PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

DEANB:
Thanks for the link “Franglais”, i bet he was a character.

I claim no inside knowledge on this, just a lucky hit on Mr Google. :smiley:

But isnt this one of the joys* of tinternet? An interesting picture leading to …whatever… in this case an interesting gentleman, although sadly gone.

*OK not everything is great, but we`re all here using it?

Dean B.
Hi , been looking again at the photo of Clarkie’s merc and the driver.
The driver is a big guy and so it could be a guy called Ian who was with Clarkie probably from the start.
I remember Sean on the convoys during the miners strike running a sleeper cab Sed Ak with a 240 Gardner in it.
Iirc Ian eventually became transport manager and I also remember a driver called Brian who was or is a long time employee.
Regards, Allan

Buzzer:
Sorry to disturb you on a Sunday Dean but I do like an F88 or f89 something about the shape of them and always remember my first experience behind the wheel of one of them as time went on I have owned several of both types. Always remember the early 88’s had smaller hubs and it was a bugger to get the front wheel of if you had a puncture or had to change a wheel, a useful tip I learned was to jack the front up and use the breaker bar handle against the spring and use the power steering to push it out all the time turning the wheel a little at a time and eventually they would pop off, then before putting it back on give the hub a good coating of copper slip grease and the next time was a whole lot easier, sorry again for disturbing you on the sabbath but all in a good cause, Buzzer.

:laughing: :laughing: Cracking pic Buzzer in your best colours. :smiley: I reckon we may have to do a bit on them in the week. :wink:

Franglais:
“DEANB” Thanks for the link “Franglais”, i bet he was a character.

I claim no inside knowledge on this, just a lucky hit on Mr Google. :smiley:

But isnt this one of the joys* of tinternet? An interesting picture leading to …whatever… in this case an interesting gentleman, although sadly gone.

*OK not everything is great, but we`re all here using it?

I think most people would be lost these days without the internet. :wink:

Mrsteel:
Dean B.
Hi , been looking again at the photo of Clarkie’s merc and the driver.
The driver is a big guy and so it could be a guy called Ian who was with Clarkie probably from the start.
I remember Sean on the convoys during the miners strike running a sleeper cab Sed Ak with a 240 Gardner in it.
Iirc Ian eventually became transport manager and I also remember a driver called Brian who was or is a long time employee.
Regards, Allan

Thanks for your comments Allan i will have a word with Paul and see if we have any more of his. I dont know if you have
looked through the thread from the beginning but there are alot of Welsh motors on it. :wink:

Paul met up with Mark last week and he has come up trumps with some old pics. Unfortunately time has affected some of them
but Paul has been flat out editting them. There are some crackers in amongs them ! Remember these pics are between 40 and 50
years old.

Heres some.

(Click on snippets twice.)

Franke Volvo F89.

volvohh.jpg

1974 guest ppg.PNG

Christian Salvesen Volvo F86. Anyone know where the pic was taken ■■?

clip volvo christian salvesen ppg.PNG

Have not had a Kendrick Foden on for a while. Anyone know where the pic was taken ■■?

kendrick 1972 ppg.PNG

W.F.Miners DAF 2800.

Anyone recognise the Atkinson ■■?

Harding Brothers Crusader.

harding 1973 ppg.PNG

Scottish Road Services Guy Big J.

advert scottish guy ppg.PNG

M54 pics.

ARC Foden.

I.C.Pearman ERF. Anyone know where they are from ■■?

Symphony Kitchens DAF draw-bar.

NFT Distribution Volvo F10.

Anyone recognise the leyland ■■?

Leyland looks like one of Wrekin Constructions from Shifnal, we use to run to their tarmac gangs and they were good lads. No longer trading now though.

Pete.

Hi Dean.
That article about Hancocks trout scania brought back memories to me,i have been retired 18 years i worked for BOC margam S Wales we delivered liquid oxygen to him his tank is the grey one on the headboard it only took a squirt,he always gave us some fresh trout,smashing chap.
regards Tony.

DEANB:
Paul met up with Mark last week and he has come up trumps with some old pics. Unfortunately time has affected some of them
but Paul has been flat out editting them. There are some crackers in amongs them ! Remember these pics are between 40 and 50
years old.
Hello Dean glad to here that Paul met up with Mark last week and came up trumps with more old truck pics i am looking forward to seeing on this thread hopefully there will be some different pics of Routemans etc etc that i have not seen before. The ARC Foden tipper is a great shot All the very best for now Regards Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Heres some.

(Click on snippets twice.)

Franke Volvo F89.

Have not had a Kendrick Foden on for a while. Anyone know where the pic was taken ■■?

W.F.Miners DAF 2800.

Morning Dean,
I’m sure the Atki is one of Mervyn Appleby’s, Cheer’s Pete

Hi Dean, I googled Evans Estate Agents to find they had offices in Northfield, Kings Norton and Weoley Castle, narrows it down a bit. pyewacket947v is well genned up on Christian Salvesen motors he might know.
Brill photos the old black and white.
Oily

oiltreader:
Hi Dean, I googled Evans Estate Agents to find they had offices in Northfield, Kings Norton and Weoley Castle, narrows it down a bit. pyewacket947v is well genned up on Christian Salvesen motors he might know.
Oily

There was an Evans and Evans estate agents in Stafford…

it could well be the Bristol rd a38 northfield area, and makes sense if its a droitwich motor, probably heading into brum…

The Salvesen F86 is a Grantham depot (later became known as Easton) vehicle. Coupled to that single axle 33’ trailer it would have been working on the Marks and Spencer frozen food store delivery contract.

ArcDaz:
Hello Dean glad to here that Paul met up with Mark last week and came up trumps with more old truck pics i am looking forward to seeing on this thread hopefully there will be some different pics of Routemans etc etc that i have not seen before. The ARC Foden tipper is a great shot All the very best for now Regards Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for your comments Daz,glad you liked the Foden. The only people that have ever seen these pics are Mark,Paul and me so
you definately wont have seen them before chap. :smiley: :wink:

windrush:
Leyland looks like one of Wrekin Constructions from Shifnal, we use to run to their tarmac gangs and they were good lads. No longer trading now though.

Pete.

Thanks for the name Pete. :wink:

beaver 680:
Hi Dean.
That article about Hancocks trout scania brought back memories to me,i have been retired 18 years i worked for BOC margam S Wales we delivered liquid oxygen to him his tank is the grey one on the headboard it only took a squirt,he always gave us some fresh trout,smashing chap.
regards Tony.

Its great when people see things they remember Tony,glad it brought back some good memories. :smiley:

Heres anoher article about the fella ! :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
I’m sure the Atki is one of Mervyn Appleby’s, Cheer’s Pete

I dont know how you remembered that one Pete :smiley: Me and Paul could not make that one out but i reckon you
are spot on after looking at these two. Has the same initials on the front. :wink:

This is the same motor as the black and white one.

paulgee applebys1.jpg

paulgee applebys.jpg

oiltreader:
Oily

Thanks for the comments Oily, i dont know if the F86,Foden and Atki pics were all taken in the same town or seperate places
to be honest chap. I have always liked black & white pics. :smiley:

gingerfold:

oiltreader:
Oily

There was an Evans and Evans estate agents in Stafford…

I think one of the pics was Stafford Graham as i have just seen a pic of a Guy that has a sign pointing to RAF Stafford. :smiley: :wink:

m.a.n rules:
it could well be the Bristol rd a38 northfield area, and makes sense if its a droitwich motor, probably heading into brum…

Thanks for your input “m.a.n rules” you may be right as like i said above i dont know if the pics are all taken in the same town. :wink:

acab:
The Salvesen F86 is a Grantham depot (later became known as Easton) vehicle. Coupled to that single axle 33’ trailer it would have been working on the Marks and Spencer frozen food store delivery contract.

Thanks for the comments “acab” :wink:

Always amazed at the knowledge on here and what some of you remember from years ago,good stuff. :smiley:

This used to be a regular sight.

AS09.JPG

2017-06-19 14.47.43.jpg

A00047.JPG

A00139.JPG

2017-06-19 14.28.01.jpg

2017-07-19 21.01.13.jpg

A03846p.JPG

A03865p.JPG

paulgee british steel.jpg

Click on page twice to read.

“dave docwra” You always like a nice Irish motor. How about this stunning Shamrock F89.

Says RAF Stafford on the sign.

Anyone recognise the Guy ■■

Heres one for you Daz. :wink:

Cant make the name out on Scania live stock truck,anyone recognise it ■■ Possibly H.H.Williams from Gloucester way ?

Transfleet ERF.

Any of you Southampton chaps recognise the Volvo F86 leaving Poole docks ■■ Says Pat ■■? on door Totton,Hants.

Anyone ever drive a Alvis Stalwart in the Army ■■?

alvis 62b ppg.PNG

alvis 62a ppg.PNG

Think it says A.J.Court on the Volvo tipper.

Calor ERF.

Anyone recognise the Renault ■■?

Channel Express DAF draw-bar at Hurn/Bournemouth airport.

Drinkwater Sabey Volvo tipper.

Some Welsh & border trucks.

“kingswinford kit” A.E. Gough Volvo.

Owens Volvo.

Oswestry Waste Paper DAF.

Greyroads Foden.

R.F. Bellis Haulage DAF.

jshepguis:
Dean Scania is one of Hargreaves Transport.

“Jshepguis” Heres an older Hargreaves ERF. :wink:

hargreaves erfa.PNG

DEANB:
“dave docwra” You always like a nice Irish motor. How about this stunning Shamrock F89.

Thanks Dean, they always bring back good memories, I also like the Montgomery & the McLellan from Stranraer in the thread above.

Cheers Dave.

Morning Dean,
The Guy is one of British Reinforced Concrete, their factory was at the bottom of silkmore lane/A34 in Stafford, it was a massive site but now all gone and covered by housing estate and retail park. The Guy looks like it is at the bottom of the Newport road, A518, in Stafford town centre, Cheer’s Pete