PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

MOL Scania.

Loads of Laurent Pelliet motors used to come through Poole back in the 80’s.

Anyone recognise the Magnum ■■

Elliott Blackmore Foden.

Anyone make the name out on the Scania ■■

QLF Scania tanker.

JSM Recovery.

Anyone recognise the livestock MAN.

Anyone know where the Browns Distribution ERF is from ■■

Wrefords DAF.

Browns (erf) are/were from Stoke, they were next to the a500 if i remember correctly.

Steve

DEANB:
MOL Scania.

One of “my” motors - highly unusual for a shipping line to operate a fleet. A number had their livery on hauliers’ vehicles, but these were operated directly from the traffic desk in the shipping line office. They motors were on a dedicated contract hire from BTS and, at the peak, I had 28, I think. I believe we were only the second operator in Southampton to have Nöteboom Combitrailers.

Here’s the same motor in the dock area c.2003:

And some others:

Of course no sooner had I got the last lot of new trailers finished in the same green as the boxes (matched RAL codes ‘n’ all), some idiot in Japan decided on a complete rebrand and a blue-and-white logo :unamused:

Stoke on Trent I believe Dean.

Hi Dean,the articles on the Scania 81 were interesting,MFS at Maltby ran loads of them on the Littlewoods contract.They were all double shifted and gave good service,just a bit underpowered,but very manouverable,ideal for gaining access to some of the hoss and cart places that Littlewoods had to get tipped at night.
Apart from the photo of the solo unit which is mine,one is one of Pauls and the other sent to me by one of our Hitchin depot drivers,plus one in the snow at our Ross on Wye depot…You can just see a dolly coupled to AKW 784T,ready for a late afternoon trunk to Maltby from Hitchin. We inherited this boxvan at Maltby and we also had one with an auto box,they were dismal performers on drag work,only used when the Ford Transcontinentals and later Scania 82s were on service or MOT.

mfs34.jpg

mfs88.jpg

mfs13.jpg

DEANB:
Harry Wragg Volvo. Think it says Ludlow on the door.

JME Transport Mercedes.

Anyone recognise the ERF car transporter ■■

Anyone know where the Calver Volvo is from ■■

Anyone know where the Malc Bromley DAF is from ■■

Anyone recognise the MAN bulker ■■

Tidy DAF of Derek Linch.

European Metal Recycling Scania roll on roll off.

P.M.Rees & Sons ERF.

George Taylor Scania with a mixed load and a John Stacey Hino behind.

Hi Dean ,yes Harry Wraggg were from Little Hereford which is between Ludlow and Tenbury Wells ,they mostly hauled out of Wells drinks now Kerry Foods at Tenbury ,regards Keith

DEANB:
Scania 81 and Leyland Buffalo road test from 1976.

Click on pages twice to read.

Quick glance shows that the Leyland acquitted it’s self very well (on the test) in every way except the cab. A job half done perhaps?

Why do the container trucks have the extra axles on the trailers

atlas man:
Why do the container trucks have the extra axles on the trailers

The trailer splits in 2 just behind the 2 raised axles, drop the rear half at the first customer and off you go with the front half to another site

240 Gardner:
“scania81”
2 Boac livered 747 were coloured up for the centenary lately and all the fleet of B airways have gone early brought forward by covid.
1 had the shortest flight to get scrapped last year from cardiff to St athan[less then 20 mins].
Dai

The one at St Athan is supposedly being preserved - looking at where it’s parked, I think it’s with the Caerdev (formerly Cardiff Aviation, and owned by Bruce Dickinson), who offer storage services, and not eCube, who are breakers

Thanks for the comment’s Chris. :wink: Look what i found today. :laughing: :wink:

vwvanman0:
Browns (erf) are/were from Stoke, they were next to the a500 if i remember correctly.

Steve

Thanks Steve. :wink:

Kempston:

Stoke on Trent I believe Dean.

Cheers Kempson. :wink:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean,the articles on the Scania 81 were interesting,MFS at Maltby ran loads of them on the Littlewoods contract.They were all double shifted and gave good service,just a bit underpowered,but very manouverable,ideal for gaining access to some of the hoss and cart places that Littlewoods had to get tipped at night.
Apart from the photo of the solo unit which is mine,one is one of Pauls and the other sent to me by one of our Hitchin depot drivers,plus one in the snow at our Ross on Wye depot…You can just see a dolly coupled to AKW 784T,ready for a late afternoon trunk to Maltby from Hitchin. We inherited this boxvan at Maltby and we also had one with an auto box,they were dismal performers on drag work,only used when the Ford Transcontinentals and later Scania 82s were on service or MOT.

Glad you enjoyed that Chris,thanks for the pics and comments. :wink:

I bet that auto box was dismal as that would have been early auto boxes and lets be honest the one in the 2000’s were bloody death traps on DAF’s and Man’s. :laughing: :wink:

kingswinford kit:
“DEANB”

Harry Wragg Volvo. Think it says Ludlow on the door.

Hi Dean ,yes Harry Wraggg were from Little Hereford which is between Ludlow and Tenbury Wells ,they mostly hauled out of Wells drinks now Kerry Foods at Tenbury ,regards Keith

Thanks Keith for the info. :smiley:

essexpete:
“DEANB”

Scania 81 and Leyland Buffalo road test from 1976.

Quick glance shows that the Leyland acquitted it’s self very well (on the test) in every way except the cab. A job half done perhaps?

“essexpete” It did well but i am fairly certain that was the Leyland engine that used to blow up on a regular basis. :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

pete smith:
“atlas man” Why do the container trucks have the extra axles on the trailers
The trailer splits in 2 just behind the 2 raised axles, drop the rear half at the first customer and off you go with the front half to another site

Funny enough i have only ever seen one when it was being split which was quite intresting and a clever idea. :wink:

240 Gardner:
“DEANB”

MOL Scania.

One of “my” motors - highly unusual for a shipping line to operate a fleet. A number had their livery on hauliers’ vehicles, but these were operated directly from the traffic desk in the shipping line office. They motors were on a dedicated contract hire from BTS and, at the peak, I had 28, I think. I believe we were only the second operator in Southampton to have Nöteboom Combitrailers.

Here’s the same motor in the dock area c.2003:

And some others:

Of course no sooner had I got the last lot of new trailers finished in the same green as the boxes (matched RAL codes ‘n’ all), some idiot in Japan decided on a complete rebrand and a blue-and-white logo :unamused:

Good stuff Chris,thanks for the pics and info chap. :smiley: :wink:

Classic them changing the colour scheme !! :laughing: :laughing:

Container transport Part 1.

We have had some cracking container trucks on here. I wonder how many of these shipping lines are still going ?

A00126.JPG

A00157.JPG

A00241.JPG

A00309.JPG

A00333.JPG

A00334.JPG

A00366.JPG

A00374.JPG

A00453.JPG

A00466.JPG

The container revolution started in the 1960’s.

1. Sealand.

A03136p.JPG

A01693.JPG

A01567.JPG

A01595.JPG

A01701.JPG

A01738.JPG

A01818.JPG

paulgee bfi1.JPG

A01972.JPG

A02152.JPG

A02179.JPG

Container handling cranes.

containers crane 66.jpg

foden containers 691 ppg.PNG

Container crane brochure.

“Kempston” One like you used to run.

“finbarot” One of Drinkwater Sabey F7’s.

Anyone know where the Millborne Volvo F6 is from ■■

Think the Volvo F10 is Tank Freight ?

Miller Bros Maggie. Dont remember having one on before.

Some oldies from the steam fair and fair ground.

Lovely Mighty Antar.

Here you go Daz,reckon you will know this company. :wink:

routeman lloyd ppg.jpg

routeman lloyd2 ppg.jpg

DEANB:
“Kempston” One like you used to run.

Good old workhorse and very reliable from my experience.

“finbarot” One of Drinkwater Sabey F7’s.

Anyone know where the Millborne Volvo F6 is from ■■

Think the Volvo F10 is Tank Freight ?

Miller Bros Maggie. Dont remember having one on before.

Some oldies from the steam fair and fair ground.

Lovely Mighty Antar.

DEANB:
Thanks for the comment’s Chris. :wink: Look what i found today. :laughing: :wink:

I never cease to be amazed at the stuff you have tucked away!

Forgive my ignorance here Pete but I have zero knowledge about these trailers, so you arrive at the first customer, you split the trailer and go off to the next customer with the other container, so does this mean you have to go back to the first customer to retrieve the first trailer? Who owns the trailers, the container company or the transport company?

240 Gardner:

DEANB:

I never cease to be amazed at the stuff you have tucked away!

You’re not alone with that one!! :smiley: :smiley: