PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Some Welsh motors.

Mansel Davies Volvo. Hey Dean now running as MDS distribution

John Pearce DAF.

Hall Bros Scania.

Steve Hughes DAF. based up in Brynmawr

Cant remember if we have had a C & M Transport motor on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

Dont think we have had a Jack Trans motor on before.

Dont think we have had a Jonesys motor on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

Preece Volvo. Think these are from Hereford

Clive Price Scania. from Llanigon ,Hay on Wye

Tidy Scania of Terry Howell…Newport based. Hey Dean ,Paul has spent a lot of time down Usk way ,great selection thanx MT

DEANB:
You mentioned Northern Ireland Trailers.

I did, and thank you for those - this is a photo I have never seen before!

Here are some more - first two scanned direct from the Atkinson negatives I have (yes, I know these are “rogue” ERFs, but they were there when Atkinson’s man was doing his job)

One from the Atkinson stand at the Royal Lancs Show in August 1969, with a 30’ Lancashire flat on a period tri-axle trailer

Finally a quayside view at Preston Dock, with a Mk.1 Atki

pushrod47:
HI, DEANB & Kempson

Your comments about Rugby Cement rings a bell with me. Rugby were part of RMC but then were all
taken over by CEMEX about 2006, I was an RMC Tipper driver then CEMEXuntil retirement in 2013.
Hope this is of some interest to you. Cheers pushrod47

Paul just sent a couple of Cemex mixer pics through. :wink:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”

Cant remember if we have had a C & M Transport motor on before,anyone know where they are based ■■

Dont think we have had a Jack Trans motor on before.

Hello DEAN ,Jacktrans are from Welshpool ,i think he was a former Caddy driver .C&M are from Minera nr Wrexham and at one time were doing work for Arla dairies ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor,good stuff chap. :smiley:

Heres 2 more.

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Concrete mixers.

HI Dean lots of great memories on this thread which you put on here love them old mixers well done to you guys for all your great in put Regards Daz :smiley: :wink:

Glad you liked them Daz,will pop some more on another day. :wink:

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB”

Some Welsh motors.

Tidy Scania of Terry Howell…Newport based. Hey Dean ,Paul has spent a lot of time down Usk way ,great selection thanx MT

He certainly has “MT” :laughing: Mind you he’s not been down there for a good 18 months,although knowing how much he likes it down there i would be
surprised if he does not try and get down there before the end of the year. :wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

You mentioned Northern Ireland Trailers.

I did, and thank you for those - this is a photo I have never seen before!

Here are some more - first two scanned direct from the Atkinson negatives I have (yes, I know these are “rogue” ERFs, but they were there when Atkinson’s man was doing his job)

One from the Atkinson stand at the Royal Lancs Show in August 1969, with a 30’ Lancashire flat on a period tri-axle trailer

Finally a quayside view at Preston Dock, with a Mk.1 Atki

Excellent photos Mr Gardner. :smiley: :wink:

Heres some more about the Irish service. :laughing: :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

ferry preston 58 ppg.PNG

Heres something you will also appreciate chap.

Atkinson Omega rolls royce spec sheet.

Steam fair.

Is that a Datsun and if so anyone know the model as my uncle had an estate one like that when i was a kid.

L8700p.JPG

G.R.Stein Crusader,not had one of there motors on for a long time.

Anyone know what the initials BC stand for on the ERF ■■

BOC Seddon Atkinson 400.

Anyone recognise the ERF,cant make the name out on the door ■■

Frigoscandia Volvo F6.

Sainsbury’s Seddon Atkinson 400.

Tarmac Foden looks pretty new.

“Steam” Is this one of Eaton’s tippers ■■

Dont think we have had a S.Smith motor on before,says continental transport on the front so possibly heading for Truckline ferry as less than a mile from
the port. Anyone know where Smith’s were based ■■

One of your favourite companies Daz.

Donoghue DAF tipper.

DEANB:
Steam fair.

Is that a Datsun and if so anyone know the model as my uncle had an estate one like that when i was a kid.

Hi Dean, From memory, I think the white Datsun was a Datsun Sunny from the 2nd series, and the maroon
Leyland single deck bus shows " Ramsbottom " on its destination blind…sometimes known as " Sheeps Arse ". :laughing:

Cheers, Ray Smyth.

Used to crack my wheel nuts up at least every 3days.
A few of us were sat on the weighbridge bench , Tarmac Cliffe hill, waiting for loading n John Hickling came in, back up from Oxford, to join us. We were having a bit of craic when another driver came in, said to John ’ you driving a 7whlr now then ?'. We all went out to his Scammel for a nosey, he’d lost his nearside second steer wheel. They sent a couple of fitters out to try n find it. Amazingly they found it leaned up a tree in a copse near Silverstone.
Sorry for the late post, been to Kos,HOT or what? Off topic ,can anyone explain to me why I, whose born n bred in England, needed 2 tests n 5 documents to get back into Britain while Johnny foreigner hops into a dinghy lands on a beach n thens transported to his hotel :open_mouth:

DEANB:

BOC Seddon Atkinson 400.

Frigoscandia Volvo F6.

Dont think we have had a S.Smith motor on before,says continental transport on the front so possibly heading for Truckline ferry as less than a mile from

Donoghue DAF tipper.

Hi Dean you have made my day puting this Donoghue eight wheeler tipper on this thread as you have stated one of my favourite companys from North London.Would have any of there eight wheel maggie tippers so pleased to to see this photo nice work from you guys again keep them coming buddy Rgards Daz :smiley: :sunglasses:

DEANB:

BOC Seddon Atkinson 400.

Frigoscandia Volvo F6.

All way nice to see these Tarmac photos too :smiley:

Love this eight wheel Volvo tipper too :smiley:

Donoghue DAF tipper.

ArcDaz:

DEANB:

BOC Seddon Atkinson 400.

Frigoscandia Volvo F6.

Donoghue DAF tipper.

Hi Dean you have made my day puting this Donoghue eight wheeler tipper on this thread as you have stated one of my favourite companys from North London.Would have any of there eight wheel maggie tippers so pleased to to see this photo nice work from you guys again keep them coming buddy Rgards Daz :smiley: :sunglasses:

Regular visitors to Shanks landfill sites in brogborough and stewartby.

DEANB:
Excellent photos Mr Gardner. :smiley: :wink:

Brilliant stuff, thank you Dean! Preston Dock is just a huge marina now - when it was built, it was the largest single dock in the country

DEANB:

I certainly do appreciate, thank you - something else I’ve not seen before!! You’re on top form this week, Dean! :smiley: :smiley:

Here are some more period photos of wagons at Preston Dock: these are links to someone else’s (copyright) photos on Flickr, and not taken by me. Click on the photo to take you to Flickr for additional info

S4 - Preston by Bill Wright, on Flickr

S6 - Preston by Bill Wright, on Flickr

S3 - Preston by Bill Wright, on Flickr

S5 - Preston by Bill Wright, on Flickr

GCK 196F Atkinson ‘Silver Knight’ Rear Steer TRS3266XB by Chris Gardner, on Flickr

MRN 380K Atkinson Borderer T3246C by Chris Gardner, on Flickr

JCK491G ERF64G by Gardner 8LXB, on Flickr

JRN 35H Atkinson ‘Silver Knight’ T3246XB by Gardner 8LXB, on Flickr

Where once there was industry, we now demand leisure:

Preston Marina by Mike Craig, on Flickr

Ray Smyth:
“DEANB” Steam fair.

Hi Dean, From memory, I think the white Datsun was a Datsun Sunny from the 2nd series, and the maroon
Leyland single deck bus shows " Ramsbottom " on its destination blind…sometimes known as " Sheeps Arse ". :laughing:

Cheers, Ray Smyth.

That Datsun was a nice car back in the 1970’s Ray. Thanks for the info on the bus. :laughing:

coomsey:
Used to crack my wheel nuts up at least every 3days.
A few of us were sat on the weighbridge bench , Tarmac Cliffe hill, waiting for loading n John Hickling came in, back up from Oxford, to join us. We were having a bit of craic when another driver came in, said to John ’ you driving a 7whlr now then ?'. We all went out to his Scammel for a nosey, he’d lost his nearside second steer wheel. They sent a couple of fitters out to try n find it. Amazingly they found it leaned up a tree in a copse near Silverstone.
Sorry for the late post, been to Kos,HOT or what? Off topic ,can anyone explain to me why I, whose born n bred in England, needed 2 tests n 5 documents to get back into Britain while Johnny foreigner hops into a dinghy lands on a beach n thens transported to his hotel :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Good story “coomsey” :wink:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB”

Donoghue DAF tipper.

I dont think there are any pics of there Maggies Daz. Then again,never know what’s going to turn up. :wink:

Kempston:
“ArcDaz” “DEANB”

Donoghue DAF tipper.

Regular visitors to Shanks landfill sites in brogborough and stewartby.

Cheers Kempston. :wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB” Excellent photos Mr Gardner. :smiley: :wink:

Brilliant stuff, thank you Dean! Preston Dock is just a huge marina now - when it was built, it was the largest single dock in the country

“DEANB”

I certainly do appreciate, thank you - something else I’ve not seen before!! You’re on top form this week, Dean! :smiley: :smiley:

Top form,it wont last. :laughing: :wink:

DEANB:
Top form,it wont last. :laughing: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

240 Gardner:
Here are some more period photos of wagons at Preston Dock: these are links to someone else’s (copyright) photos on Flickr, and not taken by me. Click on the photo to take you to Flickr for additional info

Some fabulous pics there Chris,love the pics of the MV Bardic.Looked much better as a working dock than a marina. :smiley: :wink:

Not 100% sure if this is the same Barbers Transport as the mighty Bedford ■■

1972 barbers mitchamppg.PNG

Heres a bit on the MV Bardic that was operated by The Transport Ferry Service who were owned by The Atlantic Steam Navigation Co Ltd. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

transport ferry ser 1958 ppg.PNG.jpg

Heres another article featuring the sister ship MV Cerdic from 1963.

MV Cerdic.

Someone must know who’s motor this was ■■? Initials BC on front and door ring a bell with anyone ?

DEANB:
Someone must know who’s motor this was ■■? Initials BC on front and door ring a bell with anyone ?

BC Transport Bollington 1991 Limited, I reckon :wink:

BC Transport MW15WMK by Harry’s On The Road Truck Photos, on Flickr

find-and-update.company-informa … y/11087915

DEANB:

240 Gardner:

Some fabulous pics there Chris,love the pics of the MV Bardic.Looked much better as a working dock than a marina. :smiley: :wink:

Not 100% sure if this is the same Barbers Transport as the mighty Bedford ■■

Heres a bit on the MV Bardic that was operated by The Transport Ferry Service who were owned by The Atlantic Steam Navigation Co Ltd. :wink:

MV Cerdic.

I don’t recognise the mighty Bedford of which you speak, but I’d guess it was someone fairly local if they were loading a Lancashire flat. Your photo is of Barber’s of Mitcham, who were a reasonably-sized outfit.

Lots more interesting stuff to read, thank you!!

There are hundreds of cracking Preston Dock photos on a Flickr channel called Preston Digital Archive but, unfortunately, its settings preclude sharing photos across to here. I do agree that it looked better as a working dock, and here are some other views:

Preston Docks 1970s by John Buckles, on Flickr

Preston Docks 1970s by John Buckles, on Flickr

Some Northern Ireland Trailers kit (but not a tractor to be seen :unamused: ):

North side of Preston Dock app1970 by John Matthews, on Flickr

Gantry crane by John Matthews, on Flickr

Preston Docks abt 1970 by John Matthews, on Flickr

Ferry Irish Coast by John Matthews, on Flickr

Ferry Cranes in action on Preston Dock by John Matthews, on Flickr

Eric Vick Transport.

AQ31.JPG

AQ32.JPG

AQ30.JPG