PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Hi Dean still appreciate all yours, Pauls and Marks efforts in keeping this thread going it is still first port of call for me. On the Rosier Transport, they took over F&F Robinson on Teesside but i think they also had depots around the country Newhaven and Ipswich were others at least. Once again looked like another company that grew quickly then went into liquidation.

L7642p.JPG

Dean B
Good morning, Pike are Newport based and Rosier I think we’re Felixstowe based.
Cheers , Allan

Another oddball, Buzzer

Chris Webb:

nilocekyd:

Chris Webb:
Hi Colin. Thanks for the info,I remember a Briggs at Dundee,near Harry Lawson’s depot IIRC.

Chris.

Harry Lawson did a lot of contract work for Briggs/Nynas who have a dockside refinery and storage facility near Dundee Chris.
In the 60,s Briggs had their own fleet several Albion Reivers which became TarMac I seem to remember there was a tar plant at the Dundee docks and one at Elliot Junction near Arbroath D&D transport carted a lot of roofing felt for Briggs on their 6 wheeled Traders it changed around the 70,s They never carried the stuff while I was there don,t seem to recall what happened when I left the UK they were still going though 1980

Good stuff Colin and thanks for the pic. :smiley: Briggs Oils not ringing a bell with me.

Dean, originally Philmac then Briggs Oils.

some photos borrowed from the internet.

regards

Colin

Thanks Colin. I remember one of A E Evans’ tankers taking some product into Briggs Dundee from BSC Chemicals Orgreave Sheffield,way back in 1970.It was an AEC MK5 Mammoth Major.

DEANB:
C.Pike brick carrying Volvo.Cant remember if we have had one of theres on before,anyone know where they are based ■■ Hey Dean they are based just outside Newport .Some great shots here thanx MT

Pembrokeshire Freight Volvo.

P.M.Rees ERF tanker.

Owens Volvo overtaking a Nolan’s Mercedes.

Trevor Pye always run’s smart motors.

Jones Transport Foden.

T.D.Williams DAF.

Hicks Volvo.

Alan Councell Seddon Atkinson.

H & N Bounds tidy Volvo FL10 bulker.

Hey up Dean the Scania tanker looks like a Whey Feed lorry they used to be based at Stanton on the Wolds in Nottinghamshire
Cheers Gary

DEANB:
Colin, looks like one of Clapcott’s ERF’s ?

L7585p.JPG
Certainly was Dean, trying to work out where that was taken? must have been fairly new to the fleet at that time, second hand as usual though! :astonished: or third… or fourth!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
here it is a bit later, parked in the yard at Nutsey Lane, Totton.

was driven by my old mate Roy Raggett (RIP) who has appeared on here before driving a Square Grip Sed-Ak.

regards
Colin

Powerstar or Strator? If it’s the latter, it’s been built by a Dutch Iveco dealership in the south of Holland, here’s a link with more specific details; cfg.nl/aanbod/strator

C8810E81-6CDC-420A-9C7D-29130CDDCA16.jpeg

Used to be a waste company from Watford iirc that used to tip into shanks at Brogborough that ran Foden artics in that colour.

jshepguis:
Hi Dean still appreciate all yours, Pauls and Marks efforts in keeping this thread going it is still first port of call for me. On the Rosier Transport, they took over F&F Robinson on Teesside but i think they also had depots around the country Newhaven and Ipswich were others at least. Once again looked like another company that grew quickly then went into liquidation.

Thanks for the comments “jshepguis” :wink: Over the years alot of companies seem to have made that mistake of growing
far too quick, and then it all goes pear shaped.

Dont think we have had a F & F Robinson motor on here,but here is a bit about them.

Click on pages twice to read.

Mrsteel:
Dean B
Good morning, Pike are Newport based and Rosier I think we’re Felixstowe based.
Cheers , Allan

Thanks for the info Allan. :wink:

Buzzer:
Another oddball, Buzzer

Fair old snout on the front Buzzer. :wink:

backsplice:
“Chris Webb”

Hi Colin. Thanks for the info,I remember a Briggs at Dundee,near Harry Lawson’s depot IIRC.

Chris.

In the 60,s Briggs had their own fleet several Albion Reivers which became TarMac I seem to remember there was a tar plant at the Dundee docks and one at Elliot Junction near Arbroath D&D transport carted a lot of roofing felt for Briggs on their 6 wheeled Traders it changed around the 70,s They never carried the stuff while I was there don,t seem to recall what happened when I left the UK they were still going though 1980

Thanks for the comments “blacksplice”. :smiley:

This advert features a Briggs motor but not sure if its the same Briggs you are talking about. :unamused:

This may intrest anyone who delivered tarmac.

Prince Regent Tar Company,London.1958.

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB”

C.Pike brick carrying Volvo.Cant remember if we have had one of theres on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

Hey Dean they are based just outside Newport .Some great shots here thanx MT

Thanks for the info “MT” :wink:

gazsa401:
Hey up Dean the Scania tanker looks like a Whey Feed lorry they used to be based at Stanton on the Wolds in Nottinghamshire
Cheers Gary

Thanks Gary for the possible name. :wink:

nilocekyd:
“DEANB”

Colin, looks like one of Clapcott’s ERF’s ?

Certainly was Dean, trying to work out where that was taken? must have been fairly new to the fleet at that time, second hand as usual though! :astonished: or third… or fourth!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
here it is a bit later, parked in the yard at Nutsey Lane, Totton.

was driven by my old mate Roy Raggett (RIP) who has appeared on here before driving a Square Grip Sed-Ak.

regards
Colin

Thanks for confirming its one of Clapcott’s. :smiley: The pic was taken in Parkstone/Poole area but like you,i cant make out
where exactly. :wink:

pv83:
Powerstar or Strator? If it’s the latter, it’s been built by a Dutch Iveco dealership in the south of Holland, here’s a link with more specific details; cfg.nl/aanbod/strator

Thanks for the link Patrick,must admit i dont know anything about them. :wink:

Kempston:
Used to be a waste company from Watford iirc that used to tip into shanks at Brogborough that ran Foden artics in that colour.

Cheers “Kempston” :wink:

Bowmans Bedford 1976.

Euro Test 1980.

Click on pages twice to read.

Cullimores Foden.

Biffa DAF tanker.

Top Soil Company Renault.

Anyone recognise the reg of the ERF ■■

Anyone recognise the MAN,possibly Eatons ■■

Calor Gas ERF.

Dont think we have had a Rep Reaymix motor on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

Smiths roll on roll off DAF.

Stobart Volvo.

Anyone know where the Helsby Longden Volvo is from ■■

Not sure if Yeovil Steel are still going ?

Greenwoods DAF 2800 seen here heading to Poole docks. The trailers use to be sent unaccompanied on Truckline
and would return loaded with Zanussi washing machines an tumble dryers.

D.J.Light from Holcombe,Somerset.Posted an article on P 389 about this company.

Whites had a gravel pit which is now a land fill site.

Abbey Hill Group Fiat draw-bar car transporter.Those Fiats must have given Abbey Hill Group good service as they had a large
fleet of them.

Daz, RMC Routeman.

Burmah Atkinson Borderer tanker. The SD Rover never seemed to be as reliable as the P series they replaced. I can remember
everytime i saw a AA recovery vehicle it had one of those on the back ! :unamused:

Anyone know where the Radfords Scania bulker was based ■■

J.W.Q. Transport Mercedes who i think were from Swindon ? Nice to see some of the old cars 1100/1300 and a Morris Minor Van. :smiley:

Mileham’s Transport Volvo F86 with a well sheeted load. Anyone know where Mileham’s were based ■■

DEANB:
Not sure if Yeovil Steel are still going ?

Greenwoods DAF 2800 seen here heading to Poole docks. The trailers use to be sent unaccompanied on Truckline
and would return loaded with Zanussi washing machines an tumble dryers.

D.J.Light from Holcombe,Somerset.Posted an article on P 389 about this company.

Whites had a gravel pit which is now a land fill site.

Abbey Hill Group Fiat draw-bar car transporter.Those Fiats must have given Abbey Hill Group good service as they had a large
fleet of them.

Daz, RMC Routeman.
Dean what a lovely set of mixed photos you have posted up on this thread today many thanks again for the RMC Scamell Routeman tipper nice to see on one on a p reg cracking shot budddy daz :wink: :sunglasses:

Burmah Atkinson Borderer tanker. The SD Rover never seemed to be as reliable as the P series they replaced. I can remember
everytime i saw a AA recovery vehicle it had one of those on the back ! :unamused:

Anyone know where the Radfords Scania bulker was based ■■

J.W.Q. Transport Mercedes who i think were from Swindon ? Nice to see some of the old cars 1100/1300 and a Morris Minor Van. :smiley:

Mileham’s Transport Volvo F86 with a well sheeted load. Anyone know where Mileham’s were based ■■

Hi Dean, This Reed Transport Volvo that you posted recently is probably loaded with
pallets of new cardboard boxes produced by Reed Corrugated Cases, also part of the
Reed Group. From early 1973, I drove for Reed Transport at their Wigan factory for
about a year, but I didnt fit in well because my attitude to working hard for a living
wasnt in line with many of the drivers who were to the extreme left of lefties. It was
as though the Transport & General Workers Union were in charge of running the job.

Cheers, Ray.

Reed Volvo F88.JPG

Hi Dean.
Helsby and Longden are from Helsby Cheshire,always to be seen in Shell Chemicals Stanlow and still operating.
And Milehams Transport were from Purfleet I think.

JWQ had depots in Swindon, Reading and several other places. There is a thread on here about them. We had one of their ex fitters in Reading come and work for us and he told us about draining the oil from the trucks engines down the kerbside drains! T. Mileham were London and Bristol based, they were regulars on the old A4 through Reading with Bedford TK artics.

Pete.

jshepguis:

As I recall, the Rosier name disappeared because Brian Rosier sold out, not because the business failed. It ended up with DHL but I’ve a vague recollection that the initial sale was to Exel

240 Gardner:

jshepguis:

As I recall, the Rosier name disappeared because Brian Rosier sold out, not because the business failed. It ended up with DHL but I’ve a vague recollection that the initial sale was to Exel

Hi Chris,
I believe it was Securicor Omega logistics he sold out to as the Telford work and the tankers parked in Oldbury had Securicor units pulling the trailers