PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Banks’s had a few of these Daf’s, both covered and open dray’s,also had a six wheel 2300 Daf, these replaced the Bedfords which Banks’s bought after being a big ERF user. They also ran a Scania 82 around the same time, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info Pete,good stuff chap. :wink:

Heres an earlier Banks Leyland.

banks br.PNG

DEANB:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
The Argos Merc would be a 1617 and was based at the Daventry depot, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info Pete. :wink: I thought the 1617 was only a rigid chap ? But you may be right. :unamused: :laughing:

Definate a 1617 mate, we had a 1617 wagon and drag at Penkridge depot, Bridgewater depot had some 1621’s and 1722’s, we had some Leyland Cruisers at Penkridge 1615’s and 1617’s, I had a spell on these before being given a Roadtrain with a 265 roller.

DEANB:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Banks’s had a few of these Daf’s, both covered and open dray’s,also had a six wheel 2300 Daf, these replaced the Bedfords which Banks’s bought after being a big ERF user. They also ran a Scania 82 around the same time, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info Pete,good stuff chap. :wink:

Heres an earlier Banks Leyland.

Hi Dean,
I have a few pics of Banks’s motors, I’ll dig them out and post them. They have a few Dafs still on the fleet but all new vehicles are now Mercedes, Cheer’s Pete

pete smith:

DEANB:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
The Argos Merc would be a 1617 and was based at the Daventry depot, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info Pete. :wink: I thought the 1617 was only a rigid chap ? But you may be right. :unamused: :laughing:

Definate a 1617 mate, we had a 1617 wagon and drag at Penkridge depot, Bridgewater depot had some 1621’s and 1722’s, we had some Leyland Cruisers at Penkridge 1615’s and 1617’s, I had a spell on these before being given a Roadtrain with a 265 roller.

Ok Pete, thanks for that never knew that. :smiley: :wink:

Wagon and drag must have been sloooooooooooooooow. :laughing:

DEANB:

pete smith:

DEANB:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,

Ok Pete, thanks for that never knew that. :smiley: :wink:

Wagon and drag must have been sloooooooooooooooow. :laughing:

Very slow, the night man had the trailer on to do a Hoddesdon truck from Penkridge, it was plated for 24 ton gross and ran with a 2 axle a frame drawbar,
Me tipping at Woodgreen shop in 1992,

DEANB:
Some Welsh and border trucks.

Smart Volvo of Emyr Jones Volvo.

R & B Transport Scania.

A.E.Gough Volvo.

T.Alun Jones Renault.

Williams Scania.

Cawley Bros MAN bulker.

John Pearce DAF.

Owens DAF.

TWT Logistics DAF.

C & M Transport DAF.

Hello DEAN ,C&M Transport are from Wrexham ,but first started up in Llanfair C nr Welshpool ,as you can see a high profile fleet they have Scanias as well ,thank you Trevor

tastrucker:
C & M Transport DAF.

Hello DEAN ,C&M Transport are from Wrexham ,but first started up in Llanfair C nr Welshpool ,as you can see a high profile fleet they have Scanias as well ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. :wink:

Some oldies.

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages once/twice to read.

I reckon a few of you will have delivered here over the years.

Ford. Classic pic of the AA recovery truck with the number plate hanging off. :laughing:

Never knew that the last batch of Transcons was assembled by Foden.

AEC 1968.

AEC Logging in New Zealand 1968.

Rathbones MAN.

P8030064p.JPG

Biffo Scania with Pickford’s Volvo.

P4250152p.JPG

Never heard of Hinton Corrpak before ?

P8040083p.JPG

Yearsley Cold Store Volvo.

P8050173p.JPG

Armet Logistics Volvo tanker.

P8050234p.JPG

Maguires DAF from Cheltenham i seem to remember.

P8050250p.JPG

Cox Long Scania.Dont think we have had one of these on before.

P8050502p.JPG

Anyone recognise the MAN ■■? Looks like a BOCM Pauls going the other way.

P8050601p.JPG

Corby Chilled Volvo.

P8070019p.JPG

Marshall Barry DAF bulker.

P8070142p.JPG

Some from Wales and the borders.

R.N.Robert’s and Sons Volvo.

Chilton Bulk Volvo.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

D.J.Davies & Son DAF.

Bears Transport DAF.

Dont think we have had one of these on before, Severn Sands DAF.

A.E.Gough & Sons Mercedes.“tastrucker” Trevor dont remember having a Mercedes before,normally Volvo or Scania.

Golder Scania.

L.E.Jones Scania.

T.Alun Jones Scania.

Hi Dean,
Cox Long are from Stafford, used to have a yard at the top of Silkmore Lane but moved to Hixon Airfield. That Scania would have been supplied by West Pennine at Telford going by the Shropshire reg, Cheer’s Pete

P8050502p.JPG

DEANB:
Rathbones MAN.

Corby Chilled Volvo.

Hi Dean, Rathbones had a large bakery on the A49, Warrington Road, in the Newtown area of Wigan.

Its a good job that the Cox Long Scania`s signwriting of the company name is in alphabetical order.
Had it been the opposite way, it would have been Long Cox. :wink: Cheers, Ray.

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:
Rathbones MAN.

Corby Chilled Volvo.

Hi Dean, Rathbones had a large bakery on the A49, Warrington Road, in the Newtown area of Wigan.

The Rathbones MAN was probably on inter-bakery trunking duties between Wigan and the former Kears bakery at Rogerstone. Kears acquired Rathbones through quite a convoluted takeover, and as Rathbone was the stronger brand Kear’s re-branded itself as Rathbones. Eventually the entire group collapsed and was bought by Morrisons supermarkets. Rathbones (and Kears) were major customers of Spillers Milling when I worked for that company. Tom Rathbone was a director of Wigan Rugby League club, he gave me tickets to attend a Challenge Cup Final one year at the old Wembley Stadium.

hi dean .the biffa lorry is from cardiff or swansea branch its carrying uk waste which was a company they took over

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
Cox Long are from Stafford,

Is that the guy’s name, or is he just boasting. :smiley:

(Yeh, ok I’m childish. :blush: :laughing: )

Message for Pete Smith , bet you thought you were on top of the world with that lovely T45 roadtrain instead of a bloody Merc ?

DEANB:
Some oldies.

I note that one of the Fodens is sporting the reg No. M 3631 which is an old Cheshire reg. and the Fodens my Great Grandad Thomas Bewick & Son ran were all Cheshire “M” reg’s two of which were M 3102 and M 5527. My Great Aunt Dorothy ( Dora as we called her) one of Thos. Bewicks two daughters , the other was Sarah my Gran , told me that Thomas used to travel by train to Elworth to collect the new Fodens from the factory hence the Cheshire reg. Nos. He had pay cash on collection circa £1,000 per motor which apparently he dispensed from a money belt in Sovereigns !! No Bank transfers or “Drip” in those far off days !! Cheers Dennis.

DEANB:
Pics from the M54.

Banks Brewery DAF.

Argos Mercedes.did the 1617 unit have the 6 speed box,i drove a couple of these in rigid form a d reg 6 speed and a y reg with the back to front 8 speed.

Anyone recognise the colour scheme on the Volvo bulker,cant make name out ■■

Express Foods Volvo.

Anyone recognise the Volvo tanker. Fairly rare being a day cab.

Lee Smith Volvo.

BWOC Mercedes tanker.

J.C.Dean ERF bulker.

Yeovil Transport Services Iveco.

BOC Leyland.

A little brain teaser for you chaps ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Whats the truck ?