PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Mansel Davies Volvo.

Derry Morgan Scania from Ireland.

L.E.Jones Scania.

Allan Morris tidy Scania.

Turners ERF.

Anyone recognise the waste hauling Foden ■■ There is a name on the front but not clear,possibly Cooper’s ■■

J.P.Smith & Son’s Scania from ■■?

Anyone recognise the straw hauling Scania ■■

Dont think we have had a Damian J Percival motor on before. Anyone know about them ■■

Anyone recognise the live stock hauling ERF ■■

Hello DEAN ,Damien Percival was from Four Crosses near Weshpool ,timber haulier but now finished a few years back . That livestock ERF looks like R E Bache Bridgnorth ,thank you Trevor

Suedehead:
“DEANB”
Anyone know anything about the Scania ■■ Not sure what he’s loaded with and it looks like the curtains have been removed
off the trailer as i cant see them tied back ?

Another great set of pics Dean. That trailer could be carrying poultry maybe ?

I wondered that “Suedehead” but cant see any holes for air ? :laughing:

Talking of poultry heres one going through Lyndhurst in the New Forest. Used to hate following one of these especially in the
summer as they stunk.

Kempston:
Apologies everyone for the above post. I’ve clearly pressed something I shouldn’t have. I’m not good with technology I’m afraid. :blush:

Yes you made a fine effort of that yesterday chap and your reply went on for ever. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

coomsey:
“Kempston”]Apologies everyone for the above post. I’ve clearly pressed something I shouldn’t have. I’m not good with technology I’m afraid. :blush:
No need to apologise K! That took some serious talent to achieve , I’m well impressed :laughing:

:laughing: :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:
“Kempston”

:laughing: :laughing: Nice one Kempston! I’ve taken the liberty of editing it for you. I hope I haven’t left anything out :wink:

Thanks for editing Ro. :wink:

Thanks Steam. Not sure how many tippers Dennis operated. :wink:

kmills:
S&A Produce are strawberry growers, operating a greenhouse complex at Marden, Herefordshire. The Volvo pictured has a Hereford reg. I lived in Marden many years ago- long before S&A were there.

Ironically, S&A also operate the former ‘VHB’ nursery at Waterham, Kent- just down the road from where I also lived in Kent.

During my time driving for Harrier Express in Faversham I loaded tomatoes out of the VHB nursery quite often - I’m sure Rowena would have been in there once or twice aswell.

Cheers all,

Keith

Thanks for the info Keith,what a coincidence you lived in those 2 places. :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:
“kmills”

During my time driving for Harrier Express in Faversham I loaded tomatoes out of the VHB nursery quite often - I’m sure Rowena would have been in there once or twice aswell.

Cheers all,

Keith

Yes I was in there a few times, Keith! Here’s a pic to prove it:

Nice pic Ro. :wink:

tankerian:
“DEANB” Looking at the weather,not the best of days for taking pics.

Anyone recognise the Scania tanker ?

Scania operated by Wincanton on contract to Shell Gas, now Avantigas.

Thanks for the info “tankerian” for the Scania. :wink:

Looking at the pic on your profile you drove for Texaco.

They had a depot on Poole docks back in the 70s/80s and used to operate Marathon’s then Roadtrains.

Heres a clipping about some Perkins powered Roadtrains.

texaco roadtrain.PNG

texaco roadtrain1 ppg.PNG

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Dont think we have had a Damian J Percival motor on before. Anyone know about them ■■

Anyone recognise the live stock hauling ERF ■■

Hello DEAN ,Damien Percival was from Four Crosses near Weshpool ,timber haulier but now finished a few years back . That livestock ERF looks like R E Bache Bridgnorth ,thank you Trevor

Good stuff Trevor,thanks for the info chap. :smiley: :wink:

Birds Scania.

Anyone know where Garry George is based ■■

S.W.Roberts & Daughters Volvo from West Wales.

Reliance Scrap MAN from Poole.

Innovate Volvo.

Evans Transport Renault.

Arthur Spriggs Scania.

Gordon Gilder Scania.

J.A.Cox & Son tidy Volvo. Anyone know where they are based ■■

Eric Vick ERF.

The j a cox Volvo either ran or run out of Hull or somewhere nearby maybe brandsburton used to do a lot of combines etc for dealers

Hargreaves:
The j a cox Volvo either ran or run out of Hull or somewhere nearby maybe brandsburton used to do a lot of combines etc for dealers

yes JA Cox were / are from the Hull area. The same family are farmers and used to buy store cattle at Hexham Mart most Fridays.

Tyneside

Chris Webb:
Hi Colin. Thanks for the info,I remember a Briggs at Dundee,near Harry Lawson’s depot IIRC.

Chris.

Harry Lawson did a lot of contract work for Briggs/Nynas who have a dockside refinery and storage facility near Dundee Chris.

Good stuff Colin and thanks for the pic. :smiley: Briggs Oils not ringing a bell with me.

Dean, originally Philmac then Briggs Oils.

Philmac.jpg

some photos borrowed from the internet.

regards

Colin

nilocekyd:

Chris Webb:
Hi Colin. Thanks for the info,I remember a Briggs at Dundee,near Harry Lawson’s depot IIRC.

Chris.

Harry Lawson did a lot of contract work for Briggs/Nynas who have a dockside refinery and storage facility near Dundee Chris.

Good stuff Colin and thanks for the pic. :smiley: Briggs Oils not ringing a bell with me.

Dean, originally Philmac then Briggs Oils.

regards

Colin

Thanks Colin. I remember one of A E Evans’ tankers taking some product into Briggs Dundee from BSC Chemicals Orgreave Sheffield,way back in 1970.It was an AEC MK5 Mammoth Major.

Nynas delivered bitumen to our quarry (Ballidon) along with various other distributors such as Colas from Ellesmere Port and sometimes Culloden Moor depending on what grades were required. We (Tilcon) also collected our own from either Coalville or Four Ashes, when the driver (who had been on powder tanks) first turned up at the Coalville plant they wanted to know if he was on the proper union rate for hazzardous products which of course he wasn’t! He then had to have a pay increase and discovered how liquid tanker drivers could afford luxurious cars and massive houses! :open_mouth: I had the chance of driving that tanker but didn’t know how the body tipped! :wink:

Pete.

Hargreaves:

Thanks for the info “Hargreaves” :wink:

tyneside:
"Hargreaves"The j a cox Volvo either ran or run out of Hull or somewhere nearby maybe brandsburton used to do a lot of combines etc for dealers

yes JA Cox were / are from the Hull area. The same family are farmers and used to buy store cattle at Hexham Mart most Fridays.

Tyneside

Thanks “Tyneside” for the comments. Certainly a tidy motor. :wink:

nilocekyd:
“Chris Webb”

Chris.

regards

Colin

Thanks for the comments and pics Colin. :smiley:

Heres some of Philmacs.

CZ0006.JPG

A couple more of Nynas motors.

Chris Webb:
“nilocekyd” “Chris Webb”

regards

Colin

Thanks Colin. I remember one of A E Evans’ tankers taking some product into Briggs Dundee from BSC Chemicals Orgreave Sheffield,way back in 1970.It was an AEC MK5 Mammoth Major.

:wink:

windrush:
Nynas delivered bitumen to our quarry (Ballidon) along with various other distributors such as Colas from Ellesmere Port and sometimes Culloden Moor depending on what grades were required. We (Tilcon) also collected our own from either Coalville or Four Ashes, when the driver (who had been on powder tanks) first turned up at the Coalville plant they wanted to know if he was on the proper union rate for hazzardous products which of course he wasn’t! He then had to have a pay increase and discovered how liquid tanker drivers could afford luxurious cars and massive houses! :open_mouth: I had the chance of driving that tanker but didn’t know how the body tipped! :wink:

Pete.

Thanks for the comments Pete,reckon you should have gone on those tankers chap. :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

Some fair ground trucks.

Some odds and sods.

Cleansing Service Group from Botley.They certainly run a mixed fleet.

A03121.JPG

A04130p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

clip cleansing soton foden p soton.PNG

Lambert Brothers from Southampton.

Boughey Volvo.

Anyone know where the T.N. H.R. Wilks ERF bulker is from ■■

Gartner KG MAN from Austria. They must be like Stobarts are here as used to see loads of them in Germany/Austria.

Anyone know the make of the crane ■■ Was talking to the driver of one of these with 5 axles and it could lift 100 tons right
by its side.

Edge Transport MAN from Wrexham. Looks like they do pallet network stuff.

Anyone recognise the reg on the Foden ■■

Dont think we have had a Holding Transport motor on from Telford.

Harry Price Foden.

Anyone recognise the bonneted Scania ■■

Hi Dean have you ever seen one of these, Buzzer

Had one in our yard a couple of years ago Buzzer, based on the Stralis.

Buzzer:

Iveco Powerstar, I believe. More common in countries with laxer length limits than ours! For example this NZ example is fitted with an 18sp Fuller 'box.

DEANB:
Lambert Brothers from Southampton.

Boughey Volvo.

Anyone know where the T.N. H.R. Wilks ERF bulker is from ■■

Gartner KG MAN from Austria. They must be like Stobarts are here as used to see loads of them in Germany/Austria.

Anyone know the make of the crane ■■ Was talking to the driver of one of these with 5 axles and it could lift 100 tons right
by its side.

Anyone recognise the reg on the Foden ■■

Dont think we have had a Holding Transport motor on from Telford.

Harry Price Foden.

Anyone recognise the bonneted Scania ■■

Hello DEAN ,Edge Transport Wrexham have now moved up to Deeside ,and based on the Industrial Park their ,pallet work back then was a lot for Tetra Pak ,thank you Trevor

125183D8-D401-485B-B167-3D294214C9B7.jpeg

Looks like one of Thorys old motors from Peterborough so it’ll be well run in :wink:

Buzzer:

Certainly a good looking motor Buzzer. Dont know much about them as a bit new for me ! :laughing: :wink:

jshepguis:
Had one in our yard a couple of years ago Buzzer, based on the Stralis.

Looks good in there colour scheme,thanks for the pic. They use to own a nice Contractor. :wink:

contractor scotts 06 phh.PNG

ERF-NGC-European:
“Buzzer” Hi Dean have you ever seen one of these, Buzzer

Iveco Powerstar, I believe. More common in countries with laxer length limits than ours! For example this NZ example is fitted with an 18sp Fuller 'box.

I remember seeing the earlier model of them in a Australian DVD .Like you say once you have something with a bonnet you are
struggling with length limits. :wink:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Hello DEAN ,Edge Transport Wrexham have now moved up to Deeside ,and based on the Industrial Park their ,pallet work back then was a lot for Tetra Pak ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. :wink:

Kempston:
Looks like one of Thorys old motors from Peterborough so it’ll be well run in :wink:

“Well run in” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Sounds like he worked them hard “Kempston” :wink:

C.Pike brick carrying Volvo.Cant remember if we have had one of theres on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

P2130171p.JPG

Pembrokeshire Freight Volvo.

P.M.Rees ERF tanker.

P2140048p.JPG

Owens Volvo overtaking a Nolan’s Mercedes.

P2140102p.JPG

Trevor Pye always run’s smart motors.

Jones Transport Foden.

P2130075p.JPG

T.D.Williams DAF.

P2130029p.JPG

Hicks Volvo.

Alan Councell Seddon Atkinson.

H & N Bounds tidy Volvo FL10 bulker.

G.F.Potter Scania 112 bulker.

Not sure where Rosier Transport were based ■■

Anyone recognise the 113 Scania tanker ■■

W.A.Glendinning tidy ERF.

Blast from the past. Alderson Scania,use to be regulars through Poole and no doubt this Scania has just come off the ferry at Poole.

Another blast from the past Noel Zwecker Volvo from Ireland off the same boat as Alderson.

Colin, looks like one of Clapcott’s ERF’s ?

L7585p.JPG

Leigh Environmental Volvo F10.

Toleman Iveco car transporter.

Anyone recognise the colour scheme on the Foden roll on/roll off motor ■■