PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
We have had some cracking Rugby Cement motors on here.

It’s a strange coincidence you’ve posted these Dean as I passed a rugby cement lorry on my way down to Lyme Regis on Saturday, so sad to see they no longer have the same iconic and recognisable colour scheme but are now just the standard white with a small rugby cement sticker on the doors, forget what multi national organisation it said on the curtains but could’ve belonged to absolutely anyone and you certainly wouldn’t have known it was rugby cement unless you looked closely.

ArcDaz:
“DEANB” We have had some cracking Rugby Cement motors on here.

Hay Dean what a lovely selction of Rugby cement photos and articles very good indeed many thanks again :smiley: :confused:

Cheers Daz. :wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

Pandoro ERF which is the same reg as the clipping.

Ermmmm it’s YTE 301N, and the clipping is YTE 303N :laughing:

YTE 303N was used in a series of P&O publicity photos - I wonder if it was one of the first in Pandoro livery: here it’s in the full Pandoro colour scheme, but the trailer number is an old Northern Ireland Trailers one, and there’s no fleet number on the tractor. All written down on a little note in my anorak pocket :laughing:

Here’s a slightly earlier one, in full Pandoro livery, but with Northern Ireland Trailers headboard in the old script:

Need to get the eyes tested Chris… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: Nice clippings. :wink:

Heres another one of YTE 303N.

You mentioned Northern Ireland Trailers.

Yesterday that clipping about the Dobson Atki mentioned it had a Davies Magnet fifth wheel fitted. Advert below from 1964.

atkinson dobson 69.PNG

Kempston:
“DEANB”

We have had some cracking Rugby Cement motors on here.

It’s a strange coincidence you’ve posted these Dean as I passed a rugby cement lorry on my way down to Lyme Regis on Saturday, so sad to see they no longer have the same iconic and recognisable colour scheme but are now just the standard white with a small rugby cement sticker on the doors, forget what multi national organisation it said on the curtains but could’ve belonged to absolutely anyone and you certainly wouldn’t have known it was rugby cement unless you looked closely.

I agree its a shame all the company colours have gone and most stuff is boring white. Purley money as does cost alot for a nice spray job and lettering but looks
so much better. :wink:

Morning Dean.
Wincanton had the Sun Valley contract at one time and they were regular visitors into our Maltby depot,sometimes they were preloaded with Asda Bristol so we took their sheds off them. They had a rake of those underslung fridge type trailers and the amount of times drivers used to come to me saying they weren’t chilling doesn’t bear thinking about.The reason was that as well as starting the fridge engine you had to start the compressor as well,if not it didn’t do owt. :smiley: I always tried to keep them handy and dish back to Sun Valley drivers or whizz them off to Chippenham on a trunk.
I’m not sure whose the photo is,nice ERF EC complete with aforesaid type shed on back. :laughing:

winc29.jpg

Chris Webb:
Morning Dean.
Wincanton had the Sun Valley contract at one time and they were regular visitors into our Maltby depot,sometimes they were preloaded with Asda Bristol so we took their sheds off them. They had a rake of those underslung fridge type trailers and the amount of times drivers used to come to me saying they weren’t chilling doesn’t bear thinking about.The reason was that as well as starting the fridge engine you had to start the compressor as well,if not it didn’t do owt. :smiley: I always tried to keep them handy and dish back to Sun Valley drivers or whizz them off to Chippenham on a trunk.
I’m not sure whose the photo is,nice ERF EC complete with aforesaid type shed on back. :laughing:

Thanks for the pic and info Chris ! :laughing: :wink:

DHL MAN.

P2130024p.JPG

Anyone recognise the reg number ■■

DAF was taken on M4 in Wales.

P2120059p.JPG

Anyone know where DAMS are from ■■

N.R.Evans Volvo.

Anyone recognise the MAN tanker ■■

P2130064p.JPG

William Gilder trailer but probably not his unit.

Anyone recognise the South Wales Scania ■■

P2130165p.JPG

Anyone know where the E.R. & E Haines Merc tipper is from ■■

Asda Scania.

Had a couple of Laporte’s on here.

A02377.JPG

A02889.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Elliotts MAN.

Dave Atley Plant DAF.

Looks like it says BRS on the door ?

Dan Car DAF.

Swains of Stretton at auction.

Looks like the Maggie was from Sturminster Newton,but cant make the name out ■■

G.D.Platt Crusader.

Chruchfields Dairies from Salisbury.

Anyone recognise the reg on the Scammell Trunker ■■

Anyone recognise the Transcon reg as looking at the writing its done some Middle East trips ■■

Talking off the Middle East, Astrans 1968 with Gordon Pearce in his Scania Vabis.

astrans 19681.jpg

astrans 19682.jpg

DEANB:
DAF Shell tanker.

Owens Volvo.

Anyone know where the Wildes Scania is based ■■

Grampian Country Food DAF.

Dennis council truck. Cant think of any other UK manufacturers left ?

Wincanton DAF.

Roy Trevor Iveco removal draw-bar. Think they were from possibly Liverpool ■■

Barline Transport Scania.

Booker Mercedes.

Anyone recognise the Magnum ■■

Hello DEAN ,Wides were from Dorrington ,on the A49 south of Shrewsbury ,agriculture engineers ,thank you Trevor

HI, DEANB & Kempson

Your comments about Rugby Cement rings a bell with me. Rugby were part of RMC but then were all
taken over by CEMEX about 2006, I was an RMC Tipper driver then CEMEXuntil retirement in 2013.
Hope this is of some interest to you. Cheers pushrod47

pushrod47:
HI, DEANB & Kempson

Your comments about Rugby Cement rings a bell with me. Rugby were part of RMC but then were all
taken over by CEMEX about 2006, I was an RMC Tipper driver then CEMEXuntil retirement in 2013.

Hi pushrod47, a couple for you credit to Dan Davison for the photos.
Oily

Mostly Dans 4537737018_02e2a8d983_b.jpg

DEANB:
DHL MAN.

Anyone recognise the reg number ■■

DAF was taken on M4 in Wales.

Anyone know where DAMS are from ■■

N.R.Evans Volvo.

Anyone recognise the MAN tanker ■■

William Gilder trailer but probably not his unit.

Anyone recognise the South Wales Scania ■■

Asda Scania.

Hi Dean,

Great pictures.Earnie Haines is from Llanharan in South Wales.I think he’s retired now? Had tippers for many years.I painted that Merc for him in 2009. Keep them coming mate.
Regards Andrew.

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Anyone know where the Wildes Scania is based ■■

Hello DEAN ,Wides were from Dorrington ,on the A49 south of Shrewsbury ,agriculture engineers ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. :wink:

pushrod47:
HI, DEANB & Kempson

Thanks for the comments “pushrod47”. :wink:

Cant find a Cemex mixer but here a nice Foden tipper. :smiley: Will pop some concrete stuff on. :wink:

pete 359:
“DEANB”

Hi Dean,

Great pictures.Earnie Haines is from Llanharan in South Wales.I think he’s retired now? Had tippers for many years.I painted that Merc for him in 2009. Keep them coming mate.
Regards Andrew.

Small world Andrew always nice when someone see’s a motor they know a bit about. :smiley:

Mixers Dean and pushrod47, credit to Dan Davison for the photos.
Oily

Mostly Dans 4245150131_80847c037b_b.jpg

oiltreader:
Mixers Dean and pushrod47, credit to Dan Davison for the photos.
Oily

Cheers Oily. :wink:

Concrete mixers.

RMC

A00342.JPG

Pioneer.

pioneer 89 ppg.PNG

Some Welsh motors.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

John Pearce DAF.

Hall Bros Scania.

Steve Hughes DAF.

Cant remember if we have had a C & M Transport motor on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

Dont think we have had a Jack Trans motor on before.

Dont think we have had a Jonesys motor on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

Preece Volvo.

Clive Price Scania.

Tidy Scania of Terry Howell.

P1460964p.JPG

DEANB:
Some Welsh motors.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

John Pearce DAF.

Hall Bros Scania.

Steve Hughes DAF.

Cant remember if we have had a C & M Transport motor on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

Dont think we have had a Jack Trans motor on before.

Dont think we have had a Jonesys motor on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

Preece Volvo.

Clive Price Scania.

Tidy Scania of Terry Howell.

Hello DEAN ,Jacktrans are from Welshpool ,i think he was a former Caddy driver .C&M are from Minera nr Wrexham and at one time were doing work for Arla dairies ,thank you Trevor

DEANB:
Concrete mixers.

RMC

[at Htachment=1]rmc 742 ppg.jpg[/attachment]

HI Dean lots of great memories on this thread which you put on here love them old mixers well done to you guys for all your great in put Regards Daz :smiley: :wink: