovely set of mixed photos you have posted up on this thread today many thanks again for the RMC Scamell Routeman tipper nice to see on one on a p reg cracking shot budddy daz :wink: :sunglasses:

Morning Daz, What was that the last year they built the Routeman ? Think the Constructor came out about 1980. :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, This Reed Transport Volvo that you posted recently is probably loaded with
pallets of new cardboard boxes produced by Reed Corrugated Cases, also part of the
Reed Group. From early 1973, I drove for Reed Transport at their Wigan factory for
about a year, but I didnt fit in well because my attitude to working hard for a living
wasnt in line with many of the drivers who were to the extreme left of lefties. It was
as though the Transport & General Workers Union were in charge of running the job.

Cheers, Ray.

Thanks for the comments Ray. That makes sense as that did seem a high load for paper rolls. :wink:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
Helsby and Longden are from Helsby Cheshire,always to be seen in Shell Chemicals Stanlow and still operating.
And Milehams Transport were from Purfleet I think.

Thanks for the comments / info Chris,good stuff chap. :wink:

windrush:
JWQ had depots in Swindon, Reading and several other places. There is a thread on here about them. We had one of their ex fitters in Reading come and work for us and he told us about draining the oil from the trucks engines down the kerbside drains! T. Mileham were London and Bristol based, they were regulars on the old A4 through Reading with Bedford TK artics.

Pete.

Thanks for the comments Pete. :wink: Oil down the drains… :imp:

240 Gardner:
“jshepguis” Hi Dean still appreciate all yours, Pauls and Marks efforts in keeping this thread going it is still first port of call for me. On the Rosier Transport, they took over F&F Robinson on Teesside but i think they also had depots around the country Newhaven and Ipswich were others at least. Once again looked like another company that grew quickly then went into liquidation.

As I recall, the Rosier name disappeared because Brian Rosier sold out, not because the business failed. It ended up with DHL but I’ve a vague recollection that the initial sale was to Exel

Cheers Chris. :wink:

pete smith:
“240 Gardner”

As I recall, the Rosier name disappeared because Brian Rosier sold out, not because the business failed. It ended up with DHL but I’ve a vague recollection that the initial sale was to Exel

Hi Chris,
I believe it was Securicor Omega logistics he sold out to as the Telford work and the tankers parked in Oldbury had Securicor units pulling the trailers

Not easy remembering who bought who out.There seem to be so many companies changing hands its difficult to keep up ! :laughing:

Suedehead:
Probably wrong(usually am) but is this the same Rosier that (allegedly)got involved with GBE and in later years MAT transport ?

“Suedehead” Sorry dont know chap. :wink:

roadcruiser:
“DEANB”

This was new to Bartrums

Well spotted “roadcruiser” :smiley:

Here’s one in Bartrums colours. :wink:

P2190065p.JPG

roadcruiser:
“DEANB”

Dont think we have had a Treasure ERF motor on before,anyone know about them ■■
J O Treasure are from Grantham ,their vehicles back then were usually green (now green /silver),they ran a number of ERF ,now running mostly scanias with a couple of DAF and few Mercedes…
[/quote]
Good stuff “roadcruiser” ,thanks for the info. :wink:

I thought that there were alot of Pro British truck members on here ? But no comments about the ERF or Ford in the Euro test ? :unamused:

DEANB:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.
Helsby and Longden are from Helsby Cheshire,always to be seen in Shell Chemicals Stanlow and still operating.

roadcruiser:
“DEANB”

This was new to Bartrums

roadcruiser:
“DEANB”

Milehams were were from the Purfleet/Rainham Essex area. I seem to recall they were painted grey and used Bedford TKs at one time.
Is this the same Bartrums from Norfolk whose vehicles were painted an unusual brown years ago?

pete smith:

240 Gardner:

jshepguis:
Hi Dean still appreciate all yours, Pauls and Marks efforts in keeping this thread going it is still first port of call for me. On the Rosier Transport, they took over F&F Robinson on Teesside but i think they also had depots around the country Newhaven and Ipswich were others at least. Once again looked like another company that grew quickly then went into liquidation.

Hi Chris,
I believe it was Securicor Omega logistics he sold out to as the Telford work and the tankers parked in Oldbury had Securicor units pulling the trailers

Hello Pete, thanks very much - I do remember now. I’d been trying to recall the stepping stone into DHL and just couldn’t think of it. It was SOL’s introduction to tankers, I think?

Suedehead:

He was with MAT earlier in his career, I believe and then later Ferrymasters - in fact wasn’t he MD of Ferrymasters? It was after that the he set up his own business, I think. Not sure about any involvement with GBE - that was Jeff Duval’s baby, was it not? Having said that, P&O bought a part of the GBE business when it failed…

Dipster:

DEANB:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.

roadcruiser:
“DEANB”

This was new to Bartrums

roadcruiser:
“DEANB”

Milehams were were from the Purfleet/Rainham Essex area. I seem to recall they were painted grey and used Bedford TKs at one time.
Is this the same Bartrums from Norfolk whose vehicles were painted an unusual brown years ago?

Pretty sure that Milehams were from Purfleet

DEANB:
I thought that there were alot of Pro British truck members on here ? But no comments about the ERF or Ford in the Euro test ? :unamused:

Trying to catch up with that one, Dean!

youtu.be/WjS7cvtz_0w

a collection of w/j riding motors through the years …enjoy…

DEANB:
Cullimores Foden.

Biffa DAF tanker.

Top Soil Company Renault.

Anyone recognise the MAN,possibly Eatons ■■

Calor Gas ERF.

Dont think we have had a Rep Reaymix motor on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

Smiths roll on roll off DAF.

Stobart Volvo.

Anyone know where the Helsby Longden Volvo is from ■■

Hi Dean ,the Bull ERF ,were based at Orcup nr Hereford ,but moved to Monmouth ,did a lot for Tesco Distribution at Chepstow ,but have not seen them lately ,great stuff as usual Dean ,regards Keith

Ta for the Eurotest scans, Dean.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/downlo … &mode=view

The above page states that the C Series ERF has the most spacious cab- in a group containing a DAF 2800 and a Transcon. Comments please!

Paul, the Radfords scania was one of Ray Radfords, started in Halberton, Devon. This photo was before it was painted blue and white. Hauled mainly for Lloyd Maunder chicken rearing sites.At a later date it had a sleeper conversion.

nilocekyd:

DEANB:
Colin, looks like one of Clapcott’s ERF’s ?

Certainly was Dean, trying to work out where that was taken? must have been fairly new to the fleet at that time, second hand as usual though! :astonished: or third… or fourth!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
here it is a bit later, parked in the yard at Nutsey Lane, Totton.

Looks like this picture was taken on the Ringwood rd at the junction of Dorchester road opposite Animal Kingdom and the newsagents. ( Poole )

was driven by my old mate Roy Raggett (RIP) who has appeared on here before driving a Square Grip Sed-Ak.

regards
Colin

blakey:
Paul, the Radfords scania was one of Ray Radfords, started in Halberton, Devon. This photo was before it was painted blue and white. Hauled mainly for Lloyd Maunder chicken rearing sites.At a later date it had a sleeper conversion.

Thanks blakey :slight_smile: That kicked the old memory banks into action! :open_mouth: I was trying to remember Radfords colours but failing dismally :laughing: They had quite a few Scania’s from memory and then quite a few Renault G260’s or G290’s after - that must have been a shock for the drivers…

Dipster:

Thanks for the comments “Dipster”. :wink:

240 Gardner:
“Suedehead” Probably wrong(usually am) but is this the same Rosier that (allegedly)got involved with GBE and in later years MAT transport ?

He was with MAT earlier in his career, I believe and then later Ferrymasters - in fact wasn’t he MD of Ferrymasters? It was after that the he set up his own business, I think. Not sure about any involvement with GBE - that was Jeff Duval’s baby, was it not? Having said that, P&O bought a part of the GBE business when it failed…

:wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

I thought that there were alot of Pro British truck members on here ? But no comments about the ERF or Ford in the Euro test ?

Trying to catch up with that one, Dean!

Dont worry Chris, over 7,000 views when i posted that message now nearly 13,000 !!! Still no discussion though,waste of time. :wink:

m.a.n rules:
https://youtu.be/WjS7cvtz_0w

a collection of w/j riding motors through the years …enjoy…

Thanks chap. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
“DEANB”

Hi Dean ,the Bull ERF ,were based at Orcup nr Hereford ,but moved to Monmouth ,did a lot for Tesco Distribution at Chepstow ,but have not seen them lately ,great stuff as usual Dean ,regards Keith

Thanks for the info Keith. :smiley:

[zb]
anorak:
Ta for the Eurotest scans, Dean.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/downlo … &mode=view

The above page states that the C Series ERF has the most spacious cab- in a group containing a DAF 2800 and a Transcon. Comments please!

Wasting your time “anorak” :smiley: Its like hitting your head against a brick wall on here.

blakey:

Thanks for the comments “blakey” :wink:

steam:
“nilocekyd” “DEANB”

Colin, looks like one of Clapcott’s ERF’s ?

Certainly was Dean, trying to work out where that was taken?

Looks like this picture was taken on the Ringwood rd at the junction of Dorchester road opposite Animal Kingdom and the newsagents. ( Poole )

Funny enough “steam” i was looking at exactly the same location on google maps ,reckon your right. :wink:

Piston broke:
“blakey” Paul, the Radfords scania was one of Ray Radfords, started in Halberton, Devon. This photo was before it was painted blue and white. Hauled mainly for Lloyd Maunder chicken rearing sites.At a later date it had a sleeper conversion.

Thanks blakey :slight_smile: That kicked the old memory banks into action! :open_mouth: I was trying to remember Radfords colours but failing dismally :laughing: They had quite a few Scania’s from memory and then quite a few Renault G260’s or G290’s after - that must have been a shock for the drivers…

I bet that was a shock going from Scanias to those low cabbed Renaults. :laughing:

DEANB:

Well I’m as ‘pro British’ as anyone Dean but never having driven an ERF, Ford or any other make of tractor unit I’m not qualified to comment on the testers report. :slight_smile:

Pete.

Were the Ford Transcons British made , i thought they were built in Holland ?
Or am i having a senior moment :blush:

I was going to comment Dean on the Eurotest but I’ve never driven a ■■■■■■■ powered “B” series only Gardner powered ones but it was an interesting read [emoji106]